Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of June delivery, still no free supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The incentive was for people who ordered a car from inventory. Even though you got a text by mistake, you didn't get it because the car was not from inventory.

Tesla offers 1 year of free Supercharging for inventory cars in end-of-quarter push - Electrek

I’ve yet to receive my free year Supercharging as well. I live in Texas and Tesla can’t sell here legally. I had to have financing in place before they could bring my car into the state. I took delivery on the last day of the month. I’ve gotten different replies and excuses for the delay.

Today I decided to take it to top or at least as close as I can. I sent an email to the Board or Directors asking if was just deceptive advertising or bad customer service. Maybe I’ll get a reaction before I take my next step.

Not yet. I may end up doing that by default on my first coming road trip with the car.
I agree with stonelance, you should try using the supercharger and seeing if it charges you. I didn't have any indication that the 1 year supercharging started (not in treasure chest or inbox or anything I could see), but I took it out to Napa and used the supercharger there, and the charges for those superchargers didn't show up. A fee did show up for June 30, 2020 since they used the supercharger to charge my car prior to pick-up. But the Napa trip didn't, which tells me it did take a day or two to kick in.

Reactions: adayley
The incentive was for people who ordered a car from inventory. Even though you got a text by mistake, you didn't get it because the car was not from inventory.

Tesla offers 1 year of free Supercharging for inventory cars in end-of-quarter push - Electrek

I knew of the reported incentive for inventory cars and didn’t expect or ask for the incentive. Tesla offered it to me in a text asking me to set my delivery appointment.

About the super charge incentive. I emailed my sales rep and he replied that my car was a custom order and not from inventory. But what makes me curious is that i received the car twelve days from the date of order. Does that sound peculiar? Can Tesla produce a custom order that fast?
Can someone tell me how i can find out independently if my car was from inventory vs custom produced?

I’ve yet to receive my free year Supercharging as well. I live in Texas and Tesla can’t sell here legally. I had to have financing in place before they could bring my car into the state. I took delivery on the last day of the month. I’ve gotten different replies and excuses for the delay.

Today I decided to take it to top or at least as close as I can. I sent an email to the Board or Directors asking if was just deceptive advertising or bad customer service. Maybe I’ll get a reaction before I take my next step.

I knew of the reported incentive for inventory cars and didn’t expect or ask for the incentive. Tesla offered it to me in a text asking me to set my delivery appointment.

That is a generic text that gets sent to everyone at that time. They did not type out that text especially for you
About the super charge incentive. I emailed my sales rep and he replied that my car was a custom order and not from inventory. But what makes me curious is that i received the car twelve days from the date of order. Does that sound peculiar? Can Tesla produce a custom order that fast?
Can someone tell me how i can find out independently if my car was from inventory vs custom produced?

Yes. Some people in Canada have received their 'custom built' cars in 7 days. End of quarter cars are all for North American customers and get built really fast. That's why I tell people to buy at the end of quarter month instead of beginning of quarter. Beginning of quarter cars all goes overseas, that's why you have to wait up to 8 weeks.

Drove to a supercharger this evening to test things. I wanted the experience before I needed the experience. And I wanted to see how the cost would go. The in-car screen simply showed the cost of the charge. Not free yet.

Just because the display showed a dollar amount being charged during your SC session does not mean you are being billed. During every SC session while i used my 1k referral miles, a dollar amount displayed on screen during charging. i was not actually charged for this, but instead my "free remaining miles" just reduced after each time in the phone app.

Not saying this is the case for you, but definitely check to see if your attached payment card was actually charged. I hope they make this right in the end for you.

• Helpful
Reactions: adayley
For the first dozen or so times I Supercharged (late 2018), I would see the cost of the session at the bottom of the screen and when I drove away, it re-registered $0.00. For the record, I believe that I should not have received any free miles (my account has always said Pay Per Use Supercharging) but for about the first six months of ownership it was free. Several times recently my Supercharging cost has adjusted itself downward by one or two kWh cost increments ($0.28). I don't know exactly why this happens but it maybe it's due to me running the A/C while charging????