Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I’ve not used the words “dictate” “decide” or suggested he be “punished” or “cancelled.”
Indeed I’ve not suggested any action at all be taken, except that it would have widespread positive effects if he calmed down on Twitter.
Prob a good idea not to reply to things you don’t seem to be reading.
I’ve “commented”, which as I noted, is what this thread is for.
The “Elon Is A Living God” thread, meanwhile, I think is nestled over behind “Robotaxi in 2023?”

I find it actually a secret "tell" as folks in the mindless-Elon-adoration-club claim that if we dare just say "hey, that behavior is a bad idea" we're claiming we're forcing someone to do something.

No. We said we like the good stuff Elon can do, and we're SAD that his inner demons are running the show right now and we WISH he could get away from them.

It's not complicated. We're expressing an OPINION. It's that FREE SPEECH stuff you supposedly embrace.

Twitter overhang nearly over!

I thought he said he was done? So confused by this!

He just has to sell another $16B or so (this number isn’t based on much, just a WAG). Pay off those (other) silly loans. Guess he could wait for a better price.

Elon is done selling until he sells again in a few months. His money is first in, last out...unless he's paying taxes on exercising options or buying random companies. You can't really trust anything he says.

Famously, it's bullish when the CEO and controlling shareholder sells at 52-week lows.

Elon is done selling until he sells again in a few months. His money is first in, last out...unless he's paying taxes on exercising options or buying random companies. You can't really trust anything he says.

Famously, it's bullish when the CEO and controlling shareholder sells at 52-week lows.

I guess you wanted to add a /s.

It's bearish if a CEO is selling for no apparant reason, as it could mean he doesn't see any upside for the company or the stock. Elon is selling for a sound reason, not related to Tesla. You could even say he is selling against his will (if he could go back he probably wouldn't be buying Twitter at all, or at a much lower price).

I was told the stock took a nosedive because of institutions/libs/disappointed fans/just about everyone selling stock because of Elon’s tweets.

Turns out it was something entirely different.
It appears that Twitter's trouble with advertisers fleeing caused Elon to sell TSLA in order to pay off his bridge loans. So I see a close connection between Elon's antics on Twitter and the drop in TSLA. Do you have different information? Did Elon sell in order to buy a fleet of yachts or something?

The worst case scenario is Tesla flounders while sleep deprived Elon is occupied elsewhere and despite increased traffic, Twitter revenues stay low so Elon has to keep selling TSLA to keep it going in hopes of turning things around. I've never before seen Rob Maurer of Tesla Daily look so out of sorts as he did when reporting Elon's (presumably unplanned) sell off.

The people who have been saying TSLA will not be further affected by Twitter seem to have been gravely mistaken. Sure, maybe with this latest influx of cash Elon will be able to turn things around and right the ship. I sure hope that's what happens but right now it looks a little grim. Seems an odd time for the Elon fan club to gloat ... 'tis but a scratch!

I was told the stock took a nosedive because of institutions/libs/disappointed fans/just about everyone selling stock because of Elon’s tweets.

But, but, but.... I have been told (and shown statistical proof in multi-page postings) that Elon selling has no correlation with the SP dropping!
It all must be macros, just ask the guys on the main investor thread!

;)

I find it actually a secret "tell" as folks in the mindless-Elon-adoration-club claim that if we dare just say "hey, that behavior is a bad idea" we're claiming we're forcing someone to do something.

No. We said we like the good stuff Elon can do, and we're SAD that his inner demons are running the show right now and we WISH he could get away from them.

It's not complicated. We're expressing an OPINION. It's that FREE SPEECH stuff you supposedly embrace.
Yup, precisely. No worries anyway, I put that one on ignore. Life’s too short for dogma.

Reactions: B@ndit

Yesterday's 126,983,000 volume wasn't all Elon. Turns out it was probably a combination of things all related to Elon's Twitter debacle.

As I said you need a proper poll ... not some anecdotes (for eg. I've not heard anything about twitter/tesla from people who don't pay attention).
Like we’ve discussed before - there aren’t proper polls for everything and the impetus for many ‘proper polls’ initiates from observations.

I never claimed my statement was anything more than an observation, but it was an observation that at least some people have noticed. (As such it does disprove statements like “no one outside hard core tesla fans has even noticed or cares about this”

Reactions: advocate8
Yesterday's 126,983,000 volume wasn't all Elon. Turns out it was probably a combination of things all related to Elon's Twitter debacle.
I always get a kick out the analysts providing explanations for why the market went up or down. On any given day there’s plenty of positive and negative news so it seems like they just pick the most popular negative/positive news to look smart and explain why the market went down/up.

It’s not quite so difficult when it involves a single stock like TSLA but still seems far from accurate.

Reactions: advocate8
Software does not just run on autopilot...

Twitter’s remaining engineers have largely been tasked with keeping the site stable over the last few days, since the new CEO decided to get rid of a significant chunk of the staff maintaining its code base. As the company tries to return to some semblance of normalcy, more of their time will be spent addressing Musk’s (often taxing) whims for new products and features, rather than keeping what’s already there running.
This is particularly problematic, says Krueger, for a site like Twitter, which can have unforeseen spikes in user traffic and interest. Krueger contrasts Twitter with online retail sites, where companies can prepare for big traffic events like Black Friday with some predictability. “When it comes to Twitter, they have the possibility of having a Black Friday on any given day at any time of the day,” he says. “At any given day, some news event can happen that can have significant impact on the conversation.” Responding to that is harder to do when you lay off up to 80% of your SREs—a figure Krueger says has been bandied about within the industry but which MIT Technology Review has been unable to confirm. The Twitter engineer agreed that the percentage sounded “plausible.”

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna and BitJam

Well, people think he is selling again today.

Can't believe Elon is flushing so much of hard-earned Tesla cash down Twitter drain. Who knew owning libs was so expensive.

hmmm. I don't think this will do a whole lot for advertiser confidence. But it will be interesting to see what changes.

Given that advertisers have an enormous number of options on where to spend their money and get their message out.... why would you NOT pause the sliver you normally show on twitter till the on-purpose dumptser fire at least is of known scope and size?

Status
Not open for further replies.