Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like Tesla would be incentivized to prioritize orders with having FSD added to MYLR than those that have switched from MYLR to MYP without FSD due to higher margins.

I just want my EDD to be updated to an earlier date without having to switch to the performance model

Reactions: advocate8
I feel like Tesla would be incentivized to prioritize orders with having FSD added to MYLR than those that have switched from MYLR to MYP without FSD due to higher margins.

I just want my EDD to be updated to an earlier date without having to switch to the performance model
I think it's that they have dedicated Lines to produce MY and they can pump these out without increasing production capacity. I really don't think they produce LR and P on the same production line. But hey, I could be wrong as I am just assuming.

I think it's that they have dedicated Lines to produce MY and they can pump these out without increasing production capacity. I really don't think they produce LR and P on the same production line. But hey, I could be wrong as I am just assuming.

MYLR and MYP are 98% the same - just a different rear motor, suspension pieces, wheels and brakes - nothing which would seem to require an entirely different production line.

I didn't go back and read through everything but my MYLR got pushed to January from August and I got the december price. Can I now upgrade to a MYP at the old price? Will it speed up delivery?
it will at least move it up to June. I don't know if LA is close enough to Fremont to jump the line, but those of us in the Bay Area apparently did to beat the Q1 close. I changed on Saturday afternoon (LR was scheduled for August, then October) and it was delivered to me an hour ago. I could have had it Monday, but I needed time to arrange the financing. (Tesla was 2.74, but BofA is 2.09 or 2.19 (60, 72) if you have preferred status.)

it will at least move it up to June. I don't know if LA is close enough to Fremont to jump the line, but those of us in the Bay Area apparently did to beat the Q1 close. I changed on Saturday afternoon (LR was scheduled for August, then October) and it was delivered to me an hour ago. I could have had it Monday, but I needed time to arrange the financing. (Tesla was 2.74, but BofA is 2.09 or 2.19 (60, 72) if you have preferred status.)
Which tires did you end up with?

My case is unusual. I can't really count my wait time from 02/08/21, but that is my order date. Short-ish story, I ordered a demo MY last February that I ended up canceling before they shipped it to my area. Tesla then started sending me VINs for new vehicles, but I told them I was in no rush and would wait for my spec to popup as a demo in my area or maybe look at a MYP. June'ish Tesla said they needed to cancel my order. I said fine, but they never actually cancelled it and I let it sit. Come last November I see how much the price increased and I figure I better take action to hold on to the order and I completed the financing. In December I got the accept a vehicle or else email/txt that went around at the time and told Tesla I'm game. A SA removed my uncompleted trade-in option then so I have a December profile completion date and my EDD is in line with a December completion. It is interesting to note that before this backlog got crazy I received a VIN without payment or trade-in info completed.
Thats awesome so you are locked in at $48,990 or $49,990 base price. You have me beat in my May 5th order!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Silence88
Thats awesome so you are locked in at $48,990 or $49,990 base price. You have me beat in my May 5th order!
Yup, $49,900 which is why even if Tesla unlocks our orders I probably won't switch to a MYP. The price difference between the two in February was just too great and I'd be paying for items I don't really want like the 21" wheels or the slightly lower and stiffer suspension. I might grab the white interior if I get the chance to though. Today I've already started my daily multiple checks of the edit link to see if they've modified it to allow older orders to be edited. No joy yet, but my EDD says I've got a few months left to wait and see if they do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BGOwner
I had no edit button, so corresponded with my SA about adding tow to my car, partially because I might want it and partially because any addition seems to move the EDD for a new order by several months in the right direction. However, he told me that adding it now could further delay my delivery. This is the last thing I'd want to happen, as my poor old Mini keeps throwing new codes and occasionally going into low power mode. Investing several thousand dollars to fix it just doesn't make sense as it can't be traded in or resold for even a couple thousand dollars.

I wonder if anyone has experience that suggests adding something to a LR order (not switching to P) actually results in an earlier delivery date.

I had no edit button, so corresponded with my SA about adding tow to my car, partially because I might want it and partially because any addition seems to move the EDD for a new order by several months in the right direction. However, he told me that adding it now could further delay my delivery. This is the last thing I'd want to happen, as my poor old Mini keeps throwing new codes and occasionally going into low power mode. Investing several thousand dollars to fix it just doesn't make sense as it can't be traded in or resold for even a couple thousand dollars.

I wonder if anyone has experience that suggests adding something to a LR order (not switching to P) actually results in an earlier delivery date.
I added tow to my LR by myself with that edit configuration link as my edit option is gone from my account and can confirm no change to estimated delivery date. I made the change a week ago and delivery is estimated as December. Same as my original order.

I

😱 I added FSD yesterday for the $10k and this morning my EDD updated from sept-Oct to March - April

• Love
Reactions: ebNautilus
After changing to MYP yesterday, my EDD jumped from 4/19-5/24 to 3/26-4/7. This makes me feel surprisingly good!! I haven’t received a VIN yet but being this close to EDD, did anyone have experience receiving VIN on the beginning date of the EDD?
I think you have a good chance of getting the car before the end of the month TBH. I have an appointment to pick up the car this Sunday and they have called me the last 2 days asking if I can come earlier. I think they're trying to get as many cars out as they can before 3/31.

Reactions: tonyzzz