Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Atlantic Superstore in Woodstock NB has a large area fenced-off in the parking lot, adjacent to the road and right below the power line. No paint markings, and just a forklift inside the fencing at the moment. Could be something, might not be. I'm afraid I'm unlikely to be returning soon so I won't be able to follow-up.

Tim Horton's is just across the side-street, so that's convenient.

View attachment 187944
Sounds like the tail end of garden centre operations.

Update on Parry Sound from the weekend. I was speaking to one of the employees who said that they were doing the main tie-in on Tuesday (yesterday), and that they expected it operational within a week. I'm not sure that I believe that, but they're getting close in any case.

IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG

Reactions: Jaff
Does anyone have an update on Huntsville? I'm headed south tomorrow from Manitoulin Island and happy to swing over to Huntsville vs the 400 for a SC if there's any chance it could be operational tomorrow. Wishful thinking I know...Terrawoods was great on the way up so I have no prob stopping there again.

It appears that Huntsville is done but not operational yet. The crew has left after wrapping all chargers in plastic wrap. I'm guessing that the local utility just needs to do some testing so it should be soon. Latest pictures from yesterday are below.

Attachments

• 20160806_181730.jpg
    20160806_181730.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 20160806_181745.jpg
    20160806_181745.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 91
It appears that Huntsville is done but not operational yet. The crew has left after wrapping all chargers in plastic wrap. I'm guessing that the local utility just needs to do some testing so it should be soon. Latest pictures from yesterday are below.

Thanks for the update, this could definitely help my northern trip in 2 weeks.

Has anyone done Ottawa to Huntsville on a single charge with a decent buffer remaining?

Has anyone done Ottawa to Huntsville on a single charge with a decent buffer remaining?
That should be easy. I had driven our Sig from NW GTA to Ottawa (400 km via Hwy 7) a number of times. The distance from Huntsville to Ottawa is about 60 km less than that (and we have found that our 90D has at least 50 km greater range than the P85 Sig).

In warm weather should be doable. Keep an eye on the energy display. Keep your speed modest and make sure you have a backup plan.

About a month ago we had a 90D drive from our B&B in Huntsville to Ottawa, and they arrived with 120km range remaining. They took Highway 60 -> 417. Should have plenty of buffer!

Thanks for the info, Huntsville could be a good summer alternative until North Bay supercharger is built in order to travel to New Liskeard / Sudbury. First trip to New Liskeard I stopped in Petawawa & North Bay for 2.5hrs total of charging.

I drove by on Sunday as well. They do still have the paving to do to make it usable. The new pole is in and it looks like all the power is ready to go but the meter was not powered up. Any day now.

Reactions: Jaff
There's an inferno in progress on the elevated Metropolitan highway (A-40) in Montreal involving a tanker-truck. If structure of the highway is damaged, usefulness of the St-Laurent and Tesla Centre Superchargers for travel to and from the East may be impacted for months.

Edit: Where traffic is cut is near the Cremazie Metro, 8-10 km East of Tesla's locations,

I have a business with two 80amp HPWC located halfway between these two destinations. You would be welcome to a complimentary charge on your way to Huntsville. Just search Greystone on Golden Lake.

Regards,
Desmond

Attachments

• IMG_3248 2.JPG
    IMG_3248 2.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 72