Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the edit design trick to work and I was all set to upgrade to MYP... and I had my pricing wrong.

Since MYP is a $5k premium now, I assumed my price would go from $54,990 to $59,990... but in reality it's $61,990. I didn't realize that the price increases were not equal between MYLR and MYP.

You get access to the exact pricing which was available on the day your order was originally placed. It doesn't care what today's MYP premium is - you simply have the option to order one at the price back when you placed the order.

New strategy for Tesla to make money. Hold orders until they upgrade to a P and then deliver right away. Funny how they give P VINs so fast to existing orders. I can understand due to original order date they jump the line but still, wow that is fast. I am now 6 weeks from current EDD and 1 week past my original EDD, so going to wait it out. Still prefer the MYLR to the performance, for me.
I'm right there with you on waiting it out, sticking with MYLR, and order date (8/31). My EDD has been sitting at April 25-May 23 for the last few weeks. A couple weeks ago I received a text from Tesla asking if I still wanted delivery - I replied yes and haven't heard a thing since.

I'm in a suburb of Milwaukee and have to take delivery in Illinois. Perhaps ours will be delivered on the same truck.

I'm right there with you on waiting it out, sticking with MYLR, and order date (8/31). My EDD has been sitting at April 25-May 23 for the last few weeks. A couple weeks ago I received a text from Tesla asking if I still wanted delivery - I replied yes and haven't heard a thing since.

I'm in a suburb of Milwaukee and have to take delivery in Illinois. Perhaps ours will be delivered on the same truck.
I hope. My DC is Highland Park. If your in Milwaukee, I assume you have Highland Park also. What is your config?

Are there no Delivery Centers in WI? Here's hoping to light Chicago traffic when you go to pick up!

Hoping that Tesla allows Canadians to make changes to our orders and keep pricing from our original order dates. I have learned through this process that I don't have the patients to wait for a MYLR, but I am also too cheap to pay the new price for a MYP
100% agree, but we always get the short end of the stick for something like this.
If they were going to implement this policy, they would have done it on the same day as US.
I am afraid we may never see this happening here.

For anyone wondering if changing your paint color will impact your EDD:

I have a MYLR7 with Induction wheels, OD of 10/19/21. I switched from Black to MSM (both $1,000 at the time of my order). I used the edit design feature to make that change, and after about 36hrs I got an updated EDD. Went from "May 28th - June 28th" to "June 24th - August 5th". So yes, changing just the paint color, in my case, somehow pushed me back a full month. Pretty goofy considering it's just a color and it's no cost change, but now those who are curious have an anecdotal answer from my experience. I'm in the Midwest (Wisconsin) for those curious on what region.

Hoping that Tesla allows Canadians to make changes to our orders and keep pricing from our original order dates. I have learned through this process that I don't have the patients to wait for a MYLR, but I am also too cheap to pay the new price for a MYP
Especially since I bet there’s a net direction toward higher prices. They’re missing out on higher ticket prices.

Guys: You have to remove any payment-info on your order to open it to new edits. An SA can do this for you.

Secondly: After editing, you want to enter back in your payment info (or just move to cash) so that the order does not get tossed (temporarily) to the back of the line. The line-re-orderer seems to run nightly.

These two things should help several cases above.