Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have any problem with prioritizing higher profit vehicles but if their EDD for MYLR reservations like yours get pushed back 8-10 months...that is scummy. At some point they have to stop pushing MYP orders to the front of the line and actually fulfill existing LR orders.
Agreed, at some point people need to stop jumping through hoops for Tesla. That's the only way they will change their ways. They aren't the underdog company anymore and they definitely aren't the customer focused company they were when they started.

I ordered in September and I would have ordered a MYP if I could swap out the wheels. I don't like the cost of replacement tires and loss of range from tjhe 21" wheels. I went with the LR expecting to take delivery no later then February . After 6 Months waiting my EDD was still 3 months out .

I have have already found some 19" rims that look like the 21". I haven't decided if I am going to sell the 21" or just keep them as another set ( I really hate dealing with people on high value items).

Thanks Nguyen - it is 61990-
For everyone changing your orders from LR to P, why didn't you just order the P from the start? Is it just for the quicker delivery times? If so, you could have just ordered it from the beginning and would have already had it as P versions always had quicker delivery timeframes. If you think about it, it's just a really good mental game Tesla is playing with folks to get them to shell out more. As a consumer you think you're getting something for cheaper since the prices changed and you can upgrade to a P for the cost of a current LR. In CA at least, upgrading to a P gets you an EOQ delivery. But, ultimately you're paying more than you would if you just stuck with the LR and actually getting it later than if you had just ordered from the start.
It’s absolutely a mental game. Even though MYP was the same price in October as when I upgraded a few days ago, the fact that my MYP order is $1000 cheaper than a new customers MYLR today creates a higher perceived value of the MYP upgrade in my mind. It seems like a better deal now despite being the same price. I recognize the irrationality here, but it didn’t stop me from wanting a “deal” on a MYP. If I were a completely rational consumer I would have bought a used Chevy Bolt.

The second part is that despite having an EDD in April-May, I’m not convinced that I would have gotten my base MYLR any time in the next few months. It seems like Tesla has no interest in actually making the cheapest MYLR variant.

Suppose to start next week on 4/7. Not sure what version though.
much as we saw Tesla boost the Q1 final numbers by favoring nearby destinations to Fremont, focusing on in state customers for the Texas launch is sensible as they work through any initial deficiencies and in training up.

Or this could all be like the daily attempt to explain why the stock market went up or down.

much as we saw Tesla boost the Q1 final numbers by favoring nearby destinations to Fremont, focusing on in state customers for the Texas launch is sensible as they work through any initial deficiencies and in training up.

Or this could all be like the daily attempt to explain why the stock market went up or down.
Its actually easier to ship to adjacent states since the cars need to leave the state anyway.

Reactions: blinkme323
I am with you, open it up!

Yeah that'd be nice, but it makes no economic sense for Tesla. They have a backlog running all the way to 2023 for making these cars. They have finite factory capacity. They can either sell one at $48k with a few options to someone who expressed interest a year ago, or make the exact same car and sell it for $58k right here, right now.

We're lucky that they have mostly honored older reservations at original prices. I don't think they are obligated to do anything more than deliver what was ordered at the original price. It's nice that they are allowing fairly recent orders to be adjusted a bit... But to pretend they're doing that to make more profit? Nah

Reactions: ebNautilus
Actually everyone from Elon to Ives said they’d deliver vehicles to customers in Q1.

Now it is possible that they delivered them to their employees in Q1 which still technically would fall under customer deliveries

If those cars are all non-LR/P then they wouldn't have been sold to anyone outside the company yet since they haven't even been officially listed for sale yet.

Yeah that'd be nice, but it makes no economic sense for Tesla. They have a backlog running all the way to 2023 for making these cars. They have finite factory capacity. They can either sell one at $48k with a few options to someone who expressed interest a year ago, or make the exact same car and sell it for $58k right here, right now.

We're lucky that they have mostly honored older reservations at original prices. I don't think they are obligated to do anything more than deliver what was ordered at the original price. It's nice that they are allowing fairly recent orders to be adjusted a bit... But to pretend they're doing that to make more profit? Nah
However, as supply chain costs go up, those $48,000 orders become less and less profitable so it’s better to move them out now so they don’t look really bad in a year when it costs them 50% more to build.