Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like some people are interpreting "early beta releases" as in the FSD Beta program overall, but he's probably referring specifically to the ".0" releases that typically have only gone to employees recently. Do we know if any pre-safety-score testers got 10.11.0 or 10.12.0? If not, it sounds like this group was specially added for 10.69(.0) maybe with some actual complaining/asking:

I suppose we'll see if this group gets another FSD Beta version at the same time as employees going forwards.
If this is specifically about the 10.69 release versus 10.69.1 and 10.69.2, are we thinking Elon's saying Locke's issues will be solved with the point updates? We should create some accountability here if that doesn't become reality.

Pretty amusing watching the narrative change from selling software based on promised functionality that is half a decade behind schedule to "Don't complain about issues not being fixed in early Beta testing"

If people have specifically requested access to the early releases lately, like 10.69 going out to what appears to be a select group of YouTube testers, I could see Elon being perturbed that one of those people is voicing complaints on Twitter and creating a wrinkle in the marketing tweetstorm that has been unleased after this update.

Don't forget that you can easily add FSD through your Tesla account and you'll soon need to pay more for software that you likely can't access and shouldn't complain about!

• Love
Reactions: 2101Guy
Perhaps but I think Elon still could have handled it better. I think a better response would have been something like "thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback to heart. The team did amazing work with 10.69. We know there is still more work to be done and the Team is working very hard to improve FSD every day"
Or just don’t reply.

Now it comes across as trying to censor criticism.

Perhaps but I think Elon still could have handled it better. I think a better response would have been something like "thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback to heart. The team did amazing work with 10.69. We know there is still more work to be done and the Team is working very hard to improve FSD every day"
I understand both sides. I guess Elon feels like the team busted its ass to improve FSD but it wasn't appreciated and he just vented but yeah, he could have phrased it nicer. But hey, in the heat of the moment and out of frustration maybe, he let it fly! He's human too or is he part cyborg? LOL

Reactions: jiehan
I disagree with it it being a bad look. I think Elon was referring to the complaint about working on chucks left turn, I think that’s a reasonable response….
Regardless Elon needs to be a better representative of Tesla and chose his words more carefully. It was an impulse response and that may be fine for us nobodies on the Internet but Elon is the public face and representative of Tesla. If he felt so passionate he should have sent a direct email instead of a pubic flogging. Remember when POWERFUL people with a rabid following chastise you on Tweeter it could even put you in danger.

EDIT: Just to add while not true danger someone might key his car over this. Now that is WRONG.

Last edited:
yup, same here, but it depends on the radius of the round-about. Near my home it is a disaster even at 5 mph. Red hands of death appear. But in other areas of Sparks/Reno, it can negotiate fine with a large radius round-about. I get back home tomorrow, so I'll get an opportunity to try 69 on the ones near home. Hoping for the best. From what I hear, it should be fine, but I prefer to verify for myself.
I got the Red Wheel of Death after entering into the Roundabout, like where the grey car is located in this picture:

Anacortes WA .jpg

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I understand both sides. I guess Elon feels like the team busted its ass to improve FSD but it wasn't appreciated
Kinda hard for most people to appreciate promised functionality being YEARS behind the CEO's repeated promised timelines, no?
Customers dont care how hard the software engineers are working now....they are YEARS late

a;Regardless Elon needs to be a better representative of Tesla and chose his words more carefully. It was an impulse response and that may be fine for us nobodies on the Internet but Elon is the public face and representative of Tesla. If he felt so passionate he should have sent a direct email instead of a pubic flogging. Remember when POWERFUL people with a rabid following chastise you on Tweeter it could even put you in danger.

EDIT: Just to add while not true danger someone might key his car over this. Now that is WRONG.
we are talking about the same guy who was fined millions by the SEC simply because he couldnt hold back a tweet.
Same guy who said SEC stands for suck elons cock
Same guy who offered $54.20 so he could get the 420 reference in.

Cant forget the maturity level of who we are talking about here

Regardless Elon needs to be a better representative of Tesla and chose his words more carefully. It was an impulse response and that may be fine for us nobodies on the Internet but Elon is the public face and representative of Tesla. If he felt so passionate he should have sent a direct email instead of a pubic flogging. Remember when POWERFUL people with a rabid following chastise you on Tweeter it could even put you in danger.

I guess that’s the risk you take when you decide to go on Twitter. Grown up choices everyone. There are consequences for everyone. Consider me nonplussed about your argument that Elon is responsible for the evilness of others.

In that case, I think there's a disconnect. James seems to be commenting on FSDb as a whole, while Elon is talking about this early beta release in particular. Both have valid points in their own context. BUT, seeing as how Elon seemingly misconstrued his words, AND that his retort was blunt and uncalled for, I still think he should apologize.

On the other hand - yay for another public social media spat? 😒

I got the Red Wheel of Death after entering into the Roundabout, like where the grey car is located in this picture:

View attachment 844566
I've driven similar roundabouts many times and had very inconsistent results. Sometimes it handles the roundabout perfectly, other times it stops and hesitates and inordinately long time at the yield to enter, despite there being no traffic. Not infrequently it will slow down for someone approaching from the right even though it has the right of way. I've had red wheel panics but never in a roundabout. They seem to be a idiosyncratic bug of 10.12 so I'm not sure that it's the roundabout per se that's causing it.

I actually disagree with you and agree with Elon. Like he said, the poster specifically asked to be one of the early beta testers and then turns around and complains about it. I'd be annoyed, too.
Yeah except we're not talking about some special behavior that is tied to this being an early release or that just emerged and needs to be smoothed before point updates go out.

James is talking about issues that have existed for a long time and will assumedly exist after 10.69.1 and 10.69.2 roll out, until proven otherwise.

Elon is upset because he requested access to this and is now breaking rank

Reactions: Andy O
Yeah except we're not talking about some special behavior that is tied to this being an early release or that just emerged and needs to be smoothed before point updates go out.

James is talking about issues that have existed for a long time and will assumedly exist after 10.69.1 and 10.69.2 roll out, until proven otherwise.

Elon is upset because he requested access to this and is now breaking rank
I think it was more because it was an insult.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I think it was more because it was an insult.
I think it's because Elon is engaged in a planned aggressive Twitter-based marketing campaign and one of the prominent YouTube Beta testers who requested access is publicly complaining that some things still aren't fixed and almost certainly won't be fixed with the point updates. Maybe that will prove false, but point updates generally address new bad behavior and not bad stuff that has existed since the dawn of time.

If he could have had these non-employee testers sign an NDA for the early access without potentially drawing the NHTSA's ire, I imagine they would have

Reactions: momo3605
I actually disagree with you and agree with Elon. Like he said, the poster specifically asked to be one of the early beta testers and then turns around and complains about it. I'd be annoyed, too.

I hear you and I might be naive but I thought the point of the beta was to provide feedback. Seems like Elon is upset James didn’t Whole Mars it up for him…