Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire thread is basically TMC members guessing about Elon's motivations. Hell, 25% of this site is.

The details maybe, but not the overall arching goals. I mean, yes, what exactly does "free speech Twitter" mean? I would bet you that Elon himself doesn't know the answer to that question. But there should be little doubt that his overall goal is improving Twitter as a useful platform through various changes (like subscriptions, identification and editing) and increasing the ability for people to speak on topics. What he isn't trying to do is a lark, sticking it to the SEC, make money, or increase his own ability to say things on Twitter, all of which supposedly smart people have suggested.

The details maybe, but not the overall arching goals. I mean, yes, what exactly does "free speech Twitter" mean? I would bet you that Elon himself doesn't know the answer to that question. But there should be little doubt that his overall goal is improving Twitter as a useful platform through various changes (like subscriptions, identification and editing) and increasing the ability for people to speak on topics. What he isn't trying to do is a lark, sticking it to the SEC, make money, or increase his own ability to say things on Twitter, all of which supposedly smart people have suggested.
I don’t just mean on this latest topic. It’s seriously 200+ pages of people making guesses about his romantic motivations, business motivations, language motivations, etc. So it’s a little humorous to see a contributor to this thread suggest that people shouldn’t guess at Elon’s motivations.

And sure enough, Twitter’s Board has adopted a poison pill which would stop Elon from outright acquiring more than 15% of Twitter. Watch the stock drop on Monday is my bet.
There's a good chance that stockholders make a class action suit against the board because the poison pill seems to have been set up to only protect the board. Details need to be seen but if the stock crashes there's a good possibility.

Popcorn time!
I don't have a dog in this race.
Me neither. I find it very interesting. As I do the differing points of view .
just because I think it’s likely to be one way doesn’t mean someone else is wrong to me.
If I was so certain I was right I’d be trading the stock or options instead of talking about it.
people can have differing opinions with out conflict. Personally I learn a lot from other people
No popcorn required.

Reactions: mspohr
Really good/interesting thread about Twitter and censorship.

And why Trump got banned:
He‘s wrong, of course. He, and obviously Twitter management at various times, believed Twitter’s survival was at stake unless they censored. They either feared boycott reprisals or government intervention (Or in the case of Trump’s ban, he personally feared Trump would actually lead an insurrection). These were all fears, not actually things that were going to happen. Basically, Twitter’s management let their fears get the best of them and decided that censorship was the prudent thing to do.

It’s a complex debate (more complex than the debate so far in this thread), suffice it to say, I think he’s wrong, and I suspect Elon does too. But reading those threads above will give you insight into how Twitter management thinks.

Really good/interesting thread about Twitter and censorship.

And why Trump got banned:
He‘s wrong, of course. He, and obviously Twitter management at various times, believed Twitter’s survival was at stake unless they censored. They either feared boycott reprisals or government intervention (Or in the case of Trump’s ban, he personally feared Trump would actually lead an insurrection). These were all fears, not actually things that were going to happen. Basically, Twitter’s management let their fears get the best of them and decided that censorship was the prudent thing to do.

It’s a complex debate (more complex than the debate so far in this thread), suffice it to say, I think he’s wrong, and I suspect Elon does too. But reading those threads above will give you insight into how Twitter management thinks.
I read a bunch of his tweets
that was about the stupidest stuff I’ve read on the internet in sometime

A perfect illustration of the media's hypocrisy. ;)

1650077649347.png

Attachments

• 1650077507968.png
    1650077507968.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.