Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i ordered my Model S nearly 3 years ago, bouhgt a Roadster to cover the gap not expecting it will last that long. I have now over 147.000kmnon my odometer. holidays in Bavaria starts 1st august, but no Model S for the holidays trip. my Model S ist still in production for the 3rd week now. (was already in production several month ago).
My VIN 14983 is much lower then cars being delivered in the US VIN 155xx.

Have gotten a confirmed date for delivery. First they called said it would be sometime between 14th - 28th Aug. Today I was told it will take place 27th of August. My pre-MVPA from 31.Jan states delivery window of Jun-Jul.

Have gotten a confirmed date for delivery. First they called said it would be sometime between 14th - 28th Aug. Today I was told it will take place 27th of August. My pre-MVPA from 31.Jan states delivery window of Jun-Jul.

good to know. that puts us all out about a month and a half max 2 months

so in this light mine should be arriving around the end of September latest mid October.... that's cool. should hopefully be in europe at that point of the year

There have been reports on a Norwegian forum that 10 to 18 will get their car in an event in Oslo on the 7. of August already. I guess I lost some places in the queue by delaying my finalization those 8 days back in January.

I got today delivery date on 23. August. Bad thing is no twin chargers available. will come end of the year. not a happy camper here.

that's curious. are the twin chargers different for europe and yes will they retrofit them?? I also ordered the pair and do feel I need them since this will be our long distance car until the X

but end of year still fine since no long distance trips until next summer again. :)

that's curious. are the twin chargers different for europe and yes will they retrofit them??
US chargers don't have support for 3-phase, so yes, they are different in a quite significant way. Based on remarks from Elon, e.g., in Oslo earlier this year, it seems that EU chargers have been developed more or less from scratch, and that they are even more efficient than the US chargers.

One of the fundamental principles though is that chargers can be stacked, i.e., "a twin charger" is in fact a set of two identical chargers. The same applies to the superchargers: They basically consist of 12 of the same chargers stacked on top of each other. This makes production relatively simple and scalable (read: cheap). So if they are short on twin chargers, it basically means they are short on chargers in general. Given the choice of equipping cars with twin chargers and delivering fewer cars, our putting a single charger into all cars and delivering more in the same time frame, they seem to decide for the latter. I have no doubt that they will retrofit that second charger for customers who ordered them (which includes myself) as soon as supply catches up.

I wonder how this affects the rate at which superchargers are installed in Europe... I don't have indication whether European superchargers are based on single phase chargers or three phase chargers, and if the shortage applies to all chargers or to three phase chargers only.

One of the fundamental principles though is that chargers can be stacked, i.e., "a twin charger" is in fact a set of two identical chargers. The same applies to the superchargers: They basically consist of 12 of the same chargers stacked on top of each other. This makes production relatively simple and scalable (read: cheap).

Ah, Supergrouperchargers.

I'd love to know. Official time frame is August-September 2013 (communicated when I finalized in April), but I haven't heard anything specific yet. That's not surprising since I do not have a Signature. Regular production EU #3.

I'm on the same boat as you. myTesla shows "sourcing parts" and I wonder how longer it'll be before it switches to "building".
At the moment it feels a lot like going to a restaurant asking for a steak but since they've got none left, they go chasing...