Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what Elon means by "we need to merge a lot of updates into main branch"? Is this hinting that there will be more in the update than just Enhanced Summon or is he talking about how different cars are on different updates and they need to do an update that brings everyone up to the same point?

There are all kinds of tweaks, fixes, and minor changes in software that don't rise to the level of "new feature," so they never show up in release announcements. I'm sure the release notes we see are very brief compared to the full release notes that we don't get to see.

• Helpful
Reactions: diplomat33
Let's hope for that then! Thanks for sharing this.
One thing to be aware of going forward is announcements by Elon and Tesla often times just mean the new feature is going to the early adopters.
That just means it will go thru "x" number of testing, bug reporting and bug fixes before the new feature is released to additional owners. We've seen this over and over but owners still assume the announcement of a cool new feature is going out to a large number of owners right away. Sometimes yes but not normally.

Musk says Smart Summon will blow our minds. ;)

upload_2019-5-31_18-10-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-31_18-9-46.png
    upload_2019-5-31_18-9-46.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 97
It’ll definitely be cool to have but I’m really waiting for the red light/stop sign recognition when on autopilot. I was using summon yesterday to back my car out of my garage and my neighbor asked if the car backed itself out without a driver. I said yep-he was impressed. And then I gave him a quick tour of the car.
My 6 year old granddaughter is convinced we use “The Force “ to summon my X down the driveway.