Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: Model X Q2 Production 1,000 per week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon doesn't make anything up. He is, however, sometimes overly enthusiastic about what can be done and on what timeline, and sometimes may even be wrong.

The stock price is quite volatile and bounces quite a bit. There's money to be made there, if you have money to invest and carefully pick the buy and sell points. You just have to have faith that the company won't go belly up, which isn't too hard when you recognize the passion, commitment, and talent they have.

He always give a timeline as he sees how HE could do it but unfortunately this is a complex endeavor that needs many others to meet the same very optimistic schedule. There are tens if not hundreds of suppliers and their subcontractors. Not everyone shares his enthusiasm and is able or willing to work as hard as he does. If you read the early days SpaceX history his biggest challenge was to push suppliers to his aggressive and sometimes impossible schedule which ended up they are doing many or most of parts in house themselves. Exactly same things are happenning now such as the seat component that Tesla said they are making in house now after long delay due to supplier issues.

I also agree with you that I have great faith in Tesla's long term success. Elon has achieved everything he said he would do and more albeit at a delayed schedule. A little set back on meeting an aggressive schedule at this point would not hurt the company that much, other than the short term stock price which I couldn't care less, long as it maintains the large lead over competitors which they still do at this point. Consumers and the market will forget everything in another few months when people start to see what kind of amazing new cars are flowing out of the factory in large volumes.

Click on the name of someone whose posting history you find offensive.
Choose the option to 'View Profile'.
Click the link that reads 'Add to Ignore List' that appears on the left.
You will be taken to a confirmation screen that asks "Are you sure you want to add [SOME DUDE] to your ignore list?"
Choose the YES button that appears on the right.
Done!

A BIG thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

some of the Tesla fans just simply ignore the facts and blindly worship Elon Musk,
There are only two facts in this world: taxes and death.
Everything else is an opinion pulled out of behind, smelling accordingly.

I look at it this way... If Tesla Motors finishes Q1 2016 at 1,000 units of Model X per week... And only 60% of those reach US Customers... That means the Model X will sell over 21,600 units here this year. That will be enough beat Volvo XC90, Porsche Cayenne, and AUDI Q7 in annual sales here. It will approach Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class sales, and finish no less than second place in class. Personally, I would not be surprised if 80% of Model X buyers are US Customers this calendar year.

Patience. All we can do is wait. If people don't like it, they can vote with their money. It seems, rather, that most people just want to vent and throw their toys around, but few are leaving the sandbox.
+42! A perfect analogy.

@dotor, your #12 gigafactory employment numbers isn't correct. Tesla is achieving the legal requirements for the tax abatements. What they aren't hitting are numbers that the local governments put out in press releases. It was the politicians that put out the rosier numbers, but Tesla never agreed to those numbers. So #12 was politician exaggerations, not Elon.

@dotor, your #12 gigafactory employment numbers isn't correct. Tesla is achieving the legal requirements for the tax abatements. What they aren't hitting are numbers that the local governments put out in press releases. It was the politicians that put out the rosier numbers, but Tesla never agreed to those numbers. So #12 was politician exaggerations, not Elon.

The numbers the local government are trying to compare were estimates for a $11billion investment. As Tesla and Panasonic are not even close to that so obviously they will be lower at this time.

So his views are biased and skewed towards the negative.
What if one is long? Does that also make views biased?
Exactly. Just switch negative to positive and this statement applies to 99% of the posts in this thread.

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions and even throwing out some hazy facts. I am not going to base any action on anyone's words but it will make me investigate the positives and negatives more closely, where I might not have, had neither posts been exposed to me.

He also tends to engage in overdesign and does not respect people's investments in his products - by rev'ing them so quickly and so often he routinely accelerates depreciation of his customer's capital purchases

Heh, the REASON I love Tesla is because of the over-design. If I wanted the same-ol', there are plenty of other options. And if you are buying any car as an investment, you are doomed to perpetual disappointment. I buy my cars to be driven, and if Tesla wants to upgrade the tech, totally awesome with me, especially since I'll end up benefiting from those upgrades.

I like to be part of the future. And sometimes, when you push hard, you get burned a little. It'll matter little in the long run. And if Tesla does eventually implode, it'll be because Musk shot for the moon, not because of whatever the hell it is they are doing at Yahoo or HP today. Personally, I'm okay with that.

What if one is long? Does that also make views biased?

The difference is not between longs and shorts but between investors and traders. Investors only care about long term success of a company while traders only care about short term stock movement and they do manipulate the market to their benefit. Traders can be either long or short but you almost never see a short who is an investor.