Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kithytom

Special Guest
Jul 30, 2021
F3V4+837
So after I hit Edit Design, changed wheel from 20" to 19", $2000 was taken off that's it. Does this mean Tesla is not changing the price to match current price when editing edsign???

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 14.21.55.png

I think this means your profile isn’t complete when you can access that. Therefore, you can edit with whatever the prices were when you placed the order. I had that for about two weeks, as the trade in option was not finished. Had a pending trade in awaiting approval and just clicked no trade in. Then my checklist of items was complete and it was gone.

Reactions: VegasMYP
It won’t change your price. My SA unlocked it by backing out the last step which was final payment. If you don’t have the option to edit it’s probably because you have completed all the steps. I changed from white to msm and price did not change.

Reactions: soumak
Nada the order agreement has the pricing in it. Can’t change the order agreement last minute. The only concern I had was it updated my order agreement date to 3/15 from 3/2. My EDD didn’t change at all though. Wife gave me all clear to add on FSD as well. I think it’s a good investment in the future. Tesla is going to raise the price of FSD again later this year im sure. That will probably move to 15k or more. We decided to get in on FSD now.

Reactions: Otter2007
I’ll wait to see if someone changed it and actually bought the car. Iv read that the price might change once you get the vin and you have to make final payment. Last person I’m going to trust is an SA.

The morning after the price change last week I made a change to my order. I added the white interior, and I kept the old pricing. I got my VIN on Monday, and sent a final payment for the old pricing. I did have to have the SA add it because I had completed my profile and it wouldn’t let me make a change anymore.

Reactions: Otter2007
The morning after the price change last week I made a change to my order. I added the white interior, and I kept the old pricing. I got my VIN on Monday, and sent a final payment for the old pricing. I did have to have the SA add it because I had completed my profile and it wouldn’t let me make a change anymore.
Interesting. What was your OD?

Just talked to my SA. He confirmed this policy changed about 1-2 week ago.
You can edit your design anytime as long as your VIN is not ready yet.
Price won't change and delivery date will go foward or backward.
Was thinking about this some more. What does “forward or backward” mean? Do you keep your original order date? I know in the past if you made a change it would change your order date. So if I ordered a MYLR on 2/26 and wanted to change it to a MYP now, OD would still be 2/26 and not 3/18 and I’d be grouped in with deliveries for orders from late February (hah, wishful thinking on being sequential, but I’m sure you know what I mean)?

When you guys say reach out to the sales advisor, is that just the person(s) through the text message? It has been the same guy a few times but I think I have gotten messages from others through that number. Or should I be talking to someone from a local service center?

So I'm curious about this as well. When I ordered on 10/5 I selected MYLR White on White Gemini. Now Silver is an offered free color. I'd definitely go to MSM if offered the opportunity to do so prior a VIN assignment and no change to price. I think it will look pretty nice in that color with a matched tint all the way around :)