Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP now $7000 after purchase and “price subject to change”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Higher upgrade pricing may have something to do with the new CPU they are soon going to release.

Maybe in addition to the new software, you also get some new hardware.

May make upgrading at $7,000 reasonable.
There's nothing to suggest they'd upgrade the hardware for EAP, since the only thing they're planning is improved summon.
Price now v price later is just playing bookmaker, trying to make you an offer and get you to bite now. The more they need your money now, the more they improve your odds.
They just want as much money this quarter as they can get.

There's nothing to suggest they'd upgrade the hardware for EAP, since the only thing they're planning is improved summon.
Price now v price later is just playing bookmaker, trying to make you an offer and get you to bite now. The more they need your money now, the more they improve your odds.
They just want as much money this quarter as they can get.
Yes, I'm pretty sure they've stated EAP does not require HW 3.0 upgrade, and that only those with FSD option would be entitled to it.

Perhaps my point, is that at some time the cars will be coming with the new, enhanced computer. Their might be price increases at that time. Even for EAP, the new computer will provide additional capabilities that add value to all levels of driver assistance.

Tesla is going to be going all out to get as many cars as possible before EOY when the full tax credit is planned to be reduced.

06577207-D799-4C5C-B689-0BADF5254AED.jpeg
I got the free trial today !! Woot woot

Reactions: sg021
Why? I'm only expecting it to go up in price as they complete/add features and get closer to taking it out of "beta".
I thought it may go down as well, or at least not make the jump to 7K. I figured competition with Super Cruise or Eye Sight or other technologies would keep it in check. I guess with the lower trim packages coming out, they are trying really hard to get more adoption of EAP at purchase. 5K seems reasonable given the incremental upgrades, recent NoA, and future smart summon.

Last edited:
I thought it may go down as well, or at least not make the jump to 7K. I figured competition with Super Cruise or Eye Sight or other technologies would keep it in check. I guess with the lower trim packages coming out, they are trying really hard to get more adoption of EAP at purchase. 5K seems reasonable given the incremental upgrades, recent NoA, and future smart summon.

Supercruise is only available on one model (thought that's changing in the future) and you have to pay $15,000 more for the trim level that offers it as an option at all (then it's another 5k for the option)

and then it works a ton less places than EAP does.

So I dunno that's really much 'competition'

Reactions: MP3Mike