Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon tweets interesting pic of autopilot development screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if we could get an option in settings to toggle with or without driver input for auto lane changes? That would be pretty cool as it would allow drivers to set whether they want the car to make auto lane changes on its own or if they want to always initiate auto lane changes.
I’m betting that’s what the setting is for, Unattended Lane Changes. Turn it on and the car will change lanes if needed to stay at speed, turn it off to just stay in the lane you started the EAP in.

Hopefully the features work as advertised. Activating the repeater and b pillar cams would be a big step and would presumably increase safety and performance in all aspects but particularly lane position, merging, lane changes and parking.

Fender cameras, absolutely. The b-pillar cameras won't help at all with freeway driving, which is likely why they area described as being part off FSDC and not eAP.

They point too far out to the sides to help on the freeway - they exist for assessing crosstraffic at intersections.

Fender cameras, absolutely. The b-pillar cameras won't help at all with freeway driving, which is likely why they area described as being part off FSDC and not eAP.

They point too far out to the sides to help on the freeway - they exist for assessing crosstraffic at intersections.

I definitely agree but I think the b pillar will help a lot with hunting for parking spots.

Reactions: Bebop
Love the Augmented Vision potential.

Not seeing anything in the screenshot that jumps out and sez "Traffic Signal Reaction".

Baby steps. Momentum. More intelligent highway driving (!!!). Will be most helpful in and around SoCal, for example *polite cough*.

Just hitting the (end of) August self-imposed deadline (for the start of the firmware push fleetwide) would be impressive in and of itself.

Looking forward to it. Whatever "it" ends up being.

Reactions: croman
Uh, guys, you do know this is from the Tesla Semi, right?
2018-06-24 19_09_02-Window.png

Uh, guys, you do know this is from the Tesla Semi, right?

Yes but we know the Semi's displays are going to follow the M3 format. This screen looks like an MCU screen from a Model S/X and is more likely than not Elon's own car. Would also make no sense for the Semi to have autopilot functions that the 3/S/X wouldn't have seeing how its not coming out yet...

Last edited:
I'd guess this is all related to EAP since Elon said it'd roll out in August, which is less than 2 months away FSD is basically just EAP that works off the highway.

FSD for the semi should have many similarities to FSD for the S/X/3. so I'm going with that premise for now.:)

FSD will integrate with navigation on or off the highway so far more than just EAP that works off the highway.
Order a Model S
FSD Tesla description.PNG

Case in point. See block labeled B-Pillar Right and Side repeater right
Ho2pVTZ.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: selfbp and croman
Well, I think I know what Elon is referring to..... The one and only MAD MAX EVENT Celebration of FSD! Let's go people, click the link in my signature and sign the heck up and start putting ideas out there. We need ideas!