Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

E.on Next Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems too much faff. This sort of setup is not consumer friendly and I doubt it’ll be successful.
20 minutes of a couple of phone calls faff at the start isn't much compared to the months of waiting at full price tariff for in my case a SMETS2 meter to be installed which might not even be possible in my location anyway.

In my case, mine was only problematic as i was too quick to setup the app before my account with eon next had been updated properly so the app didn't recognise the account. If i had waited 10 minutes after the phone call to switch it wouldn't of been any issue.

If I read this right, it connects to Tesla account to control/monitor charging of the car?

If Tesla make changes to how their API can be accessed, as they appear to be doing at present, is there official support of the app/API usage from Tesla such that it will continue to function and charge/discounted rates will work as expected?

Yeah thats a bit strange, I have the app only to charge at off-peak and also set the cost slider all the way down to 4p so it only does it then. In the car i have the start charging delayed until midnight but does seem controlled by the app.

My first credit to my account all worked as it should so it's all reasonably straight foward at the minute once you get past the initial set up gremlins i encountered as well.
Ok I've found where u set the price and set to 4p, will see what happens tonight.

I ended up telling the car to start at midnight and all works fine now, it's adds about 10% an hour so I set max charge no more than 40% more than current charge and it does it at 4p

20kWh for £0.80 last night which means a full charge of a long range for £3.20 or about a penny a mile.

At £6.00 a gallon for petrol right now you'd need to be getting 600mpg...

I ended up telling the car to start at midnight and all works fine now, it's adds about 10% an hour so I set max charge no more than 40% more than current charge and it does it at 4p

20kWh for £0.80 last night which means a full charge of a long range for £3.20 or about a penny a mile.

At £6.00 a gallon for petrol right now you'd need to be getting 600mpg...
It does encourage you to drive your car a lot more too. I regularly go out for a drive for no reason, other than the fact that I love it and it costs so little. Driving 100 miles for a pound is incredible compared to the 20 mpg in my old V6 ICE Mercedes, where the same journey would be 30 quid.

Reactions: Teddy69
So this has been working fine for me for coming up on a year.

However when I signed up I thought it was 2 years, but when I called to switch to the "drive" tarriff the sneaky sods changed it to 1 year, so come September I transfer to their variable rate and I guess no cheap over night either.

Also had them come fit a smart meter but install failed, outskirts of a big town but they couldn't get it to connect.

So was good while it lasted but now I seem a bit stuffed for the meantime, says I'll be 28p per kWh but assume when the cap lifts that'll go up.

So this has been working fine for me for coming up on a year.

However when I signed up I thought it was 2 years, but when I called to switch to the "drive" tarriff the sneaky sods changed it to 1 year, so come September I transfer to their variable rate and I guess no cheap over night either.

Also had them come fit a smart meter but install failed, outskirts of a big town but they couldn't get it to connect.

So was good while it lasted but now I seem a bit stuffed for the meantime, says I'll be 28p per kWh but assume when the cap lifts that'll go up.
I’m in the same boat it’s been fine for the year but no hope of them offering the tariff again.

I could try octopus again but last time they wouldn’t install a smart meter as I already have one just one that doesn’t work with them an old SMETS1 and they said to me on the phone I would just have to wait until it’s upgraded and works with them. 1 year later and that doesn’t seem to have changed so may as well stay put on the standard variable with eon for time being.

I am an E.ON customer currently looking at EV tariffs ahead of EDD. When I check E.ON Next Drive online the page says:

"We're aiming to re-launch our Next Drive electric vehicle tariff soon, including reviewing eligibility, and we can send you an email when we do."

Anyone else tried to switch to E.ON Next Drive recently or having similar experience? thanks

I am an E.ON customer currently looking at EV tariffs ahead of EDD. When I check E.ON Next Drive online the page says:

"We're aiming to re-launch our Next Drive electric vehicle tariff soon, including reviewing eligibility, and we can send you an email when we do."

Anyone else tried to switch to E.ON Next Drive recently or having similar experience? thanks
As mentioned i am already on it but due to expire mid August, I sent them a message asking if i could renew onto it again but I got a generic response saying sign up for an email when it's available.

I've sent Octopus an e-mail asking if they would swap my old SMETS1 to a SMETS2 so i could move to them and awaiting a response, but earlier this year they said no but no harm in asking again...