Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Bromance with Cheeto Jesus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local municipality here (in Sweden) sent out a note today recommending we stock up on canned food, blankets and flashlights. Just in case there's a crisis o_O

Americans (and other countries) have done that when a war is possible. We stockpiled emergency rations for decades in the US.

I would say that is good advice for Europeans. There could be 'fallout' (literally) pretty soon. When Iran gets ready to place a ICBM with a nuclear payload into service, Israeli and others listed as being Enemies Of Iran, will have to take out Iranian nuclear fuel production and ballistic missile facilities as well as basic infrastructure.

Iran is pushing their tech too fast, and it is possible a failed nuclear test could contaminate water and food stuffs in Europe.

But certainly a nuclear release to destroy an Iranian reactor is a possible scenario.

Just in case nobody remembers, Israel has done this before, except using conventional munitions. The Iranian facility is hardened though, unlike the Iraqi reactor. It will take either specially designed munitions or nuclear payloads to take it off-line for good.

EDIT - The dumbest move since giving Stalin 1/2 of Europe in 1945, was when the West decided letting Iran build atom bombs was OK. It will start a new nuclear arms race. Obama of all people should have planted his feet. His goal was complete US nuclear disarmament by the end of his term. Oppsss. That is not a possibility anymore.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SwTslaGrl
Yes, I'm sure the KKK is filled with liberals :rolleyes:
the kkk was a creation of democrat leaning people, now the left with a compliant media has created the propagandist notion that the right is the party of the kkk. while some extremist right wing types have expresses similar views that the kkk holds, the fact is that the kkk was and historically been the bastion of southern democrats. I won't post it but when bubba ran for governor of ak the confederate battle flag was prominent.

• Disagree
Reactions: AndreN and Dwdnjck
the kkk was a creation of democrat leaning people, now the left with a compliant media has created the propagandist notion that the right is the party of the kkk.
Probably because it's the truth.

Sociologists David Cunningham, Justin Farrell, and Rory McVeigh have done groundbreaking work examining the relationship between the Ku Klux Klan and how the Republican Party was able to win over Southern white voters in the years during and after the civil rights movement.
The Republican Party's Ku Klux Klan 'problem' is much bigger than just Donald Trump

These black people stayed in the Democratic Party. White supremacists left and joined a Republican Party waiting with open arms.
Why Republicans blaming Democrats for the KKK are profoundly wrong

The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) had a lasting impact on the number of US Republican voters, even half a century after the white supremacist movement's popularity and political impact peaked, according to a new study from academics at Yale, Brandeis, and Notre Dame universities.
How the Ku Klux Klan Helped Republicans Win Voters in the US South | VICE News

obvious? I'll ask again, what training does the person have to make this diagnosis? I claim that liberalism is a mental disorder, however the claim is meaningless drivel because I lack standing to make such a claim.

nonetheless the election is long over, the time for the argument that he is unsuitable for the office is over.

trump is the president and to paraphrase the words of his predecessor, elections have consequences, trump won, get over it.

It is not over. No one is above the law. The threat of impeachment always exists.

impeachment for what? disliking his views is not grounds for impeachment

He was in violation of the emoluments clause from day 1. Had this been a "liberal" president you guys would be going nuts right now. The lack of this shows the rotten moral foundation the "right" is on now. You're not rooting for a sports team. When facts and the rule of law stop mattering, then the democracy is teetering on the edge of destruction. No, alternative facts don't count.

He was in violation of the emoluments clause from day 1. Had this been a "liberal" president you guys would be going nuts right now. The lack of this shows the rotten moral foundation the "right" is on now. You're not rooting for a sports team. When facts and the rule of law stop mattering, then the democracy is teetering on the edge of destruction. No, alternative facts don't count.

Nope. Emoluments do not apply. Using one's public office to solicit bribes from foreign government is a bit of a stretch.

It is actually laughable the how an 'ethics' organization is deliberately starting a propaganda campaign to mislead the public intentionally.

By their definition, the stock from any corp who derives any income from foreign contracts cannot be held by anyone holding a public office. Stock ownership is company ownership. So if the Federal Dog Catcher, holds 1 share of Tesla, he is to be expelled in their eyes.

Nope. Emoluments do not apply. Using one's public office to solicit bribes from foreign government is a bit of a stretch.

It is actually laughable the how an 'ethics' organization is deliberately starting a propaganda campaign to mislead the public intentionally.

By their definition, the stock from any corp who derives any income from foreign contracts cannot be held by anyone holding a public office. Stock ownership is company ownership. So if the Federal Dog Catcher, holds 1 share of Tesla, he is to be expelled in their eyes.

LOL, ethics, what a silly thing, everyone's violating them, so we don't need that anymore.

If you lie to the public for personal gain, labeling your enterprise as an Ethics program is even too legalese for my taste.

Perfect example of reverse cargo cult. The people checking ethics don't have ethics either, so it's all the same. License to do or say anything we want. Because the other team is just as bad.

Rotten to the core.

• Informative
Reactions: AndreN
The double standard here is just appalling... Could you imagine the outrage from the right if President Obama/Democrats had done any of these:

Benefitted by Putin interfering in the election?
Talked and communicated like the current President does?
Refused to vote on a SCOTUS nominee?
Hung up on a foreign head of state?
Mocked a disabled person?
Mocked McCain for getting captured?
Created a fake terrorist attack?
Allowed Michelle to live in a golden mansion in NYC at taxpayer expense?

The list goes on and on....

One thing that this election has proven is that Republicans have no principles, decency, or morality despite constantly trying to claim the moral high ground. Someone who hates public schools, has never attended a public school, thinks public schools should be defunded, is about to be in charge of the Department of Eduction...??? What is wrong with this picture? I could pick on a few other cabinet picks but this one is the worst...

What if President Obama had done any of those things, or chosen any of those types of cabinet picks??? The right would be having kittens right now, bundles and bundle of kittens... However since "their" guy did it, it's now perfectly OKAY????

Things are so egregiously backwards right now...

Jeff

At least we can (so far) laugh it off . . shows a heightened level of intelligence. :D

Now, I hope all of the tea I just snorted onto the keyboard doesn't short it out. :eek:
(endangered feces!!!!! sknxxxxx!)

Last edited: