Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) for $4k. Who’s in?

Are you getting EAP?

• Yes

Votes: 72 19.1%
  • No

Votes: 172 45.6%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 133 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what was the reason you decided now to go with EAP?

just found it not worth it?

I’m still debating...
NOA does not work well on my commute.
I couldn't find NOA any better than basic autopilot since it cannot handle freeway interchange on the route.
Don't get me wrong it is just my personal experience, and I know NOA works great in many cases.
If an auto lane change only option available in the future, I would purchase it right away.

this is just what i was waiting for .

I dont really want FSD -- i have little confidence that Tesla will delivery real FSD and i dont mind driving myself around town.

I do want lane changes on the highway, i want freeway interchanges, and i want summon + self-parking.

so this is the perfect package for me -- and 4K is ok by my book -- bought it, been enjoying it for a few days now.

I dont really want FSD -- i have little confidence that Tesla will delivery real FSD and i dont mind driving myself around town.

I do want lane changes on the highway, i want freeway interchanges, and i want summon + self-parking.

so this is the perfect package for me -- and 4K is ok by my book -- bought it, been enjoying it for a few days now.
That’s exactly how I feel as well

That's my thought process also - any downsides? It should make highway driving safer, which is how my wife pitched it to me, which I agree

Reactions: SlimJim
Potentially dumb question here. I've seen various videos of Model 3s taking active collision avoidance measures (correcting a skid, swerving to avoid a lane incursions, etc.) autonomously. Does this capability only come with FSD? EAP? Standard AP? No AP?

Reactions: Siromnom
Potentially dumb question here. I've seen various videos of Model 3s taking active collision avoidance measures (correcting a skid, swerving to avoid a lane incursions, etc.) autonomously. Does this capability only come with FSD? EAP? Standard AP? No AP?
Those safety things supposedly with the plain AP. But I'm still not convinced those avoidance swerves are done by the computer.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but for those who chose the upgrade to EAP, it'll cost 5k to upgrade to FSD. That's a lot of juice for stop sign recognition and auto steer on city streets.

Last edited:
I was wondering if people think the automatic lane changing (with supervision) is safer than a normal human driver. With the regular autopilot I suspect driving is safer if the driver is also paying attention - you have the human and the computer trying to avoid a collision.

If's it's safer, I guess safety may be an argument in favor of purchasing.

So I ended up buying it, then returning it while in 48 hr window, then bought it again after the refund. It is definitely a want and not a need which comes at a slightly higher price than I like. Sweet spot for me would be around $3k. The NOA and lane change works well for me as well as regular summon in and out of my garage so im happy with the EAP upgrade. Haven’t tried smart summon yet. Biggest factor in me getting this was the wife’s support “if you want it, get it.”

• Funny
Reactions: Nvbob and SlimJim
So I ended up buying it, then returning it while in 48 hr window, then bought it again after the refund. It is definitely a want and not a need which comes at a slightly higher price than I like. Sweet spot for me would be around $3k. The NOA and lane change works well for me as well as regular summon in and out of my garage so im happy with the EAP upgrade. Haven’t tried smart summon yet. Biggest factor in me getting this was the wife’s support “if you want it, get it.”

im sort of like you. I just bought it this morning. Trying it out. Lane change works great. NoA mostly works great but it reverts back to regular autopilot when it rains little hard...like not that hard but it says poor weather condition so that’s little annoying.

I’m currently having hard time justifying 4K for this feature...but def my car feels like a new car having this.

I will prob try smart summon later see how it goes or fails lol.

how’s your experience and when you requested the refund how long did it take to process?

The refund request is pretty straight forward. The $ back to your card takes a while though.

I know we are all frugal minded and think $4000 is a lot for just lane change but honestly, it works very well and NoA makes highway driving a whole different level compared to TACC and autosteer. It's like the default AP stress level 5/10 and NoA makes it a 3/10. 10/10 being driving in fog with no headlight on a country back road and one tire punctured. We always have to define the scales right?