Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next year for air suspension? /cries/

I need to get a test drive before I order, I need to see if the car will get into my driveway without scraping. My Prius scrapes if I'm not careful pulling into or out of the driveway.
Same exact situation here, too! Model 3 has exactly the same ground clearance as my 2012 Prius. I have to approach driveway at an angle to get in without scraping.

I have an invitation to configure but sitting on it, hoping for SAS this year. Don't know what I will do now, don't want to wait yet another year. The good news is that it appears that SAS will not be bundled to Performance model.

Reactions: F_T_K
And the R&T and MT comparison tests between Tesla’s P3D v C63 AMG v M3 are going to be OFF THE HOOK!!!!

Oh, man.....I have the perfect marketing for this.......

Give them one RIGHT NOW....and make them promise to hold off on publishing until the 4th of July, and make it an ALL-AMERICAN edition....as in.....the American car wins against its foreign adversaries!!!

• Love
Reactions: Big Earl and gene
Could very well be. I subtracted 0.3 seconds off Tesla's advertised numbers for the LR and SR because that's what most people/publications have all been achieving in real world testing (with 1ft rollout).

Elon has an affinity for the McLaren F1, and it's what he used as a benchmark for the original P85D 0-60 times. That's partly where I got the 3.1 second for the P model (maybe Tesla advertises it as 3.5?). Plus, that would comfortably put it below the BMW M3 and Mercedes C63 AMG times of 3.9 seconds, while still not getting near P100D territory.

The Model 3 is still being anti sold . It’s too good versus the S for way less money.

My guess at pricing: 4000-5000 for the AWD, 15-20k for Performance. I’m guessing air suspension will just Be included with the Performance when it’s eventually released and a 1-2k upgrade for all other builds.
Air suspension isn't really a performance option... I'm hoping they include some serious brake and cooling upgrades if they're going to charge 15k-20k! For that price they should add adaptive dampers and limited slip differential too. They're going need that if they actually want to compete with the M3.

Wonder if there is gonna be some bling that will differentiate the AWD/Performance model from the LR commoner vehicles. There's gotta be something that will show show off that I got the more fancy AWD/Perf model..

I knew there were people like that I just didn't think any of them would come out and proudly admit it.
Women won't care. They'll see TESLA and that will be enough. The only people you'll impress with your slightly faster speed will be very young men.

Bad idea. He threw the Canadians a bone with May and June deliveries to preserve the Tax Credit for US buyers.

I highly doubt anyone outside the US is getting their car between 7/1 and 12/31 of this year.

I agree with you 10000000%, I think orders in the US will take precedence again quickly and dont think Canada will see AWD until late fall, early winter.

Reactions: Blu Angel
Obviously we're all just guessing but I think $5K for AWD and $10K for performance. So do you think this will impact base Model S sales?
I think P will be $15 to $20k more BUT will include AWD standard.

That will not only simplify the production process but also give the car superior handling and acceleration. It’s an obvious choice for tesla.

So I guess we kind of agree on pricing if your estimate does not include AWD. But I am willing to bet that AWD will be standard.

Sure way to complete (or potentially) destroy the competition. And price wise I believe tesla has a lot of room. The BMW M3 and C class AMG are very expensive.

Also a performance 3 that destroys the competition could generate a lot of buzz for tesla

See Franz's current LR Model 3 for a possible preview of what the performance model might look like.
  • Optional 20" sport wheels in Sonic Carbon finish
  • Optional carbon fiber spoiler (a la Model S P100D)
  • Red brake calipers with larger diameter front rotors (355mm vs current 320mm), this was leaked in an early Jan version of the owner's manual before it was removed.
Also, here's my best guess on lineup specs... we'll see if I'm anywhere close by next weekend:
View attachment 300498

I believe your numbers will be damn close.