Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Changed our blue MYLR7 order to a MSM MYP yesterday. EDD changed yesterday from September to June, and this morning we got our first ever date range for this car, which is April 23-May 28. Original OD was 2/26.

Given that the current estimate for new MYP orders is June, I do think that it ends up being based off of your original order date, and not the date you made the change.

I'm glad you and others folks who have switched to MYP are getting your vehicles so quickly, but where are these MYPs coming from? Was there really no one in the area with that spec on order already? Who knows with Tesla.
My guess is that if the order is old enough, you jump to the front of the line. Especially if you’re west coast right now.

All these MYPs, the LR is going to be the rare model on the road :D. I would have been all over the MYP if my wife didn't insist on the 7 seat option. I bought wheels and plan to get acceleration boost so it would have been for not much more.
Look on the bright side, for everyone that switches to MYP, 1 less MYLR ahead of yours, and mine, in queue

To me, MYP are "queue skippers"... they jump to the front of an ever growing line.
I see MYP as a separate queue, especially as they‘ve had a shorter EDD since this backlog started (I think). Anyone who flips to MYP shortens MYLR queue a tiny bit. It doesn’t bother me. Popping FSD orders to the front of the line does bother me, but this is how Tesla has decided they want to roll.

Reactions: voxel and BGOwner
Funny how all of the LR+AB vs P “value” arguments have gotten thrown out the window now that people understand cash is king. That reservation isn’t saving you any money. If you had ordered a P in the first place, you’d be drivin it by now!