Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your cable organiser fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ICUDoc

May 19, 2015
Sydney NSW
ok, I've had the Model S for some time now, but only had the HPWcharger installed in my garage for a short time. On the weekend I screwed the black bracket to the wall, went to plug the cable in and : it doesn't fit. I tried a few times- am I going mad? Does yours fit???
Here is a link to the black plastic bracket aka cable organiser:
Tesla — Cable Organizer
Thanks for your input :)

I tried a few times- am I going mad?
Yep, same here with my single phase HPWC, so I bought the cable organiser from Tesla for about $20 (which holds the Tesla charge head), and put the single phase wall bracket beside the 3phase HPWC at work, because the 3 phase unit stores the cable end in a recess on the side of the HPWC, but as it has 7m of cable- it needs a wall bracket to tidy the cable length. So problem solved.

My suggestion - don't go mad, buy the cable organiser

I've got a new MX and thinking about convenience for charging and storage of cable in my garage. The supplied mobile cord is long enough to reach my charge port from the 15-40 on the wall in front of the vehicle. But the cable is heavy and I don't like the strain on either end. Anyone have experience with an overhead hanging arrangement, like I used to do for machines in my factory? I think that I would need to make or buy an extension cable (you can find these on Amazon with correct plugs and sockets, and AMP rating. Power loss, heating, and another connection interface is a concern however also.

Any experiences? I'd simply want to store the cable overhead and pull down to the charge port. And no, I don't want to back in or summon versus drive it in myself nose first.

The single phase wall connector came with the USA bracket (stupidly). However, I have seen a Mennekes version in the showroom in Sydney so they must be available. The show car on the floor is plugged into that unit. Suggest you get them to exchange for it WITHOUT charge! The bracket simply slides up on the wall plate and i would hope the Mennekes version should simply slot back down on that. If they have changed the whole shebang, that would be stupid indeed!
3 Phase is not an issue since the case of the connector has a moulded recess to hold our Mennekes head.

I've got a new MX and thinking about convenience for charging and storage of cable in my garage. The supplied mobile cord is long enough to reach my charge port from the 15-40 on the wall in front of the vehicle. But the cable is heavy and I don't like the strain on either end. Anyone have experience with an overhead hanging arrangement, like I used to do for machines in my factory? I think that I would need to make or buy an extension cable (you can find these on Amazon with correct plugs and sockets, and AMP rating. Power loss, heating, and another connection interface is a concern however also.

Any experiences? I'd simply want to store the cable overhead and pull down to the charge port. And no, I don't want to back in or summon versus drive it in myself nose first.
I suggest you search this site. I recall that a long time ago there were a whole bunch of threads emanating from the USA that addressed this issue with appropriate products only available within the USA.

I'm just about to get my 3 phase HPWC installed so thanks for the warning. So maybe this might be better?

Type 2 Dummy Wall Holder

2015_04_10_07.53.02__31538.1435290512.jpg

Tesla at St Leonards has a newer version of the cable holder that fits our size cable. However when I saw it on the wall of the delivery room (for want of a better term) and asked about it they said they were still "testing" it. That was 5 months ago and I had assumed they were now supplying these locally but perhaps not.

I'm just about to get my 3 phase HPWC installed so thanks for the warning. So maybe this might be better?

Type 2 Dummy Wall Holder

2015_04_10_07.53.02__31538.1435290512.jpg
You're in luck. The 3 phase HPWC is complete and does not require accessories. I have one. You coil the cable over the HPWC itself (get it mounted high so there's just 3 loops if you are getting the 7m cord). The 3 phase unit has a built in plug holder.
The above works best when cabled from the wall cavity not conduit.

Yep, same here with my single phase HPWC, so I bought the cable organiser from Tesla for about $20 (which holds the Tesla charge head), and put the single phase wall bracket beside the 3phase HPWC at work, because the 3 phase unit stores the cable end in a recess on the side of the HPWC, but as it has 7m of cable- it needs a wall bracket to tidy the cable length. So problem solved.

My suggestion - don't go mad, buy the cable organiser
Thanks, Novatec and everyone else.
I'm in Artarmon tomorrow, so I'll drop by the service centre and see if they have a compatible organiser for me.
Many thanks again.
(I'll save my sanity for later- I might need it...)

Thanks, Novatec and everyone else.
I'm in Artarmon tomorrow, so I'll drop by the service centre and see if they have a compatible organiser for me.
Many thanks again.
(I'll save my sanity for later- I might need it...)
So I popped into the Service Centre- met the new Service Manager, Alexio (lovely guy). Five minutes later I walked out with the new wall mount for the Australian connector- easy- peasy. Slides onto the same wall mount that the US one uses.
Man, I love Tesla service......

Reactions: bradjc and Novatec
So I popped into the Service Centre- met the new Service Manager, Alexio (lovely guy). Five minutes later I walked out with the new wall mount for the Australian connector- easy- peasy. Slides onto the same wall mount that the US one uses.
Man, I love Tesla service......

Ah, that is good to hear. Will have to sort one out too. Any chance of a pic with it on the wall? I can't find any info on these anywhere...

This is how I did mine. I have the 1P 32A HPWC on the cheap night rate circuit (works from about 9pm to 6am), and the 3P 32A charger for fast charges if I need them during the day, or if I have a visiting Tesla needing a top up! The 1P 15A socket allows me to charge with my UMC during the day when my solar system detects that there is excess solar (rather than feed it back to the grid, as I only get the low feed in tarrif). I find the standard cable holders more than adequate.

20160821_171812.jpg

Reactions: JPUConn and ModelX
Does anyone know if these cable organisers in Australia fit the Model 3? I presume they do given it is also Type 2 like the Model S/X?

I don't see them on Tesla's website for Australia, how do we get them and how much are they?

Does anyone know if these cable organisers in Australia fit the Model 3? I presume they do given it is also Type 2 like the Model S/X?

I don't see them on Tesla's website for Australia, how do we get them and how much are they?
They are supplied as part of the Tesla Wall Connector package. Try contacting Tesla, they may be listed as a spare part rather than an accessory.