Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He's got some huge balls. I couldn't do what he's done in a million years. It's like he's from another planet.

He is Lucy with balls bigger than her football!

2AC9C755-3BFA-4587-8BAD-BD6E48A53882.jpeg

Wasn't Tesla sued (and lost) around 2014 for promising and not delivering some advertised level of FSD? I thought I read that somewhere - that Tesla was ordered by the court to give customers a portion of their FSD money back based on how long they lacked the promised FSD features. History soon repeats itself? August 16th is just a couple of days away as well. Does anyone really think Elon will raise the price of FSD on the 16th, as he tweeted last month? ShamWow! :p

Nope, close but wrong on a couple points. Tesla was sued and settled. And they gave some of the EAP money back.

There are people currently running beta versions of the software right? You'd think if they actually had this working there'd be some videos out there of it being used.
While there are some videos out there, For those in the early access program, Tesla specifically states do not post anything on social media, etc about your experience or you will be removed from the early access program.

While there are some videos out there, For those in the early access program, Tesla specifically states do not post anything on social media, etc about your experience or you will be removed from the early access program.

Maybe, but there are always leaks. If if it's just some 3rd party filming someone else testing it.

I just don’t think we should get our hopes up.

Something like this:

I find it crazy what Elon has been able to get away with saying, about FSD being right around the corner, for the last couple of years. Has he even come out and apologized? He's got some huge balls. I couldn't do what he's done in a million years. It's like he's from another planet.

That’s because you don’t get it.
That’s why you react like this. :)

I look at Elon and this company differently than you.
I see a person passionate for what they are doing and trying to accomplish. I see him running things refreshingly different from other companies that most of us don’t like.
For that reason, I have patience and latitude for what he’s doing any yes, for missed plans and rollouts. I don’t see malice like you do.

He’s delivered a better product than any other, changed the industry single handedly, and all you chose to see is lies.

Most companies don’t come out and lie, they just screw you while covering their butt. You like that approach better I guess.

If you have kids, and they are passionate about something, you give them latitude to accomplish. They make lofty goals you may even know they’ll miss, but you support it because you understand who they are, and why they made those lofty goals. They’re not out of malice.

We finally have someone like Elon changing the absurd norm, and you don’t see it.
Very sad.

That’s because you don’t get it.
That’s why you react like this. :)

I look at Elon and this company differently than you.
I see a person passionate for what they are doing and trying to accomplish. I see him running things refreshingly different from other companies that most of us don’t like.
For that reason, I have patience and latitude for what he’s doing any yes, for missed plans and rollouts. I don’t see malice like you do.

He’s delivered a better product than any other, changed the industry single handedly, and all you chose to see is lies.

Most companies don’t come out and lie, they just screw you while covering their butt. You like that approach better I guess.

If you have kids, and they are passionate about something, you give them latitude to accomplish. They make lofty goals you may even know they’ll miss, but you support it because you understand who they are, and why they made those lofty goals. They’re not out of malice.

We finally have someone like Elon changing the absurd norm, and you don’t see it.
Very sad.
I feel the same way you do. I meant I couldn't accomplish in a million years what he has. I'm just rather paranoid. I couldn't go around being so optimistic and unapologetic when my timelines are being missed so badly. I just can't relate to being like that. I think they need to do whatever it takes to get to FSD as soon as possible. But I think it's unfortunate that Elon has accidentally mislead so many people about when and how it's going to happen. I thought he was being crazy optimistic when I bought my car two and half years ago, and I bought with no expectations of my car ever being capable of FSD. I just wish he would chill out a bit on the over promising. Seems totally unnecessary to me, but I'm no genius. Maybe it was necessary and kept Tesla in business.

Reactions: MattUNI
That's current? And you guys think this is coming in a few weeks? That is horrible and doesn’t work at all like promised.

Yes it is current. Not sure, why everyone thinks it is so terrible. Sure, it's not great but it's not THAT bad. Remember that this is still very much beta. Enhanced Summon will get better over time.

And the car is moving across a parking lot to the owner or a spot on the map just like Tesla promised Enhanced Summon would do, just not very confidently yet.

Yes it is current. Not sure, why everyone thinks it is so terrible. Sure, it's not great but it's not THAT bad. Remember that this is still very much beta. Enhanced Summon will get better over time.

And the car is moving across a parking lot to the owner or a spot on the map just like Tesla promised Enhanced Summon would do, just not very confidently yet.

Hmm. What is your current estimate for when they will release Enhanced Summon?

I feel the same way you do. I meant I couldn't accomplish in a million years what he has. I'm just rather paranoid. I couldn't go around being so optimistic and unapologetic when my timelines are being missed so badly. I just can't relate to being like that. I think they need to do whatever it takes to get to FSD as soon as possible. But I think it's unfortunate that Elon has accidentally mislead so many people about when and how it's going to happen. I thought he was being crazy optimistic when I bought my car two and half years ago, and I bought with no expectations of my car ever being capable of FSD. I just wish he would chill out a bit on the over promising. Seems totally unnecessary to me, but I'm no genius. Maybe it was necessary and kept Tesla in business.
To me the only unfortunate part is that Tesla has gotten money from customers for something they may not be able to deliver. It's not at all the same as building an EV or a rocket that lands vertically, both of those were invented long ago. Tesla is claiming to be able to invent something that no one has made before and they're currently nowhere close to the end goal. Ever since the field of artificial intelligence was invented there have been extremely optimistic predictions about future capabilities made by very smart people.

Reactions: Matias

If it were a human struggling to perform, manners would demand withholding harsh judgment.

As this is just a car with lofty promises from a very rich CEO (who according to lore isn’t shy dishing it out, even to his employees), calling the performance in this video “terrible” is still rather courteous.

I call that performance (in 2019, with Tesla’s history around autonomy) an embarassing insult. And if this offends a few fans: let me rephrase it: “It almost doesn’t suck anymore”.

Hmm. What is your current estimate for when they will release Enhanced Summon?

Don't shoot the messenger, I am just giving you my personal opinion, not based on any secret info from Tesla. But I think it is possible that Tesla could release Enhanced Summon in 1-2 months from now and Enhanced Summon will be better but not drastically better than what we see in that video. Of course, I expect Tesla to improve Enhanced Summon in the future. But I think the first public release of Enhanced Summon will probably be "beta".