Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Q2 Model S Deals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, looks like the 2023 demo cars are back to showing at all zip codes as in-transit again. You can tell the year just be seeing the EPA estimate range being different. Looks like $5,000 off most 2023 left overs. I can only assume they are showing these at all zip codes as a way to give free transport to move these left over old models.

I've been texting/communicating withTesla after I submitted a request for a trade-in quote for my 2020 Model Y Performance. They are still not offering much this quarter to order a Model S Plaid. They are not even offering transferring the FSD from my existing car to the new one if I buy it. It seems to me that this should be automatic for existing Tesla loyalists/early adopters, but I guess I'm wrong. I would literally order the car today if they would offer this. The person at Tesla keeps texting me deals on a new Model 3 or Model Y when I keep telling them I want a Model S Plaid. It's comical at this point. Tesla truly has a terrible sales process as they don't empower their people to do anything and they seem to be so out of touch with reality.

Reactions: walex19
Yep, looks like the 2023 demo cars are back to showing at all zip codes as in-transit again. You can tell the year just be seeing the EPA estimate range being different. Looks like $5,000 off most 2023 left overs. I can only assume they are showing these at all zip codes as a way to give free transport to move these left over old models.
Do you see $5K off 2023 new leftovers with zero miles? A relatively-recent-build 2023 LR S should be the same as a 2024, correct? $5K off a 2023 (assuming identical to a 2024) could tempt me. But I'm not interested in a demo.
I've been texting/communicating withTesla after I submitted a request for a trade-in quote for my 2020 Model Y Performance. They are still not offering much this quarter to order a Model S Plaid. They are not even offering transferring the FSD from my existing car to the new one if I buy it. It seems to me that this should be automatic for existing Tesla loyalists/early adopters, but I guess I'm wrong. I would literally order the car today if they would offer this. The person at Tesla keeps texting me deals on a new Model 3 or Model Y when I keep telling them I want a Model S Plaid. It's comical at this point. Tesla truly has a terrible sales process as they don't empower their people to do anything and they seem to be so out of touch with reality.
Appreciate the update on your experiences. I don't need a Plaid, but will pull the trigger for a LR S if they offer FSD transfer and/or 1% financing. Since I'm not in a hurry, I'd rather use their money than pay a premium to use mine.

Do you see $5K off 2023 new leftovers with zero miles? A relatively-recent-build 2023 LR S should be the same as a 2024, correct? $5K off a 2023 (assuming identical to a 2024) could tempt me. But I'm not interested in a demo.

I was only checking Plaids as that is what I'm interested in. Just did a search on regular Model S and didn't see any 2023's come up that were not demos.

• Helpful
Reactions: turns2stone
Still no FUSD/free supercharging transfer. Tesla, you might be able to get my attention with FUSC transfer. And then I can go crazy, I have thought of buying a cheapo Tesla with FSD and doing a double transfer (and selling that one later). I bet hertz vehicles don't have FSD.
I've had this exact same thought. Looking at the market it's going to be just under 20k for one. I ran an instant cash offer on the VIN I was looking at and it came in at $13,500. Not worth the time and effort IMO.

Plus Tesla will not allow more than one trade when purchasing a new vehicle, so now you have to add the tax on top of the purchase, so it really doesn't make sense.

2023 demo Plaids are almost $10k off now
Have to be willing to pass on the sport seats. That’s why they’re cutting so deep.

For me, having now seen the new seats, it wouldn’t be worth it even at $10k off. They make a very big difference in the overall premium feel of the car. There’s still no news on retrofit, and even if they do offer it, it’s likely to eat most of that difference, on top of it being an older car, and a demo car with miles.

Reactions: DBV1 and Trunk Gap