Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I expect the "europeization" (lights, 3P etc) to be done in Netherlands - they will ship the cars almost ready and then fix the last pieces in NL before the transport to the final destination.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect the "europeization" (lights, 3P etc) to be done in Netherlands - they will ship the cars almost ready and then fix the last pieces in NL before the transport to the final destination.

Possibly, although the differences for Europe are really no greater than the differences between options (single versus dual charger, halogen versus xenon headlights, etc.). I think the manufacturing process can handle it.

Europe are really no greater than the differences between options

I guess they have to do more than just lights. First of all they will offer three phase charging (as andrewas wrote). This means they have to have three chargers (or one for three-phase charging) inside. Sencond they have to switch the charge port to something like "Mennekes Typ 2" (Rumours on that info are coming from Tesla UK).

Switching the charge port is not an easy task, because the new port has to accept 2-phase AC/DC as well as DC fast charge (Tesla Supercharger).

I just talket to someone at TESLA UK. As EU Sig 52 I could expect notification to configure "very shortly". I got the impression that he talked about days and not weeks.
As regards delivery as I understood . delivery to Norway would be more May/June rather than April/May. Be he could not be more specefic at the present time.
They still worked on mode of transportation from the Dutch Facility to the various countries/regions of Europe. The plant in Netherland is still under organization and has not recieved cars yet. The cars are made at the Freemont factory andonly final modifications and finalaizing in Netherland.
Forgot to ask about how they transorted cars from California to Netherlands. I would guess a shipload trhough the Panoma canal. The alternative would be lots of big trucks across US to an atlantic port.

Wauw, surprised to hear that you are actually thinking about downgrading to i GP model. I Just love the Signature Red, and would give my right arm to get one. Especially as the price difference on my configuration and a Sig is only around DKK 15k. Signed up for the waiting list when I reserved so perhaps there will be a slightly chance to get an upgrade!
Would love that.. But the next few months will show.

I made reservation of regular Tesla S last week and have got a sequence number on Monday (21.01.2013): #2577
after a couple of e-mail conversations with Tesla representative have got answer:
-expected delivery in 10-12 months.
-3 months before car goes to production you will be asked to configure Model S.

So I still have a good time to make a decisions on how car will look, and how it will perform (not sure yet if I want 85 og P85...?).

I got a message that it's time to finalize my model S on January 29.
I will wait to finalize until my test drive in Copenhagen on February 24.
I'm not totally sure about what color I want.

By the way: Is Signature Red the same as Red Multi-coat?
In the design studio the red is called "Signature red" (no Multi-coat) but the white is called "Pearl white TESLA Multi-coat".

EU Sig #46, RN024655 and own a Roadster.

I got a message that it's time to finalize my model S on January 29.
I will wait to finalize until my test drive in Copenhagen on February 24.
I'm not totally sure about what color I want.

By the way: Is Signature Red the same as Red Multi-coat?
In the design studio the red is called "Signature red" (no Multi-coat) but the white is called "Pearl white TESLA Multi-coat".

EU Sig #46, RN024655 and own a Roadster.

Signature Red is not the same as Red Multi-Coat. Red Multi-Coat is a brighter red and is not available on Signatures. The other Multi-Coat, Pearl White, is available for Signatures, as are silver and black.

And shame on Tesla, grey is not. I think I may be downgrading, because Signature now means paying more for less. I do NOT understand why they cannot offer all colours for the European Signatures. For the US Signatures it still made some sense, as only four paint colours/cabins were available. But right now almost all colours are being painted, so from a logistical standpoint there is no reason to limit the choice to four colours. Is that the reward for clunking down €30,000 as working capital for Tesla? Major disappointment. It would be nice if someone could explain this policy, because I can't.

This shouldn't be a surprise as the precedent has already been set with Canadian sigs. They weren't given the options of other colours even though the paint shop was up and running with every colour at the time...

Signature Red is not the same as Red Multi-Coat. Red Multi-Coat is a brighter red and is not available on Signatures. The other Multi-Coat, Pearl White, is available for Signatures, as are silver and black.

And shame on Tesla, grey is not. I think I may be downgrading, because Signature now means paying more for less. I do NOT understand why they cannot offer all colours for the European Signatures. For the US Signatures it still made some sense, as only four paint colours/cabins were available. But right now almost all colours are being painted, so from a logistical standpoint there is no reason to limit the choice to four colours. Is that the reward for clunking down €30,000 as working capital for Tesla? Major disappointment. It would be nice if someone could explain this policy, because I can't.

Last edited: