Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Unit Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2014 S85 RWD rear motor is making that milling noise, and quite loudly at that. I don’t mind the noise and don’t really feel like spending the $5k to replace is warranted asap.

After folks have been hearing the milling noise, how long were you able to drive it for before the motor completely died? Is it a structural thing or just noise?

Getting my DU replaced next week under warranty.
Getting the "DI_w147_highTorqueWearLimit - Drive inverter Warning: torque mechanical wear limit reached"
Probably the WOT-counter(wide-out throttle) that reached it's limit according to the SC man. Car has 255K KM. This would mean I have to replace DU every 255k KM if I drive the same way?
Getting 1025598-00-T, surprises me it's the same as the P100D and the same since 2019, guess it's a good one this time! I hope the WOT limit is higher.

Also they want to replace my HV Harness (1022562-00-C) because the rubber might damage during the DU replace. I have to pay over €1K for this, shouldn't it be under warranty since it didn't have to be replaced if my DU didn't fail?

Then I will also have the pyro fuse replaced for the new fuse (1111313-00-F

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Back in October 2022, I had my drive unit replaced under warranty- 1025598-00-T - should I consider having the retrofit to eliminate the chance of lubricant in the inverter?

This was in my 2015 P85D that thinks it is a P90D - battery pack replaced in January 2020 and retrofits required P90D software.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash