Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try this for your cottage

Tesla UMC Extension Cord via Camco 50 AMP 30 PowerGrip - TESLARATI.com

I made my own but this looks way better.

I already own and carry a 50' 50 amp cord. Problem is, with the snow on the driveway I am often 400 - 500' away from the building.

- - - Updated - - -

Michael, I'd be interested to know what your rated km range is to get to Barrie from 400/407. I'm up the 400 extension towards Parry Sound and will need to drive about 206 km (one way) from door to door.

Well, I haven't clocked that leg, but I am typically very close to "rated" on the freeways around here in the summer. In the winter on longer trips, I have found the high initial consumption levels out to near summer values bringing the total trip in at about 15 to 20% higher. (short trips in the winter are killers).

206 km should be easily do-able assuming you can charge there.

I hate that feeling... Just arrived at the Toronto SC with 1km left! :scared:
It's ridiculous... 12h to drive from Montreal to Toronto, driving on the slow lane at 95km/h...
Tesla, please get Kingston up and running ASAP! Pleeeaaase!

1km left?!!!! Holy crap cakes. I've travelled to Florida and back and the lowest I got to was 29 coming up from Albany to Montreal. You're cutting it so close...

My first drive to Toronto in the Tesla took about 12 hours also and there was no SC in Cornwall. The drive back to 14 hours. This Kingston charger is starting to be legendary.

1km left?!!!! Holy crap cakes. I've travelled to Florida and back and the lowest I got to was 29 coming up from Albany to Montreal. You're cutting it so close...

Maybe I am the type of person that pushes the envelope a little to much. I have been on trips 3 times and hit zero. Two times with lest than a KM to go and once with 6KM to go. If the car is preforming as it should...why worry?

Maybe I am the type of person that pushes the envelope a little to much. I have been on trips 3 times and hit zero. Two times with lest than a KM to go and once with 6KM to go. If the car is preforming as it should...why worry?

Because one of these times you are going to hit an unexpected detour, unexpectedly bad weather, or other misadventure and get stranded!

I always maintain a 30 km safety margin, and have needed it a couple of times!

Because one of these times you are going to hit an unexpected detour, unexpectedly bad weather, or other misadventure and get stranded!

I always maintain a 30 km safety margin, and have needed it a couple of times!

I personally drove for about 14 km AFTER hitting the 0 mark without being obligated to pull over... I was averaging 208 wh/km (rainy late april at around 7 degrees...)

Anyone experienced a longer distance/kw used after a 0 mark?

add: I though stop the ventilation system (yep was a little bit foggy inside and kinda cold!)

I personally drove for about 14 km AFTER hitting the 0 mark without being obligated to pull over... I was averaging 208 wh/km (rainy late april at around 7 degrees...)

add: I though stop the ventilation system (yep was a little bit foggy inside and kinda cold!)

I have actually run out of power. I normally always use rated range, and for some reason I had it set to "ideal" which was a total mistake. 20km from my cottage, and after I hit zero, I traveled about 15km, 5km short. Your first notice on the screen is to stop and charge, the next warning is the heater turning off quickly followed by "pull over safely as the car is shutting down"

The car will coast to a stop, and your done. Had to call Roadside Assistance and they sent over a Flatbed. Wont be doing that again. Rule of thumb, always have a good buffer and use Rated Range.

Last edited:
The RAVE (Regroupement des amateurs de Véhicules Électriques) just posted a picture of Drummondville on their fb. https://www.facebook.com/ravelectrique

Apparently, no work has been done this week. At this point, you have to wonder if they'll restart before the construction worker holidays which run from December 21 to January 3rd.
However, some people think they are done until Spring.

What's the record for time spent in "Coming Soon" purgatory?

The most I've gone personally is about -15km (12.5 to the 20kW EVSE, which turned out to be offline, then another 2.5km to its slower cousin down the street).

I'd heard the "reserve tank" was about 30km worth, though DRK's experience doesn't fit with that.

I personally drove for about 14 km AFTER hitting the 0 mark without being obligated to pull over...

Mileage will vary - some people have reported getting NO range after 0; others have driven for over 20 km. You were really pushing it!

Why risk it? If you are coming that close to zero you should see it a long way off. If you had driven the entire trip 5 kph slower you would have had lots of extra range. Just slow down, or find someplace to top up.

Why risk it? If you are coming that close to zero you should see it a long way off. If you had driven the entire trip 5 kph slower you would have had lots of extra range.

Exactly.

I don't understand the difficulty some people are having with the concept of ZERO.

Maybe the estimate is off for your particular car in a particular circumstance and that saved your butt, but if you go beyond zero again and the car just stops, well - who will you blame?

I sure hope none of you fly airplanes.

So.... very disappointed to hear that Tesla has apparently abandoned even the intent to get get Barrie going this year/very early next. Apparently they've revised their plans and now intend to do Woodstock after Kingston, rather than Barrie. And I was told that "hopefully Barrie will be running by summer". :mad:

Unfortunately for me (from Sudbury) it means that all of Southern Ontario is practically inaccessible for the entire winter. I suppose it was naive to assume, when I ordered my car in early Sept, that Tesla would do as they planned. I do get that delays happen. But it is frustrating. It was the construction of that supercharger that kicked me over the edge to buy one of these things. Silly me.

Stuck in a northern cage until spring.