Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy was already mentiined in British press from the very start Navy Seals race to rescue children's football team trapped in Thai cave As I understand it he’s the one who told authorities to bring in fellow British experts. I think attacking this guy’s reputation is a losing proposition. Good on Elon of deleting those tweets although the damage is done. Elon’s hinted at posting under influence before. Hopefully this was just a case of that and we can leave the episode behind us.
Yes but I did say in the last 3 days---- a wide search of "team members" in the mainstream UK media of late is notable by a lack of his mention "in despatches". I hesitate to use a rather crude expression ( common around the Macclesfield area) but I "think he's seen has A-se" Well, he' s well known now !!!

Looking at stock price and the viral nature of this event, this is the new market section. We’re not supposed to talk about the tweet there, but this is driving down the stock $5.60 premarket
Even Howard dean chumed in that tsla is a zero if Elon losses it. If it turns out this guy is a pedo, Elon should have handled it through back channels. Associating yourself with pedo’ even as an accuser hurts your branding. Not just of Tesla, but your human personal brand.

With 1000+ cars a day the stock should be cranking and the shorts should be running, instead they are energized and think Elon in in full Howard Hughes mode. I’m not sure who is his voice of reason, but if he needs to, he should bring Gwynn Shotwell over as acting COO to get him to focus on his job, engineering and cutting deals like the Chicago boring tunnel.

And someone to carry his phone and give it to him when he needs to make a call or send a personal text message.
As soon as he announced the Boring company, I was thinking Howard Hughes. I’ve been worried about his sanity for a while now. I hope he is ok.

I'm concerned there is nothing coming out of Tesla (or SpaceX) about this. Perhaps there is some truth to Elon's claim and they are waiting for a story to break on the diver?

The latest interview the diver gave doesn't instill me with confidence he is innocent, I think there is more to this than we think?

Of course could be wrong. If Elon said this with no information then he needs to be on his knees apologizing ASAP.

As soon as he announced the Boring company, I was thinking Howard Hughes. I’ve been worried about his sanity for a while now. I hope he is ok.

Why? It's a valid solution for transportation issues many cities face and he has already lined up a deal with Chicago. If that goes well every large metro area will be looking to get tunnels.

I'm concerned there is nothing coming out of Tesla (or SpaceX) about this. Perhaps there is some truth to Elon's claim and they are waiting for a story to break on the diver?

The latest interview the diver gave doesn't instill me with confidence he is innocent, I think there is more to this than we think?

Of course could be wrong. If Elon said this with no information then he needs to be on his knees apologizing ASAP.

Or they're huddling in an office going "How the hell do we claw Elon out of this black hole he just sucked himself into?"
And he had information. His information was "guy is British and lives in Thailand and said bad stuff about me. Pedo!"

• Informative
Reactions: MauryDann
meanwhile your employees, fans, and customers are paying the price. you owe us an explanation, because we’ve been fighting for years

These reactions are way overboard.

Elon is the best marketing tool for SpaceX and Tesla.

Bears will use anything they can to make the companies look bad.

Don't forget that his Thai sub tweets are nothing to do with Tesla company, and certainly not TSLA. (SpaceX and Boring Company engineers worked on it... no-one from Tesla) The Tesla company have their own Tesla Twitter account for PR. Elon tweets whatever he wants.

Anyone asking for Elon's head on a platter, or saying TSLA should be falling, are part of the FUD problem.

Don't forget that his Thai sub tweets are nothing to do with Tesla company, and certainly not TSLA. (SpaceX and Boring Company engineers worked on it... no-one from Tesla) The Tesla company have their own Tesla Twitter account for PR. Elon tweets whatever he wants.

Anyone asking for Elon's head on a platter, or saying TSLA should be falling, are part of the FUD problem.
It reflects on leadership even if a non Tesla account

no, don’t twist what i said i into what others are saying. i’m not asking for that at all.

i’m saying he focus on the big picture and ignore this nonsense. hes playing into their hands

• Disagree
Reactions: dc_h and WarpedOne
It’s certainly a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

People shouldn’t be knocking Elon and team for coming up with a solution especially if he was solicited for help.

Elon also should ignore the noise, but the reason why people love him is because it’s odd for a CEO/person like this to respond so quickly via Twitter. It’s a double edged sword.

With that said, the rescue diver making an accusation that this was a PR stunt is a tool. I am in the camp that calling him a pedo is just a response with equal level of intensity. Apparently there was a drawing involved with a submarine going up Elon’s rear from what I understand but the tweet got deleted much sooner. If this was the case, screw that guy, he had it coming. We have too many armchair warriors these days.

People shouldn’t be knocking Elon and team for coming up with a solution especially if he was solicited for help.

Elon also should ignore the noise, but the reason why people love him is because it’s odd for a CEO/person like this to respond so quickly via Twitter. It’s a double edged sword.

With that said, the rescue diver making an accusation that this was a PR stunt is a tool. I am in the camp that calling him a pedo is just a response with equal level of intensity. Apparently there was a drawing involved with a submarine going up Elon’s rear from what I understand but the tweet got deleted much sooner. If this was the case, screw that guy, he had it coming. We have too many armchair warriors these days.
Are you naive?
One is a comment, the other is libel!
"people love him". Whom?

Last edited:

Says the "TSLA investor". Has anyone coined "Investmentism" as an epistemological theory yet? If not, I got dibs. "Capitalist epistemology" doesn't lend itself to the idea that there are both monetary and emotional types of investment.

I can't believe that this even moved the needle. Who is selling the stock b/c of this?

Do you even have to ask? ;) My favorite Twitter short expected $50 gap down and is openly selling more short. He doesn’t learn from own mistakes.

Twitter

To all of you panicking, I’m not worried. Yes Elon was wrong/stupid to say what he said, and he should stop responding to trolls, even if they are well placed. He needs to stop being thin skinned.

But this will all blow over quickly. Fundamentally nothing changed.