Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drop-In Center Console now in the Tesla Model S online store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will try to take photos tomorrow. I had my console installed today. It is fantastic.I have the micro usb jack with the console, and it won't work with my Nokia 920 with a case on it. I will try it with the case off. I had been using a cable to charge it, and may still need to do the same. 2 phones will fit in the space. If the phone was docked you could not close the cover.

I had no real issues of using the open space prior to the console, but the space looked cluttered. Now the space looks complete.

GNelson or anybody with the center console already, could you possibly measure the width area by the jack. I am wondering if my iPad Mini would fit and able to charge in that space.

Thanks

My wife likes the console. I kinda prefer the open space. The fact that there is so little storage actually helps keep me from getting the car cluttered. It also makes it easy to keep clean. Center consoles can be difficult to clean in the tiny nooks and crannies.

I don't know why a solution that has it snap or bolt in, but is still easy to remove. Imagine several snaps that are hard connected to the car. Those same snap connection pieces from the center console could be on the back of the mat that sits in open space. You might lose 1/4 of an inch, but you likely wouldn't notice the difference.

.../ @4SUPER9 I noticed you got the extended napa leather option. I could not find even one car that has that option in my last three trips to the Santana Row store. It must not be a very popular option. Could you describe it a little and tell us what you think about it? It will be a great help for me since I'm going to place my order of MS in the next day or two.
There’s some more discussion in these threads:

Extended Leather - Need help!!

Extended vs. regular Leather

You may want to consider posting in one of those as well, if you would like some more feedback...

Last edited:
symeta8a.jpg
byjy6a6e.jpg
be9y4a7e.jpg
5apu4u6e.jpg

The width dimension at the connector base is 4 5/8 in. More than 2 phones can lay in the space with one phone docked. My Nokia 930 Lumia docked well without the case.

Thanks for measuring the space. Unfortunately the mini is 5.3". I will have to figure out a plan B. (now if Tesla adds the Waze app to our touchscreen, I won't need the iPad mini in the car.)

Like many others, I got on the waitlist for the console on Oct 15 2013. I just heard back that I'm probably about 4-6 weeks away from being able to buy, though others who got on the list on the same day can order now. Tesla confirmed that because of my trim package (lacewood), they're not quite ready to take my order yet. So FYI, if you haven't heard back, just remain patient..
:smile:

Thanks for the pics cadester!

So it looks like the iPhone Dock flips up and down?
The dock doesn't flip. The lid does. We aren't stuck with an iPhone dock. Some of us have better Windows 8 phones that dock with a mini USB connection. You have a choice in connection when you order.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone with the console remove everything from it (no cupholders, no partition, etc.) and post a picture? I'd like to see what it looks like in "walled space" mode.

Thanks!
I will take a photo for you. I will need to get better lighting before I can take one.

Center console

Aside from being a permanent install, I haven't seen anything else posted about it as far as negatives go........

Anyway, point being, there are people who are turned off of the MS because of a lack of "creature-comforts". Without these I think they are going to hurt their sales down the road (yes, demand is really high right now... but when saturation levels hit a certain point these people will be important to capture).

Agreed. It was very hard decision for me. My order was placed after Tesla making Premium center console available, otherwise I might have switch to Jaguar or BMW, so improved "creature-comforts" really help in my case.
Hopefully, Tesla could do more such as matching color carpet/seatbelt, and rear console that I really want.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,030