Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does my MY has the Tilt/Intrusion alarm option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does my MY has the Tilt/Intrusion alarm option?
As per the UK Tesla website the answer is yes, but I cannot see it in the car Apps and I need to know beacuse I am taking a ferry and would need to turn it off.
PS: the alarm is in Grey , then no option to turn it off.
1648633148330.png

1648633185528.png

There is a shipping/ferry thread (causes an issue when travelling on a boat if turned on) where iirc it said that you sad to turn off another mode (sentry?) before that option was able to be turned off. Otherwise it is always on. Personally, I have only seen it on but greyed out, but never delved into why.

Probably this thread...

Upvote 0
There is a shipping/ferry thread (causes an issue when travelling on a boat if turned on) where iirc it said that you sad to turn off another mode (sentry?) before that option was able to be turned off. Otherwise it is always on. Personally, I have only seen it on but greyed out, but never delved into why.

Probably this thread...
When I turn-off sentry mode the alarm is till in grey. I have called Tesla and they are going to call me back.

Upvote 0
Just bumping up this thread.

I looked around recently as I'm planning an upcoming ferry trip, but unlike the M3, it seems that the MY doesn't have a toggle for the Intrusion/Tilt sensor??
It's not showing up anywhere.
Do we know if they fitted for UK models at all?

Upvote 0
thats odd. Why would 'depending on region' vary between models? The 3 definitely has it - my recent trip to the isle of wight can testify both to the alarm going off based on tilt and there being an off button in the app. Although I think the alarm went off on the return trip too so maybe gps movement while locked did something? Ended up just leaving the damn thing unlocked in the end.

Upvote 0
thats odd. Why would 'depending on region' vary between models? The 3 definitely has it - my recent trip to the isle of wight can testify both to the alarm going off based on tilt and there being an off button in the app. Although I think the alarm went off on the return trip too so maybe gps movement while locked did something? Ended up just leaving the damn thing unlocked in the end.
The UK Y definitely does have the tilt/intusion alarm. I know as I deafened the tyre shop when they lowered my car off the jack and the car had locked due to me walking away.

The reason it differs between regions is purely due to the laws of those territories, the tilt thing is part of the thatcham alarm standard used by insurers in Europe but other territories like the USA don’t use that same system so it isn’t required.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Upvote 0
The UK Y definitely does have the tilt/intusion alarm. I know as I deafened the tyre shop when they lowered my car off the jack and the car had locked due to me walking away.

The reason it differs between regions is purely due to the laws of those territories, the tilt thing is part of the thatcham alarm standard used by insurers in Europe but other territories like the USA don’t use that same system so it isn’t required.

different UI then? I had the tilt/intrusion switch as I turned it off (and then it still went off anyway so I do’nt even know what it did).

Upvote 0