Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bud, not to make you feel bad. But you really should do some more research.

He takes $0 in salary. He has only paid himself in stock options.
absurd comment: pay is pay

rich is rich

I'd take 0 in salary, too, if I had enough money to MAKE ROCKETS.

he's beyond rich. why are we even splitting semantics?

and you avoided the question ENTIRELY. when the parts are not there, I blame the guy who should be planning for them and finding the same, similar or equiv parts, and let the downstream eng teams know this.

the business guy's job is to keep the doors open, keep the money flowing, all that kind of stuff. predict what is needed so that you are not caught short.

they are caught short.

they didn't do their job.

its so simple when you reduce it to the first principles.

but we have a culture of 'ceos can do nothing wrong'. we idolize them and we give them free pass after free pass.

some of you have received your serf training very well. you know your places in life. you wont challenge your 'betters'.

Reactions: ahmadr
Im not upset with the fact Elon is so wealthy, good for him. We should all try to achieve that level of success in everything we do.

The EV issues discussed in the thread however set back the entire EV movement. It becomes a hard pill to swallow when you pay luxury car fees and receive cut rate service / experience. As is, only the true EV diehards would pay the $ for these cars and that hurts everyone in the long run. We wont see enough infrastructure development and vehicle improvements if the EV adoption rate remains at 2% ..

OK back to my question on the OP -- if I disconnect the 12v battery and manually try to open the door, what will happen ? Im curious. I will be careful not to damage any trim but I want to see what it would take to actually open the door without any electric power... Would love if OP replied and let is know exactly what Tesla replaced on his car, was it just the window or also the puddle lamp ? window reg ? ect ... ? Im still thining the puddle lamp current draw has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue the OP posted about, unless his current draw was either infinite (short) or zero (dead bulb/not plugged in)

absurd comment: pay is pay

rich is rich

I'd take 0 in salary, too, if I had enough money to MAKE ROCKETS.

he's beyond rich. why are we even splitting semantics?

and you avoided the question ENTIRELY. when the parts are not there, I blame the guy who should be planning for them and finding the same, similar or equiv parts, and let the downstream eng teams know this.

the business guy's job is to keep the doors open, keep the money flowing, all that kind of stuff. predict what is needed so that you are not caught short.

they are caught short.

they didn't do their job.

its so simple when you reduce it to the first principles.

but we have a culture of 'ceos can do nothing wrong'. we idolize them and we give them free pass after free pass.

some of you have received your serf training very well. you know your places in life. you wont challenge your 'betters'.
Wow. I won’t even attempt to dignify this with a response. Sorry you’re having a rough time with Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: ahmadr
Wow. I won’t even attempt to dignify this with a response. Sorry you’re having a rough time with Tesla.
no rough time for me, per se; but we ALL have a rough time with a company that wont keep parts in stock and wont spend the money to prepare in advance for any forseen shortages.

I'm not yelling about unforseen shortages. JUST TO BE CLEAR. but that's not the issue; there were parts shortages YEARS before the pandemic, so this isn't a valid excuse. it added to the problem but it didn't create the problem.

there were long wait times for replacement glass. tesla didn't make enough or didn't see fit to have enough made. they play the 'just in time' game but we suffer for it due to long waits.

you keep apologizing for him and I understand that mind-set. you are in love and you dont like it when someone calls out your 'buddy'.

I have no attachment to the company and zero to any executive at tesla. I expect a lot for my money and part of the arrangement is that I pay X for the car and that includes ALL the stuff behind the scenes to keep the business running; that includes keeping parts on hand and projecting when we are going to see shortages.

MY POINT about the money is that his company can't just say that they have no funds to build more factories for custom parts; or that they cant buy out companies that are 'in the way' and streamline the whole process.

people just love to give a free pass to the execs. we see that in american politics, too, but I'll stop there before it gets too political ;)

I thought he swore off vacations. I don't recall if it was the same vacation or not, but he almost died on one and the board kicked him out of Paypal's CEO while he was on vacation.

This was hardly a vacation. Sounds like he spent a couple of days there. I’m sure he was working when not eating, sleeping and family sightseeing.

Reactions: abasile and CLK350
no rough time for me, per se; but we ALL have a rough time with a company that wont keep parts in stock and wont spend the money to prepare in advance for any forseen shortages.

I'm not yelling about unforseen shortages. JUST TO BE CLEAR. but that's not the issue; there were parts shortages YEARS before the pandemic, so this isn't a valid excuse. it added to the problem but it didn't create the problem.

there were long wait times for replacement glass. tesla didn't make enough or didn't see fit to have enough made. they play the 'just in time' game but we suffer for it due to long waits.

you keep apologizing for him and I understand that mind-set. you are in love and you dont like it when someone calls out your 'buddy'.

I have no attachment to the company and zero to any executive at tesla. I expect a lot for my money and part of the arrangement is that I pay X for the car and that includes ALL the stuff behind the scenes to keep the business running; that includes keeping parts on hand and projecting when we are going to see shortages.

MY POINT about the money is that his company can't just say that they have no funds to build more factories for custom parts; or that they cant buy out companies that are 'in the way' and streamline the whole process.

people just love to give a free pass to the execs. we see that in american politics, too, but I'll stop there before it gets too political ;)
I love my “buddy” about as much as I love you. Equally. I don’t favor him nor am I ever an Elon fanboy. Lol, I just said that he made me and my fiends a lot of money. You can think of him however you like. You can think of my goalie on my hockey team, Elon, or anybody else however you like - that’s your business. Its no skin off my back.
I just don’t understand how you can put all the blame on one person. 🤦‍♂️

Gotta love the WTF family vacation photos... thanks for sharing. :)

1628823043693.png

1628823087468.png

I read it in 2015, it's a good book.
it is still unclear to me how his father was abusive. Was it psychologically? Didn’t seem like a subject Elon wanted to cover with Ashlee anyway.

Musk had a terrible childhood, both at school and at home.
He was a genius in programmation early on.
he read books constantly and became a self learner.
He worked like crazy to make his startups and the first day he take vacation with Justine they vite him off the board about a disagreement on the orientation of PayPal or X.com. Elon aimed big and wanted to create a bank to rule them all.
All those repetitive traumas made him an intransigeant leader who fires and discard some employees if they do not agree.
He is as exigeant as he is with him.
Like him or not. His flaws are also what makes him the greatest engineer and entrepreneur of our time.
If you want a balanced life with free time. Don’t work for him because this is not how Tesla would have survived in the beginning.

it is still unclear to me how his father was abusive. Was it psychologically? Didn’t seem like a subject Elon wanted to cover with Ashlee anyway.

Musk had a terrible childhood, both at school and at home.
He was a genius in programmation early on.
he read books constantly and became a self learner.
He worked like crazy to make his startups and the first day he take vacation with Justine they vite him off the board about a disagreement on the orientation of PayPal or X.com. Elon aimed big and wanted to create a bank to rule them all.
All those repetitive traumas made him an intransigeant leader who fires and discard some employees if they do not agree.
He is as exigeant as he is with him.
Like him or not. His flaws are also what makes him the greatest engineer and entrepreneur of our time.
If you want a balanced life with free time. Don’t work for him because this is not how Tesla would have survived in the beginning.

I have read his father comes from an old Afrikan family (original Dutch settlers) and was 100% behind Apartheid and was very racist. I believe his mother has made some comments that her ex-husband was physically abusive to both her and the children.

One of Elon's weaknesses is he is not a natural leader. He studied management when he realized he would need to hire an army of worker ants to achieve what he wanted to achieve, but he's not a natural at it. He has little patience for people who don't immediately get what he's saying. I wouldn't want to work for him.

I have read his father comes from an old Afrikan family (original Dutch settlers) and was 100% behind Apartheid and was very racist. I believe his mother has made some comments that her ex-husband was physically abusive to both her and the children.

One of Elon's weaknesses is he is not a natural leader. He studied management when he realized he would need to hire an army of worker ants to achieve what he wanted to achieve, but he's not a natural at it. He has little patience for people who don't immediately get what he's saying. I wouldn't want to work for him.
That what exactly my conclusion at the end of the book.

he is doing what he needs to do to make his EV company and SoaceX company but at a human cost some of us would not endure working for.

his company is perfect for new graduates who want to throw in 5-10 years if their life to work 60-90 hours a week to change the world .

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Knowing something about Psychology, a person can be interested in the well being of humanity while not really liking people much. I've known people like that. I would call him more of an uber-idealist than an uber-mensch.

Another thing that's common is unless someone gets help and deals with it people who have suffered abuse can to be hyper reactive. My partner has been treating DV perpetrators for over 10 years. The model for the typical DV perp is they have an attitude that they are superior to women and are men driven by the "patriarchy". That was true at one time and it still exists among some subgroups that reinforce those attitudes, mostly immigrant communities from certain countries and some small religious groups with strict attitudes.

There has always been a small percentage of psychopaths who are born without empathy, but the bulk of perpetrators today are people who grew up in single parent households with a strong mother figure who worked her tail off to put food on the table. When asked about their attitudes about women, most have fairly positive opinions. However, most have been abused at some point, either by their overwrought mother, a sibling, or classmates. They also often had poor modeling for how to deal with the inevitable conflict in a relationship.

Deal with the hyper reactivity and teach them some better conflict skills and recidivism drops into the single digits.

Elon Musk strikes me as someone who has great ideals about how to help humanity, but he doesn't really like or get along with individual humans very well. On top of that he's hyper reactive due to the abuse he received from his classmates and his father as a kid which causes him to fly off the handle too easily. It makes him hard to work for.

Status
Not open for further replies.