Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the fastest charging rate you guys have been getting?

I thought it was 0-80% in 30 minutes. Even with my car at about 20% I can never get less than 45-50 minutes to get to 80%?

I've never been able to top off above 500km/hr charging rate, and have never been able to see the kW go above 100

Feels like I got the short end of the stick?

I've really only typically supercharged on trips to the Falls at Grimsby!

Port Hope update...... Yeah it's a mess and it's blocked now on your navigation, but I spoke to Tesla support as I was right on the edge if I could make it home without stopping in Port hope. They told me it is all down with the exception of stall 4b as they have it for urgent use preferably. I stopped in as I needed 10 mins and yes its the only one working. The rest where taken apart and being dug up. Pics below
So if you need a little Boost 4b works and it was actually the fastest charge rate we had ever seen in Port hope..

Attachments

• IMG_20161102_2034269.jpg
    IMG_20161102_2034269.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20161102_2033279.jpg
    IMG_20161102_2033279.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20161102_2033148.jpg
    IMG_20161102_2033148.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20161102_2034204.jpg
    IMG_20161102_2034204.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20161102_2033371.jpg
    IMG_20161102_2033371.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 85
Port Hope update...... Yeah it's a mess and it's blocked now on your navigation, but I spoke to Tesla support as I was right on the edge if I could make it home without stopping in Port hope. They told me it is all down with the exception of stall 4b as they have it for urgent use preferably. I stopped in as I needed 10 mins and yes its the only one working. The rest where taken apart and being dug up. Pics below
So if you need a little Boost 4b works and it was actually the fastest charge rate we had ever seen in Port hope..

Dug up?! What the heck would be wrong with it that would require digging up the wiring?

Seriously WTF.. this seems like a pretty unprecedented issue. Thanks for the update.

not sure but I did look down in the hole and they had 3 out of the four conduit pipes broken open and wires cut in them all.
Sounds like the may have torn the insulation on the feeder cables, when they were pulled in. Water eventually gets in to the ducts.....and you get a slow burn, eventually tripping breakers/blowing fuses.(or worse). They may have to do another pull

I've never been able to top off above 500km/hr charging rate, and have never been able to see the kW go above 100

Feels like I got the short end of the stick?

My early 2013 S85 with A-pack battery is limited to 90 kW max. People were getting cars with newer packs capable of 120kW charging even before I received mine, so I think I got an even shorter stick than you!

The above notwithstanding, the max charge rate I've ever seen, when the battery was at about 20%, was about 75 kW. When my battery hits about 80% SOC, it has dropped to about 20 kW and goes down from there the closer I get to full. I supercharge quite a bit on road trips.

I had noticed some issues at the Barrie, ON supercharger over the weekend.

Personally I couldn't get the charger out of my charge port. It was legit stuck and I had to call Tesla support for some troubleshooting.

Then there was a guy who tried to
Charge his model S but couldn't seem to get any power from 4A and 4B.

I had noticed some issues at the Barrie, ON supercharger over the weekend.

Personally I couldn't get the charger out of my charge port. It was legit stuck and I had to call Tesla support for some troubleshooting.
What was the cause of the stuck handle? I assume you tried the obvious things (make sure car is unlocked, tap the "Unlock Charge Port" button). Did the port click and turn white when you pushed the button on the handle? Any time I've had a stuck handle (other than those obvious things), what I found worked was to hold the button down, PUSH the handle in hard, then pull hard. Pushing lets the internal catch release.

Port Hope is listed as "limited service" on the Tesla in-car navigation screen.

We charged on 1A at 80kW, which is reasonable, as I've only ever seen 88kW maximum a few times (mostly Barrie on weekends) in our early 2013 A-battery pack Model S. The 4B charger Tesla sign was lit up signalling it should be operational, but when I plugged in, there was no power. I moved to 1A and had no problems there.

In Kingston, we charged twice tonight (to show friends how it works) and both times we saw ~80kW from two different chargers, so no problems for us at this site. Well situated with the Hotel 100 meters away!

Port Hope is listed as "limited service" on the Tesla in-car navigation screen.

We charged on 1A at 80kW, which is reasonable, as I've only ever seen 88kW maximum a few times (mostly Barrie on weekends) in our early 2013 A-battery pack Model S. The 4B charger Tesla sign was lit up signalling it should be operational, but when I plugged in, there was no power. I moved to 1A and had no problems there.

In Kingston, we charged twice tonight (to show friends how it works) and both times we saw ~80kW from two different chargers, so no problems for us at this site. Well situated with the Hotel 100 meters away!
Thanks for the report. Fingers crossed, I will need to stop in for a small charge tomorrow.

Update.

Charged again tonight at Kingston and only got 28kW. Granted, the car had been sitting all day and was at 60% SOC, but still, that's really low compared to the 80kW we got when plugged in after our highway drive arriving from Port Hope.

A brand new face-lift Model S was two slots away and only getting 40kW tonight as well.

Interesting.