Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my payment reset but could not make any changes. My order was from 2020 and I took it off hold in Oct of 2021 so no possibility of making any changes other than FSD of course.
My SA said kept on telling me to use the non existent "edit design" button after resetting my finances and trade-in multiple times. Eventually they just had me tell them what changes i want and did it manually themselves. My OD was 7/2021 so they can make changes and keep OD pricing manually for orders before Aug 2021.

My SA said kept on telling me to use the non existent "edit design" button after resetting my finances and trade-in multiple times. Eventually they just had me tell them what changes i want and did it manually themselves. My OD was 7/2021 so they can make changes and keep OD pricing manually for orders before Aug 2021.
Technically you are not suppose to be able to change your config unless you ordered on or after 8/1/2021. Did they actually make the change? I think you have an equal chance of them giving you current pricing since they obviusly don't know what they are doing.

Reactions: BGOwner
Yep, the change went through on Fri and i kept my 53k base pricing. The SA did say at first that my price would update to current per policy. I mentioned that the policy recently changed from what i heard and 10 mins later i got a message saying apologizing and confirming that policy did recently change. Told her to drop my tow package and upgrade to Inductions and she said she would put the order change in. My order updated within minutes but did show a new OD for that day but my pricing was the same as before in July 2021.

Yep, the change went through on Fri and i kept my 53k base pricing. The SA did say at first that my price would update to current per policy. I mentioned that the policy recently changed from what i heard and 10 mins later i got a message saying apologizing and confirming that policy did recently change. Told her to drop my tow package and upgrade to Inductions and she said she would put the order change in. My order updated within minutes but did show a new OD for that day but my pricing was the same as before in July 2021.
I am thinking about upgrade to MYP too.
My current base price is 53800. What is MYP base would be? OD is 10/15 Thanks

Reactions: preilly44
For everyone changing your orders from LR to P, why didn't you just order the P from the start? Is it just for the quicker delivery times? If so, you could have just ordered it from the beginning and would have already had it as P versions always had quicker delivery timeframes. If you think about it, it's just a really good mental game Tesla is playing with folks to get them to shell out more. As a consumer you think you're getting something for cheaper since the prices changed and you can upgrade to a P for the cost of a current LR. In CA at least, upgrading to a P gets you an EOQ delivery. But, ultimately you're paying more than you would if you just stuck with the LR and actually getting it later than if you had just ordered from the start.

Reactions: Suns
For everyone changing your orders from LR to P, why didn't you just order the P from the start? Is it just for the quicker delivery times? If so, you could have just ordered it from the beginning and would have already had it as P versions always had quicker delivery timeframes. If you think about it, it's just a really good mental game Tesla is playing with folks to get them to shell out more. As a consumer you think you're getting something for cheaper since the prices changed and you can upgrade to a P for the cost of a current LR. In CA at least, upgrading to a P gets you an EOQ delivery. But, ultimately you're paying more than you would if you just stuck with the LR and actually getting it later than if you had just ordered from the start.
I ordered on 3/2/22 and actually would still not have my P if ordered it originally. The price difference is not really that large and you get more (matrix headlights, bigger calipers, aluminum pedals). Actually don’t want the 21inch wheels though, and wish we could select geminis.Anyhow, a sooner delivery by 6 months justifies the extra cost in my book.

Didn't want a P and "settling" for a P.

When I ordered MYLR in September, estimated delivery was January 2022. Tesla's EDD shenanigans and latest bump to my EDD to AUG-OCT 2022 (one year after order date!) was the last straw.

Changed to MYP less than a week ago and it is being delivered this afternoon.

Complete shenanigans on Tesla's part to prioritize higher $$$ cars over the "base" MYLRs but there are people lined up to purchase into 2023 so can't really blame them. Especially seeing how other brands are adding $$$ as "market adjustments" to MSRP if they even have cars to sell whereas Tesla honored the MSRP pricing to change to MYP as of my original September order date (saving a few $ compared to a new order today)...

I ordered on 3/2/22 and actually would still not have my P if ordered it originally. The price difference is not really that large and you get more (matrix headlights, bigger calipers, aluminum pedals). Actually don’t want the 21inch wheels though, and wish we could select geminis.Anyhow, a sooner delivery by 6 months justifies the extra cost in my book.
I guess if you ordered recently the price difference isn't that large. I was more asking for those who ordered last fall. I ordered my LR in October 2021 for a base of $54,990 and the Performance was $62,990 I think. So those paying $8k more for a performance now is a lot of money to move up in line. The difference is a different motor, matrix lights and different suspension. The bigger brakes don't come in to play with regen braking as much, bigger wheels, like you stated are being taken off immediately by a lot of folks and the aluminum pedals can be bought for $18 aftermarket on Amazon.

When I ordered MYLR in September, estimated delivery was January 2022. Tesla's EDD shenanigans and latest bump to my EDD to AUG-OCT 2022 (one year after order date!) was the last straw.

Complete shenanigans on Tesla's part to prioritize higher $$$ cars over the "base" MYLRs but there are people lined up to purchase into 2023 so can't really blame them. Especially seeing how other brands are adding $$$ as "market adjustments" to MSRP if they even have cars to sell whereas Tesla honored the MSRP pricing to change to MYP as of my original September order date (saving a few $ compared to a new order today)...
Tesla has added market adjustments, just like every other brand. Just look at their pricing from January 2021 - current. Tesla doesn't have cars to sell either, hence the waiting game.
Tesla out of the kindness of their hearts opens up the option to change your order coincidentally at EOQ, and keeps pricing from the time you originally ordered. This allows people to spend more money by upgrading color choices, wheels, seats, interior color or even models from LR to P. Sure some may downgrade, but I think we all know the house always wins when it comes to gambling.

Your last sentence just proved my point that Tesla is playing a very smart brain game with customers who already ordered to get them to upgrade and spend more money.
"Tesla honored the MSRP pricing to change to MYP as of my original September order date (saving a few $ compared to a new order today)...".
You do realize that you're spending a few thousand more than you would if you stuck with your original LR order. There's no money being saved here. They were able to squeeze more money from you because they made you feel like you're getting a good deal. lol

Reactions: BGOwner

I don't have any problem with prioritizing higher profit vehicles but if their EDD for MYLR reservations like yours get pushed back 8-10 months...that is scummy. At some point they have to stop pushing MYP orders to the front of the line and actually fulfill existing LR orders.

Reactions: EVDRVN