Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ellensburg, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove Bellevue to Spokane and back over the weekend. Requires a stop in Ellensburg unfortunately. All 5 stalls full with a 1-3 car wait both times I was there. Cle Elum would be fantastic, especially at Pioneer coffee!
Ugh, this is not sounding good. I have been keeping up with the updates on Ellensburg and Issaquah, because I really hope to be able to skip Ellensburg on my Seattle trip late this month. I am bringing a friend back who has not had a Tesla road trip, so I don't want a bad E-burg experience to be the lasting impression.

Ugh, this is not sounding good. I have been keeping up with the updates on Ellensburg and Issaquah, because I really hope to be able to skip Ellensburg on my Seattle trip late this month. I am bringing a friend back who has not had a Tesla road trip, so I don't want a bad E-burg experience to be the lasting impression.
As I mentioned up the thread, best times are probably 9am-12pm. Definitely high use from 12-3pm, so try to miss that time. I’m not sure about a dinner rush, but I’ve never had a problem except early morning ICEing (7-9am) and lunch charging (12-2pm). I’ve never tried off hours. But I’d guess it’s fine after 5pm (except potential ICEing by late arriving hotel guests).

As I mentioned up the thread, best times are probably 9am-12pm. Definitely high use from 12-3pm, so try to miss that time. I’m not sure about a dinner rush, but I’ve never had a problem except early morning ICEing (7-9am) and lunch charging (12-2pm). I’ve never tried off hours. But I’d guess it’s fine after 5pm (except potential ICEing by late arriving hotel guests).
Dinner time is busy too. With a CHAdeMO adapter there are some additional spots to charge, plus better restaurants.

Reactions: MikeBur
For I-90 travel, it would be very nice if they put a SuperCharger in Moses Lake. Then most of us could just skip Ellensburg and have a faster charge from a lower SoC. (And without hypermiling to get to Ritzville)

I think both Moses Lake and Cle Elum are no brainers. Cle Elum because of the number of round-trips people do to the Cle Elum area (while having enough range to do things) And Moses Lake for 1 stop top Spokane/Couer d'Alene

For I-90 travel, it would be very nice if they put a SuperCharger in Moses Lake. Then most of us could just skip Ellensburg and have a faster charge from a lower SoC. (And without hypermiling to get to Ritzville)
Sounds good to me! BTW, all full at 11:30 Saturday with several ins and outs while I was there. Unfortunately I’m going off the SC network and needed 100% to make my Destination. Something closer to SeaTac would have helped. Issaquah adds a few miles out of the way otherwise I’d check its status.

We hit Ellensburg twice this weekend, once on Friday eastbound, and then on Saturday evening heading back home. At about 12:15pm on Friday there were two spots available when we arrived, and things were okay. On the return on Saturday though all stalls were full and the two cars on the end stalls (don't have the numbers) were saying that neither one was working. We ended up eating dinner at the Palace and charging there for an hour or so, enough to get home.

I cannot wait for the expansion here, as five stalls leaves no margin for maintenance issues.

Almost full at 10am today and still having fault on 3A. Possible good news: the restaurant (Ranch House??) right on the west bound exit has now been demolished and may be under full reconstruction. There was no Tesla specific equipment, but..... we can hope. Keep an eye on this.

Faults on BOTH 2A and 2B, multiple vehicles.
All full otherwise and one waiting. It will be a tough Thanksgiving weekend. Go through Leavenworth or fill at Issaquah.

I think I've found the new Ellensburg supercharger location! Didn't snap any photos, which I now regret, but it appears as though the Taco Bell just down the street from the existing Ellensburg SC is having spaces near the entrance converted over.

You can currently see where it appears the electrical has been trenched in from the street and spray paint marking how they need to jackhammer away the asphalt to route electrical conduit and put in curbing for the chargers.

Someone else check it and let us know if I'm correct on this one.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and ReddyLeaf
I think I've found the new Ellensburg supercharger location! Didn't snap any photos, which I now regret, but it appears as though the Taco Bell just down the street from the existing Ellensburg SC is having spaces near the entrance converted over.

You can currently see where it appears the electrical has been trenched in from the street and spray paint marking how they need to jackhammer away the asphalt to route electrical conduit and put in curbing for the chargers.

Someone else check it and let us know if I'm correct on this one.
I’ll check that ASAP (well, on my return trip tomorrow).