Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can now clear up a few things since this is in the air:
  • S line change (everything I mentioned in original post) is NOT complete but should be this week, so deliveries in ~1-2 weeks
  • I am not sure if appliqué will end up body colored or black. I've seen both. Most recent mules I've seen have body color and that's my guess.
  • S/X do NOT have radar anymore and running pure vision now (idk if this is actually new but it was called out on what's been shared with me)
  • X line change is already complete and deliveries as soon as 1-2 days from now
  • X does NOT have this new headlights, only rear changes
My order remains on hold until I hear about a few other things, but I expect to lift it shortly.

• S line change (everything I mentioned in original post) is NOT complete but should be this week, so deliveries in ~1-2 weeks
  • I am not sure if appliqué will end up body colored or black. I've seen both. Most recent mules I've seen have body color and that's my guess.
  • S/X do NOT have radar anymore and running pure vision now (idk if this is actually new but it was called out on what's been shared with me)
My order remains on hold until I hear about a few other things, but I expect to lift it shortly.
He's back!

Reactions: MasterFung

Can you add more detail to the above red text? :D

Jarvis AI?? ..’sir.. I’m detecting your hunger levels have increased. Shall I initiate the burger protocol?’ MS then proceeds to the nearest burger joint and automatically orders in advance…robotic hand comes out of the dash and starts to feeds you as you drive.

Ok….I’ll settle for auto/close doors :)

Thanks! Welcome back. If the no radar is true, that is a huge negative. I have a 2021 Vision MYP and it is terrible relative to my old radar Model X.

Well crap, I really wanted the new headlights, hated the new tails though and now I hear no more radar....

I have heard a lot of bad things about vision only with phantom braking!

And isn't vision only systems limited to a lower speed for adaptive cruise as well?

I think I may have preferred the previous version now....

Yes. It is bad in general. Vision is still restricted to 80 mph. Tesla promised this would be removed 9 months ago.

Well crap, I really wanted the new headlights, hated the new tails though and now I hear no more radar....

I have heard a lot of bad things about vision only with phantom braking!

And isn't vision only systems limited to a lower speed for adaptive cruise as well?

I think I may have preferred the previous version now....

It looks good in person IMO and I strongly prefer it now.

I've been using Tesla Vision for awhile now with FSD Beta and it's actually pretty great.

Max speed on FSD only vision Autosteer is 80MPH but TACC is 90MPH.

Those things are not in the air currently so unfortunately no!

When I put my order on hold it was a "well crap I really want to make sure I have this" and it is now that plans have evolved it is more like "okay this actually doesn't really matter" -- I can't really elaborate further than that other than there's marginal improvements coming to things that don't really matter and a gimmick commonly found on other nice cars that may be retrofittable to the new S being made now.

There will always be new things just around the corner. Some worth waiting for, some not. These aren't IMO, and I am prone to butthurt about these kinds of things. :)

Jarvis AI?? ..’sir.. I’m detecting your hunger levels have increased. Shall I initiate the burger protocol?’ MS then proceeds to the nearest burger joint and automatically orders in advance…robotic hand comes out of the dash and starts to feeds you as you drive.

Ok….I’ll settle for auto/close doors :)

lmao, the changes are definitely a lot less meaningful than that stuff!

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It looks good in person IMO and I strongly prefer it now.

I've been using Tesla Vision for awhile now with FSD Beta and it's actually pretty great.

Max speed on FSD only vision Autosteer is 80MPH but TACC is 90MPH.

Those things are not in the air currently so unfortunately no!

When I put my order on hold it was a "well crap I really want to make sure I have this" and it is now that plans have evolved it is more like "okay this actually doesn't really matter" -- I can't really elaborate further than that other than there's marginal improvements coming to things that don't really matter and a gimmick commonly found on other nice cars that may be retrofittable to the new S being made now.

There will always be new things just around the corner. Some worth waiting for, some not. These aren't IMO, and I am prone to butthurt about these kinds of things. :)

lmao, the changes are definitely a lot less meaningful than that stuff!
Ooohhh gimmicky stuff found on other nice cars, hope it means heads up display or ambient lighting, and in either case, retrofittable to the refreshed Model S prior to the headlight upgrade lol.

Yes. It is bad in general. Vision is still restricted to 80 mph. Tesla promised this would be removed 9 months ago.
Yep, not happy, I do over 80 with adaptive cruise with MUCH cheaper vehicles on a regular basis.

And after posting the above, reached out to a coworker who recently rented the Model 3 to see if he had any phantom braking issues, thinking, hey, maybe its not as bad as others make it out to be, but nope, in a week long rental, he had 3 incidents...... :mad:

Thanks! Welcome back. If the no radar is true, that is a huge negative. I have a 2021 Vision MYP and it is terrible relative to my old radar Model X.

Thanks! I wonder if there is a huge delta between FSD and production software because it has been great for me.

Ooohhh gimmicky stuff found on other nice cars, hope it means heads up display or ambient lighting, and in either case, retrofittable to the refreshed Model S prior to the headlight upgrade lol.

I would strongly encourage not thinking anything is retrofittable so you are surprised and happy if it happens to not be the case rather than upset if there's a missing data connector, or whatever needed. :)

Yep, not happy, I do over 80 with adaptive cruise with MUCH cheaper vehicles on a regular basis.

And after posting the above, reached out to a coworker who recently rented the Model 3 to see if he had any phantom braking issues, thinking, hey, maybe its not as bad as others make it out to be, but nope, in a week long rental, he had 3 incidents...... :mad:

TACC on FSD is 90MPH. I have very few phantom braking on FSD nowadays, especially on highways where it isn't the new nets.

Dumb question, but is a HUD necessary on Palladium with the yoke and the screen clearly visible right in front?

Ambient lighting would be nice. Got picked up in Brussels by driver in a BMW 7 variant on Thursday and the lighting was quite impressive. Subtle and elegant.

Dumb question, but is a HUD necessary on Palladium with the yoke and the screen clearly visible right in front?

Ambient lighting would be nice. Got picked up in Brussels by driver in a BMW 7 variant on Thursday and the lighting was quite impressive. Subtle and elegant.

Yes, HUDs, HUDs everywhere. I want a HUD in every window. I'd preferably like to see my lovely wife's face in all of them, even if she's in the car with me. MAKE IT HAPPEN, TESLA!

• Funny