Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Q2 Model S Deals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to be willing to pass on the sport seats. That’s why they’re cutting so deep.

For me, having now seen the new seats, it wouldn’t be worth it even at $10k off. They make a very big difference in the overall premium feel of the car. There’s still no news on retrofit, and even if they do offer it, it’s likely to eat most of that difference, on top of it being an older car, and a demo car with miles.
Seat retrofit is $7k in total for the two front seats.

• Informative
Reactions: Cobra281
Update:

Car was supposed to be located at my service center. The app has an estimated delivery date of June 29 or 30th. That's not going to happen.

It's actually in Utah. I had the delivery team look up where it's at on their "garage" software.

Good news is it was a showroom car and it only has 12.9 miles on it.

Rumor on Reddit is that prices on all models will go up tomorrow/July 1. Supposedly employees got an email yesterday, but no additional details.

Might be worth the $250 gamble if you're on the fence. Both X and S are at historic lows.
Hadn't seen that. It would be a huge sign of strength for Tesla sales, if so it would suggest sales are very strong in q2. I was expecting more discounts starting tomorrow, and better than q1 but not above last year's q2. I'm still hoping for a surge in EV sales in q2 to counter the EVs are dead meat news articles.

Hadn't seen that. It would be a huge sign of strength for Tesla sales, if so it would suggest sales are very strong in q2. I was expecting more discounts starting tomorrow, and better than q1 but not above last year's q2. I'm still hoping for a surge in EV sales in q2 to counter the EVs are dead meat news articles.
We'll know soon :D Looking at Tesla-info site, it does appear inventory has dropped in the past few weeks. I think the overall positivity for the refresh 3 (and IRA), and .99% interest on the Y was a decent demand driver.

I was feeling a bit frisky today and reserved a S Plaid. If we see prices rise tomorrow, I'll 100% keep the order.

Last edited:
We'll know soon :D Looking at Tesla-info site, it does appear inventory has dropped in the past few weeks. I think the overall positivity the refresh 3, and .99% interest on the Y was a decent demand driver.

I was feeling a bit frisky today and reserved a S Plaid. If we see prices rise tomorrow, I'll 100% keep the order.

I didn't get the Plaid, but I'm 100% happy I just took delivery of a Model S. What an amazing car.

Tim

We'll know soon :D Looking at Tesla-info site, it does appear inventory has dropped in the past few weeks. I think the overall positivity for the refresh 3 (and IRA), and .99% interest on the Y was a decent demand driver.

lol you and I both!

I didn’t opt for the Plaid though. Went with a Red on white with yoke.

I’m eager to see what happens tomorrow!

My EDD is “June” wonder how soon I’ll get a VIN.

I didn't get the Plaid, but I'm 100% happy I just took delivery of a Model S. What an amazing car.

Tim

lol you and I both!

I didn’t opt for the Plaid though. Went with a Red on white with yoke.

I’m eager to see what happens tomorrow!

My EDD is “June” wonder how soon I’ll get a VIN.
I had made up my mind months ago to not even consider a Plaid. Then I started doing that "bad mental math" where I assigned a value (of what I genuinely would pay as an upgrade price) of $2K to the carbon trim, $3K for the sport seats.. And then the remaining $10K was just so I would never have a day of FOMO.

Part of me hopes the price goes up tomorrow, as I will sleep better and then can start getting super excited. Until then, cautiously happy :)

Reactions: TBrownTX and MYP24