Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm still no configuration website.

I wonder what's going on.

Maybe Elon fell asleep on his new couch with a do-not-disturb sign on the door. lol

I'm sure that not everyone is being allowed to configure an AWD or P model simultaneously. You will probably be invited to configure in the same order you received your original invitation. Which means that employees are probably the only ones getting an invite today, but at least the pricing and features are trickling down to the rest of us a while.

The Model 3 is meant to be the car everyone can afford. He's got half a million pre orders even with a 2 year wait - he has all volume he needs to keep prices down. Elon himself said the options would be cheaper - they aren't. This is a bait and switch plain and simple
The cheapest BMW 3 starts at 34900.- and that one is barebone as ****. A comparable M3 is 74800.-- without EAP and the like. So this is perfectly normal and if you have thought it would be cheaper then maybe its just your mistake.

Prices seem about right to me. Maybe a touch high on the 5K for AWD but pretty much what I expected. These cars will be great for the company's bottom line with good margins. Also in regards to people complaining about the specs. Remember, Tesla claims a 5.1 acceleration on the long range model currently available. We know from multiple sources that it really can do 4.6-4.8. They are claiming 4.5 for AWD and 3.5 for Performance so I fully expect those numbers to be more like 4.0 for AWD and 2.5 for Performance.
Looking for the stock to start a steady climb next week.

Dan

Last edited:
Very disappointing that they did not change to black headliner on white interior. Loses a lot of the aesthetic appeal without it.

I assume that is one solid piece of aluminum along the dash belt line? Or is it a strip of the white material? Hard to tell from the photo.
Good catch and agreed...odd especially given in that pic it looks like Alcantara to boot (so why not go black Alcantara?).

Reactions: MikeInFL
Any thoughts on the price on white interior once it is decoupled from the performance version and available on other trims? Any guess on whether it will be an upcharge or not? My guess is that it will be extra, just don't know by how much.
At this point options seem to be about the same between Model S and Model 3 so I would expect it to be in the $2000 - $2500 range but I think it will be a long ways down the road. Sometime next year would be my bet.

Dan

Reactions: streetskooler