Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how all of the LR+AB vs P “value” arguments have gotten thrown out the window now that people understand cash is king. That reservation isn’t saving you any money. If you had ordered a P in the first place, you’d be drivin it by now!
I think the AMD chip is a pretty big upgrade though, so I'm glad I waited. At that time I reserved (late Sept), I thought about the Performance, but actually didn't want the car in 2021 because of the rebate possibly coming back.

Funny how all of the LR+AB vs P “value” arguments have gotten thrown out the window now that people understand cash is king. That reservation isn’t saving you any money. If you had ordered a P in the first place, you’d be drivin it by now!
For $6k difference there’s not really value arguments since after $2k for the AB it’s now a $4k difference. And $4k for bigger calipers and matrix lights along with even more power than AB makes it worth getting the P.

I switched to get a car sooner and I had slight regrets not reserving a MYP initially anyways. And the AMD is a plus.

Reactions: TXDawg
Still a big value for me since it was a $10k price difference between LR and P when I bought. Even adding AB and induction wheels still $6k less. I kind of wish I passed on the inductions and just bought a pair of 20 inch Tsportline wheels and either kept the Gemini as a backup set or sold them.

I switched our order last Friday from MLR->MYP original order date was 11/8 with an ever changing but last delivery date of May 17->June 28th. Today my EDD changed to March 26->April 7th.
Ooooof! This is really making me think I should do this. I wish my SA could tell me for sure my EDD wouldn't go backwards.. I actually wish my SA would just tell me anything, he's pretty worthless and never answers any of my questions.

Still a big value for me since it was a $10k price difference between LR and P when I bought. Even adding AB and induction wheels still $6k less. I kind of wish I passed on the inductions and just bought a pair of 20 inch Tsportline wheels and either kept the Gemini as a backup set or sold them.
My comment was more for the AB folks who try to justify buying LR over P from an acceleration perspective. If you think about that $6k delta though, every $1k doesn’t move the needle that much either way, especially for the benefits of getting what you really want the first time. Case in point, Full PPF.

I visited a local SA today, and confirmed the details of what's possible.

You need your order to be in a state prior to completing the financing section. If you already have financing set up, have an SA remove it. That will cause the "edit order" option to appear from the website.

Edit to taste - you are picking from the options as they existed on the day you ordered (and at that day's price, so yes you could get FSD for cheaper).

Once done editing, it's strongly suggested to go ahead and at least click "accept" on a cash-only financing option so the EDD system doesn't toss you to the rear of the queue - it does that with non-finalized orders. You want yours to appear to remain in the ready-to-go state. You can always re-apply for financing as you get towards delivery.

Final nugget - it looks like Tesla financing is likely to go up on April 1st. Lock on March 31 if that matters to ya.

Reactions: JimMay
I visited a local SA today, and confirmed the details of what's possible.

You need your order to be in a state prior to completing the financing section. If you already have financing set up, have an SA remove it. That will cause the "edit order" option to appear from the website.

Edit to taste - you are picking from the options as they existed on the day you ordered (and at that day's price, so yes you could get FSD for cheaper).

Once done editing, it's strongly suggested to go ahead and at least click "accept" on a cash-only financing option so the EDD system doesn't toss you to the rear of the queue - it does that with non-finalized orders. You want yours to appear to remain in the ready-to-go state. You can always re-apply for financing as you get towards delivery.

Final nugget - it looks like Tesla financing is likely to go up on April 1st. Lock on March 31 if that matters to ya.
What if your order was prior to August 1st, can you still open it up for edits?

What if your order was prior to August 1st, can you still open it up for edits?

It appears any pending order can be modified if you back it out to the state prior to setting financing. You will get the prices and options as they existed on the date of the order (which for example would mean no discount on MSM paint despite that now being a zero-cost option today).

If you have a VIN, all bets are off.

Hmm, will probably need to set a reminder to apply for financing the end of this month then.
Yeah they started asking to schedule delivery and I didn’t have any financing set up at the time since I didn’t expect to just randomly get a VIN matched in a couple hours. SA called today to let me know the car was already at the lot for pickup. Things moved super fast. EOQ push really means EOQ push lol!

Reactions: oghowie
So.. what's the consensus? If I were to change my 11/3 LR order to P.. will I move to the back of the P line, or towards the front? Are those moving to the front just because they're EOQ orders and in Cali? Since they switched to AS tires, I've been sad I didn't order the P, the summer tires were what scared me away.

So.. what's the consensus? If I were to change my 11/3 LR order to P.. will I move to the back of the P line, or towards the front? Are those moving to the front just because they're EOQ orders and in Cali? Since they switched to AS tires, I've been sad I didn't order the P, the summer tires were what scared me away.
My GUESS is that you go to the back of the P line and these few here who got VINs so quickly lucked out with EOQ order fulfillment priority and in Cali as you suggest.

Reactions: BGOwner
When I switched (OD was 2/26, switched on 3/21), my date moved to April-May, which I think is the general timeframe for my OD. I’m in NY, so EOQ doesn’t play a factor for me. Though, if your OD is 11/3, I suspect you’d get moved to the front or near to the front of the line.

Reactions: Silence88
I did this, and you get moved to where you would've been at in the MYP queue, had you ordered the MYP in the first place.

• Informative
Reactions: Silence88