Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving visualization temporarily degraded message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue tonight.. after parking for a few minutes it seemed to have gone away..

You have 50+ Disagrees & 44+ Funnies on your only other post regarding Tesla being a bubble, no tech advantages & the big boys are coming.

I suggest forum members consider the merits of other posts from this member.

You have 50+ Disagrees & 44+ Funnies on your only other post regarding Tesla being a bubble, no tech advantages & the big boys are coming.

I suggest forum members consider the merits of other posts from this member.

I definitely riled some feathers! Other than that 1 contentious post.. I’m just a very humble and satisfied Model Y owner that has a passion for all things related to investing!

Had this happen 3 times this week while driving with Autopilot on

4LsIDme.jpg

Pretty annoying

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
New to Tesla - got it last week. Was working all well until I got the message referenced in this topic this morning while driving. Is there any consensus as to what needs to be done? i.e. need a service appointment?

New to Tesla - got it last week. Was working all well until I got the message referenced in this topic this morning while driving. Is there any consensus as to what needs to be done? i.e. need a service appointment?

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether an issue is caused by firmware or hardware. In this case, I've had the temporarily degraded message about 3 times on previous firmware versions, but not once since upgrading to 2020.48+.

If it comes up again, I'll likely reach out to the service center.

• Informative
Reactions: royinla
It happens for me on and off. Sometimes for days. Wondering if anyone got satisfactory answers after a SC visit. I have FSD with AP HW3. Currently on 2020.48.12.1. I made an appointment for 2/9. If no one has a good answer, I can report back after the SC visit.

Just got this message from the service center. Sounds like some hardware needs to be replaced for this error.

Parts Ordered
  1. CABLE,RF,MS,HEADLINER,TRIPLE CAM MAIN
    Part #: 1091812-00-A
    Order Date: February 6, 2021
  2. CABLE,RF,IP,TRIPLE CAM MAIN
    Part #: 1062736-00-C
    Order Date: February 6, 2021

• Informative
Reactions: royinla
Just picked up my car, and the problem is now fixed. Here is what I found out. This error message can come from a number of sources, including any of the cameras. Once I submitted the service request, they were able to remotely diagnose the problem (front camera in my case) and ordered the parts needed under warranty. I am glad I took care of this while still under warranty.

Happened to me twice, with different software versions, both times immediately after starting the car.
Message went away on its own after about 5 minutes the first time, second time I was not in a hurry and just stopped the car, got out, closed it, got back in and took off. Problem solved.
I felt like Roy from the IT crowd: “have you tried turning it off and on again?”