Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early '22 Exterior Refresh Tracking (Lights, Charging Door, Appliqué delete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting, seen on FB…

4CCAC2E6-B414-4849-BB10-85D7DAE4B847.jpeg

294620E5-A547-44D6-B980-0499D510A441.jpeg

I’m sure if the headlights are updated, it’ll have more functionality, but I wish they kept the old design of the rears and just updated the lights.

Now that center bar, with bodymatch Color and no overlap into the lights, feels pointless and out of place, like an unnecessary trunk trim that serves no purpose. At least before, it was an accent piece.

I’m sure if the headlights are updated, it’ll have more functionality, but I wish they kept the old design of the rears and just updated the lights.

Now that center bar, with bodymatch Color and no overlap into the lights, feels pointless and out of place, like an unnecessary trunk trim that serves no purpose. At least before, it was an accent piece.
There is not enough room in the new taillight for the tips of the appliqué. They should’ve redone the tailgate so it is smooth like 3/Y, but they went the cheap route.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Just my taste. But I am not a fan of the rear. Really they should have just dropped the bar and extended the top lip of the trunk as a single piece.
Yeah sure, but then they'd have to retool for longer, and likely re-crash test it as well. It would be new sheetmetal at that point. It likley was not worth the money and time.

It makes zero sense to shut down the lines again, and wait for crash tests, after having the lines down for 5+ months in 2021. I would think they are rather reluctant to do that again until a more major update occurs. Then they will do it again I think.😀
Agreed. It just looks like an afterthought for their flagship car. Cheap I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: EndlessPlaid