Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just changed from MYLR last night, which had an EDD on June 12 - July 10, to MYP, and today my EDD is March 25 - April 8.

E5B1E23D-2D14-43B3-B830-65641A68DF18.jpeg

Reactions: ebNautilus
I’ll update the thread if my EDD changes, one concern is MYP in my config is already June 2022, so my MYLR EDD is not drastically different, I’m curious to know whether their algorithm takes into account the new modified OD or the original one, if the latter, I probably won’t see a big change in EDD. One motivation was I saw a ton of posts here of people ordering MYP a week or two ago and getting VIN in under a month. Sad to see.
My EDD moved up significantly, so it seems the algorithm takes into account your original OD when you make an order change.

Reactions: preilly44
These Vin assignments the next day stuff. That's gotta be location based... Anyone on the East Coast, even if they were assigned a vin, is going to have a 2 week lead time or more. I debated switching to MYP, but ultimately, that will make me spend $6K more and then another $2-3K on a second set of wheels for winter time here. This thread is the best marketing influence that Tesla could hope for. Without coming out and directly saying it, people are changing their orders, spending more money than they originally budgeted, so they could get a chance to get their car sooner. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, that Tesla's hive-mind marketing is amazingly good. It preys on peoples FOMO and does it by spending basically nothing.

I'm not going to lie, I've thought about changing my order to MYP just so I can have my car now, but then my logical rational side takes over and brings me back to where I am now.
Yes - in some ways it reminds me of the east coast camera 'dealers' that offer dirt cheap prices on SLR bodies but then charge you hundreds of dollars for the lens cap or battery, won't ship it unless you agree. Once you've committed to the main order, it's easier to sell you on upgrades to speed things up.

If you were on the fence about the P v LR, and planning to get the AB anyway, this became another chance to second guess the first decision. I decided I'd get more pleasure out of the 0-60 in the 3s than the 10% range the twice a year I do 400-500 mile road trips.

Don’t kid yourself. It’s NOT a free upgrade. If you originally picked a MYP, you would have paid more then your original order and been driving it already. You are just trying to justify spending more money
Yup. However a couple weeks ago I had slight regrets not picking the MYP originally because me being a car person and previously having a STi with built engine and now a NSX I would enjoy having a fast car. Plus the goodies like matrix lights and bigger brake calipers. I totally had to justify changing it. But now I can retire my daily months quicker and not have to ask myself if I should have paid $6k more to have gotten the MYP instead of MYLR. I was set on getting the acceleration boost too which would have made the difference even less. Already scheduled delivery which was way sooner than expected.

Just changed from MYLR last night, which had an EDD on June 12 - July 10, to MYP, and today my EDD is March 25 - April 8.
I wonder if the Performance will still be delivered with All Season tires in cooler climes as we begin to approach warmer weather? That would influence my decision/will influence my decision if they open up the edit function for old orders. I'd rather have the All Seasons than Summer tires

Reactions: JimMay
I wonder if the Performance will still be delivered with All Season tires in cooler climes as we begin to approach warmer weather? That would influence my decision/will influence my decision if they open up the edit function for old orders. I'd rather have the All Seasons than Summer tires
Just called Tesla and they said I should expect a VIN any minute now. Once I VIN, I'll update on specs. Like many, I would also prefer an AS and I'm hoping it's AS since Seattle is quite rainy most of the year.

Reactions: Silence88
So I had a September order 2021, looks like if I adjust my order at all I will be agreeing to the 30 day premium connectivity trial compared to my original one year premium connectivity, can anyone verify that?

Also, any other changes I may be missing before I adjust the color of my car?

So I had a September order 2021, looks like if I adjust my order at all I will be agreeing to the 30 day premium connectivity trial compared to my original one year premium connectivity, can anyone verify that?

Also, any other changes I may be missing before I adjust the color of my car?
Interesting thought, wonder if they revert to the current 30 day trial.

My SA confirmed AMD/Heated Wiper/AS tires for delivery in NJ