Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced autopilot features now FSD-only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zhu-

custom title
Oct 24, 2018
NJ
According to the latest update on Tesla.com, EAP is now $3k and is basically autosteer only.

Navigate on Autopilot, Autopark, and Summon are now all under FSD. This is quite disappointing. Hopefully Tesla can make things right for us earlier adopters who paid $5k for EAP.

If I lose NoA, autopark, and summon, I'd personally prefer the $5k refunded back as I barely use EAP.

What does everyone else think?

You should be fine, the site lists the 3k option as "autopilot" not enhanced AP, this looks just be a change in model to encourage more people to pay the same total price of 8k for everything which is what they ultimately want, but since it's a different SKU your feature should stay the same

Reactions: egdeen
Does that mean for those who purchased EAP can buy FSD at a cheaper price, considering the new "FSD" would cover the "enhanced" part of AP?

As far as we're aware, Electrek has mentioned that the original price of FSD is grandfathered in. I still should technically be able to get FSD for only $4,000. That was the price I saw when I ordered my M3 originally. Obviously it raised to 5k awhile ago.

Not sure how much of a hassle that'll be when I eventually do want to pull the trigger though... we'll have to find out.

So far (that I know of) there is no information on how this autopilot restructuring affect people who already have it, although I am going to say that "legacy EAP" owners will still get the features promised and the new feature organization only applies to those who buy Autopilot from now on.

From the other forum;

Autpilot might be explained about in the CAN decoding... there are four values: None, Highway, Enhanced, and FSD. Clearly this new $3000 option is Highway, and those of us that paid $5k get Enhanced. This has been in the works for a while...

So it's likely that we have a now eliminated hybrid autopilot that includes some of the FSD features. This also explains why they eliminated the $3K add on option for FSD late last year.

It is possible, though unlikely with Tesla's current financials, that they would upgrade us to the new definition of FSD when it becomes available later this year and do it at a low or zero cost since we are early adopters who paid much more for our cars than they are now selling them for.

It is possible, though unlikely with Tesla's current financials, that they would upgrade us to the new definition of FSD when it becomes available later this year and do it at a low or zero cost since we are early adopters who paid much more for our cars than they are now selling them for.

I doubt this, as doing so would shaft the early adopters who pre-paid for FSD already. They'd likely have to give a rebate of some sort, which of course they're not in any position to do.

Reactions: C141medic
I doubt this, as doing so would shaft the early adopters who pre-paid for FSD already. They'd likely have to give a rebate of some sort, which of course they're not in any position to do.

They would just refund those customers the $3K they paid. I'm not arguing they will do it, but I do think it is a possibility since $5K now buys their new definition of "FSD" and arguably requires or gets the new autopilot hardware... all for the same price that we paid for EAP a few weeks or months ago.

They would just refund those customers the $3K they paid. I'm not arguing they will do it, but I do think it is a possibility since $5K now buys their new definition of "FSD" and arguably requires or gets the new autopilot hardware... all for the same price that we paid for EAP a few weeks or months ago.

It would be great if early EAP buyers got a free FSD upgrade but I think that might be a bit beyond expectation. FSD buyers today will still need the $3k AP so total cost is the same $8k which is unchanged from the previous $5k EAP and $3k FSD.

How are they gonna handle those of us grandfathered in to EAP? Like at some point soon here NoA performance will substantially diverge on HW3 but we already have the feature.

Will they want $4k from me for it just to work...better? While doing the same thing?

This sounds tricky.