Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm not 100% sure on that as I did not complete the transaction. The paper work does say "Total Labor Amount: 96.25" Pay Type: Customer Pay

I got the idea that this might be negotiable. But that is an unconfirmed vague impression on my part. Do not want to start a rumor ​but I may have inadvertently.

Its those smallish things that push us over the line / edge.

I wonder where Elon keeps his sunglasses?

Ok thanks. I'm back to the "do nothing" decision until I see both in person.

So what's the deal on the Center Console? Put my name on a pre-order list close to 2 years ago, and with the exception of an email apologizing for the delay, a YEAR ago, nothing. I now see that all traces of the product have been scrubbed from the TM website. With no communication. Has a rather familiar ring to it, eh?

So what's the deal on the Center Console? Put my name on a pre-order list close to 2 years ago, and with the exception of an email apologizing for the delay, a YEAR ago, nothing. I now see that all traces of the product have been scrubbed from the TM website. With no communication. Has a rather familiar ring to it, eh?

It's still there:

Tesla Gear Shop Premium Front Console - Piano Black

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I'm glad I got it. Nice little dock to charge up the phone and the covered storage is nice. Also, theres a nice little storage tray there when the phone area is "up". I stored my watch there on a nice long sunny drive yesterday because the angle of the sun kept hitting my watch and blinding me :)

When they first installed it, they had my micro-USB port facing backwards. When I went to plug my phone in, the screen was facing away from me, which just felt odd. Apparently its not standardized among phones and Samsung goes the 'other way'. I walked back in the service center and explained the situation... they pulled my car back in and 5 minutes later it was fixed.

Seems like they should be able to swap the cable pretty easy given how fast they corrected that... but obviously they'd need the cables.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I'm glad I got it. Nice little dock to charge up the phone and the covered storage is nice. Also, theres a nice little storage tray there when the phone area is "up". I stored my watch there on a nice long sunny drive yesterday because the angle of the sun kept hitting my watch and blinding me :)

When they first installed it, they had my micro-USB port facing backwards. When I went to plug my phone in, the screen was facing away from me, which just felt odd. Apparently its not standardized among phones and Samsung goes the 'other way'. I walked back in the service center and explained the situation... they pulled my car back in and 5 minutes later it was fixed.

Seems like they should be able to swap the cable pretty easy given how fast they corrected that... but obviously they'd need the cables.
My motorola have its connector on the side...

Instead of all other decor finishes becoming available "in the spring", the Tesla accessories site now says "later this year". :rolleyes:

*sigh*.

Some things are just beyond comprehension.

I can kind of understand why it took Tesla a long time to get the CHAdeMO adapter produced. I'm sure there were a lot of technical hurdles to get over, and it's probably got some complicated electronics built into it. And the delays with software updates for the car, though annoying, are also understandable, since mistakes there can be a matter, literally, of life and death.

But a center console? What is complicated about this?

This is especially vexing since I believe the only difference between the piano black version, which has been available for quite some time, and the other versions is one piece of trim.

Am I missing something here? (Other than my Obeche Matte center console?)

I said it before and I'll say it again: I bet my wife will be driving her Model X before I see an Obeche Gloss Center console for my Model S!

Having said that, I really like the Rear Center Console, which comes in Tan/Obeche Gloss, and for which there was a working prototype model during Get Amped test drives in July 2012.

Long design cycle here. Errrrm...

I got my center console installed about a week ago.
how hard is the sliding cover above the cup holders intended to be to open? I have to apply considerable strength and then it snaps open. But it closes very easily.

Well fine, but I'd hope they're not starting from scratch just to change the color of the wood.

True enough. But the additional number of months to get the wood veneers done makes me wonder. I am actually hoping that the delay might result in the option for Tan leather, also. I think the wood looks best next to the tan, and doesn't really appear next to black anywhere else in the car.