Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that many x's coming? Hopefully they can add a couple hpwc at Tranmere. I doubt that old building could support a sc. Oakville or Burlington would be a great spot for a new sc location. There's lots of car dealerships on the qew that might be well suited.

I think the concern is that the population of Model S's that they have to service has grown over the years, and the new Model X will just add to the volumes. And no, there is just no space for Supercharger hardware. They could throw up some HPWCs, but if a move is in the cards, it probably isn't worth the investment.

They seem to have some sort of overflow parking inside a building maybe a block away. On the odd occasion when I've left my car overnight, and they haven't disabled the app, I can see it parked inside of another nearby building.

I think the concern is that the population of Model S's that they have to service has grown over the years, and the new Model X will just add to the volumes. And no, there is just no space for Supercharger hardware. They could throw up some HPWCs, but if a move is in the cards, it probably isn't worth the investment.

They seem to have some sort of overflow parking inside a building maybe a block away. On the odd occasion when I've left my car overnight, and they haven't disabled the app, I can see it parked inside of another nearby building.

When Lawrence opened the space was huge in comparison to the old location. Due to the popularity of the car they are now too small. It takes 3 weeks to get an appointment and if they don't open another location soon this will soon become unmanageable. They already work extended hours to try to keep up.

Too bad they couldn't take over the rest of the building.

When Lawrence opened the space was huge in comparison to the old location. Due to the popularity of the car they are now too small. It takes 3 weeks to get an appointment and if they don't open another location soon this will soon become unmanageable. They already work extended hours to try to keep up.

A bit off topic, but it really makes me wonder if their "go it alone" approach is going to be viable when the mass market Model 3 arrives. Look at how many "dealerships" it takes to support other mass market brands. Do we expect as many Tesla Service Centers as there are Chevy, Ford or Toyota dealers?

A bit off topic, but it really makes me wonder if their "go it alone" approach is going to be viable when the mass market Model 3 arrives. Look at how many "dealerships" it takes to support other mass market brands. Do we expect as many Tesla Service Centers as there are Chevy, Ford or Toyota dealers?

I think they should license existing auto shops to do the services. Personally, I don't think it will be that difficult to repair Model S as there will be much less parts as an EV is supposed to have. Just wondering why Tesla is so stubborn not to bring more players into repairing/servicing the car. They don't even sell parts to those unlicensed shops, and thus make the repair cost insanely high, even higher than cars in the same price range.

Me too, but with the exception of Barrie. There have always been at least two, and often four other cars when I'm at Barrie. On a recent road trip to Chicago, I was the sole Tesla at every Supercharger I stopped at, both on the way there and the way back.

On my recent NY/NJ trip the only Supercharger where I saw other cars was Paramus NJ. But the chargers I stopped at were all critical links for long-distance travel. I would bet that the other cars at Paramus were more local.

Too bad they couldn't take over the rest of the building.

Getting an appointment for those Ottawa owners who have servicing in Toronto is even worse. Many times trips to Toronto are arranged at last minute and of course servicing of any sort is not possible. Personally I do not travel to Montreal and with family in Toronto using the Lawrence SC makes sense but try and get an appointment. I now have one that meets both our schedules - I now have one in October!!!

I can't wait until we have an Ottawa SC.

I was told that since they have announced that they will be opening a service center in Ottawa, that the mileage fees for Ranger/Valet service would no longer be charged for Ottawa-area residents.

I have the "anywhere" plan that they used to offer, so whenever my car needs service they either send a Ranger or a Valet and a loaner car. My service has been coming from Montreal lately.

H-Q has released its planned locations for CHAdeMO/CCS installations between now and December 2016. (Fall 2017 is probably more realistic).

Overall, very ambitious and a nice complement to the Supercharger network. The AddEnergie unit selected for the installations has proven very reliable overall and with the CHAdeMO adapter.

Green dots in the map are the 12 locations already open .Red ones are projected.

The Electric Circuit reveals the locations of 50 fast-charge stations | News | Newsroom | Hydro-Qubec

carte_50_brcc.jpg

I see they plan on putting one in Mont-Laurier and one in Val-D'Or. Anyone know if that's doable? I guess there's a chademo adapter in my future. Do they have them at the Montreal store or are they ordered online?

When you call the Montreal store, they generally advise you to order online. By the way, according to the Quebec EV site, AVEQ, the Ontario Transport Ministry is supposed to reveal a similar plan within a month or two. No idea what the financing plan might be in Ontario. In Quebec, H-Q is paying 50% of each installation up to a limit of $27,500. Nissan is also contributing around $15,000 per site for the first 25 locations. The host pays the rest.

There is no special deal with H-Q for demand charges that will likely increase on each hosts bill (in addition to the kWh charges.) The AddEnergie station actually has the feature of being able to modulate its power based on the customer's other loads in order to limit peak demand. However, they have stated that this is not enabled for the Circuit Electric, because they want charging to have priority.

I see they plan on putting one in Mont-Laurier and one in Val-D'Or. Anyone know if that's doable? I guess there's a chademo adapter in my future. Do they have them at the Montreal store or are they ordered online?

Definitely... One thing to keep in mind : the terrain is not flat at all up to Mont-Laurier (it's not too bad once you pass Mont-Laurier)... so check your speed carefully and expect to get the rated range - not ideal range. 2 weekends ago, I went to Nominingue from home (Blainville, just north of Montreal), it's about half-way between Mont-Tremblant and Mont-Laurier. 105km/h on hwy 15 and 100km/h on route 117 and I ended up doing around 190Wh/km on my way. Return trip was easier on the battery (around 170Wh/km). Back and forth was a right on the spot 180Wh/km - exactly the rating of the car and within 1-2% of EVTripPlanner's estimate.

Exterior temp was 27-29C, Interior temp was 22C, range mode on, 85D on 19in with around 200kg of stuff.

You can easily reach Mont-Laurier from Montreal on a single chargeCharging up to 90%SOC at Mont-Laurier, you should be able to reach Val-D'or with around 20-25%SOC left. In Summer that is! In -20C... I would get a range charge at Mont-Laurier and slow down a bit - to make sure I make it. You don't want to get stuck in the parc de la vérendrye!

I guess there's a chademo adapter in my future. Do they have them at the Montreal store or are they ordered online?
I bought one through the online store and used it a total of 7 times at three different ChaDeMo chargers on a recent trip to Nova Scotia ... At Quebec, in Truro, and on a side trip to Bangor Maine and I think it was well worth the price. 150 km/hr instead of 70 or less km/hr really pays off in time savings.

Regarding CHAdeMO in Ontario:

according to the Quebec EV site, AVEQ,

the Ontario Transport Ministry is supposed to reveal a similar plan within a month or two

This might deserve it's own thread, that is awesome news!
The CHAdeMO adaptor will become a great purchase at the low price of $450 as this rolls out!
Who needs the $2000 dual charger add-on for 20kW (but mostly 5-15kW implemented) when there are 25-50kW chargers around Ontario?!

I was there Sunday night and the A stall was putting out very little current. Less than a wall connector. Luckily I was the only one there and the B stall was working normally.
Ok, might explain what's happening here. Which one is the A stall? While standing on front of the building, looking at it, the one on the right is the one that was covered.

There are still loads of places where the second charger really helps out reducing charge time...my garage comes to mind...:wink:

Regarding CHAdeMO in Ontario:

This might deserve it's own thread, that is awesome news!
The CHAdeMO adaptor will become a great purchase at the low price of $450 as this rolls out!
Who needs the $2000 dual charger add-on for 20kW (but mostly 5-15kW implemented) when there are 25-50kW chargers around Ontario?!

Frugal people who don't want to pay high rates for energy when they can get it for free? Especially if you're staying overnight or at a destination doing something, then the difference in speed may be irrelevant.

Granted, if you're trying to go somewhere quickly outside of the Supercharger network, CHAdeMO could come in handy. It is yet to be seen whether there will be greater coverage with CHAdeMO than with Superchargers, and if so, for how long. (Promises from the Ontario government may or may not be better than promises from Tesla!) I know Tesla did not impress with the length of time it took to install the Superchargers which are there now, but I think in two to three years Tesla will get serious about installing Superchargers in Canada and the CHAdeMO adapter will become quite a niche object.