Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting information and comments, Situation that started thread was observed at Richmond supercharger and enquiring with on site technician confirmed both vehicles were receiving charging. My concern was basically the occupation of additional parking spaces while charging with consideration of the problems associated with ICEING.Surely little is achieved by the inconsiderate occupation of two carpark spaces rather than patiently awaiting a stall to be free.
Personally I'd be very surprised if both were charging, regardless of what some Tesla staff member may have said. Supercharger stalls are not just power points, they're highly sophisticated DC chargers that have to communicate with the vehicle in precise ways, I'd be very surprised if they are capable of individually negotiating with two connected vehicles and metering and controlling the current delivery to the two separate cables. They would never have been designed for that originally of course, and when retrofitted with the additional CCS cable for Model 3 compatibility there would still be no reason to add such (extensive) capability given no more than one vehicle can normally physically access a cable at once (nor has it ever been suggested by Tesla that they can/should). Not impossible but wouldn't happen without deliberate design which it's hard to see any reason for.

If the stalls were intended to be used only 1 car at a time, there would only be 1 lead on each stall. I wouldn't hesitate to use the other lead in a heartbeat.
That doesn't make sense.
The are two leads because there are two types of plugs in use on the current Tesla fleet.
Only 1 lead is intended to be used at a time, and there is only room for 1 car per charging stall.

Reactions: Tension and Furfy
That doesn't make sense.
The are two leads because there are two types of plugs in use on the current Tesla fleet.
Only 1 lead is intended to be used at a time, and there is only room for 1 car per charging stall.

FYI, I've already explained that I misunderstood the purpose of the second lead a few posts ago. Thanks for re-clarifying though.

If two cars can charge from the same supercharger using the original and CCS2 leads at the same time then I'd be concerned who's account the electricity is billed to. If the first car connects and does a handshake to set up billing to the Tesla account, does a second car plugging in on the other lead also get billed to the other account? Or can the supercharger handle billing to different accounts for each lead? I'm still surprised 2 cars could get power at the same time. There are plenty of superchargers where parking would be possible to connect 2 cars at once.

Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean... interesting.
Actually just Spanish, Japanese and Korean. The Japanese still use Chinese characters for some words.
They sort of have to, because their phonics are so simple a lot of Chinese-origin words are synonyms, so without the characters it can be hard to tell which word you mean. Eg. 成功 and 性交 are both pronounced "seiko", but one means success and the other means intercourse.
In Korean the Chinese characters are used much less, probably because Korean has more complex phonics than Japanese.
Both Japanese and Korean use Chinese words much like English uses Latin and Greek words, eg tele-phone.