Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
niech zyje Polska!

Just had a call from Tesla.
I am Sig #348 from Poland. Black on black with all options.
Delivery end of September/beginning of October.

Milo spotkac rodaka w tak nieoczekiwanym miejscu.
Ogromnie sie ciesz,ze bedziesz przecieral szlaki dla samochodow elektrycznych w Polsce.
Prawdopodobnie otrzymamy samochody w tym samym terminie.
Pozdrawiam serdecznie

Wow this is so exciting... Any other photos or videos?! I love those EU plates! Luckily there are some around here too :D

For those present in Norway, please do update the rest of us here! What's happening, how many cars delivered, photos, videos, what the media is saying, what customers are saying, etc! Is it a party?? LOL

Wow this is so exciting... Any other photos or videos?! I love those EU plates! Luckily there are some around here too :D

For those present in Norway, please do update the rest of us here! What's happening, how many cars delivered, photos, videos, what the media is saying, what customers are saying, etc! Is it a party?? LOL

I hate those plates, at least the ones up front.
I had a US size (actually slightly narrower, but same height) Norwegian plate on my old Audi as it was imported from Texas.

15 cars delivered today. Was supposed to be more, but I know of at least one that was on holiday and had to postpone it a few days.

Sig #1 was not delivered, but Sig #280 was. So out of order it is.

Norwegian crown prince is now confirmed as a reservation holder and will get his car soon (I hope he becomes king soon, so I can say I drive the same car as the king). This was just a rumor untill the Castle confirmed today.

It was not a party, but sure was like an event. Gathered a lot of people (but not too many). There will be no more deliveries untill the 19th (except those that postponed todays delivery).

I will post any more pics I can find.

Sig #280 promised to post pictures tomorrow.

The 2000km roadtrip was a car loaned by Tesla motors to the Bellona organization.
Fredrik Hauge, which also just happened to recieve the first European Model S, drove it to The north cape.

Anyways, on the forum linked there is 2-3 people who have recieved their cars - posting Images and answering questions. They Are all put to good use.

"Mine første timer i egen Model s" or something similar is a thread started by One of the owners.

Im wondering whether anyone who took delivery in Norway this week is a member here.. Theres no first impression posts or anything :( Was hoping to see owners reactions :/ perhaps first batch went to car collectors who dont drive it? :(

There is a thread on a norwegian forum where one of the lucky bastards gives us his first impressions. Here's link, but it probably won't do you much good if you don't speak norwegian: http://elbilforum.no/forum/index.php/topic,8666.0.html
I'll try to summarize his initial comments:

1. The pre-delivery detailing was somewhat unsatisfactory, he's taken this up with Tesla, but doesn't really expect much in the way of a response.

2. The blue and red adapters for charging are not ready and the car was delivered with just the schuko adapter. He's been promised that the blue and red adapters will be available "soon", he did not get a clear answer as to what "soon" means. Also the schuko adapter is very large and does NOT fit inside the standard public charge points. If you wish to use these you have to use an extension cord.

3. The twin charger was not delivered with the car, he's been promised that Tesla will install it "later", but again he didn't get a clear answer as to what "later" means.

4. No cargo net in the frunk.

On the bright side he says the the car is fantastic to drive. Also it attracts a great deal of attention and he got a free extension cord from one of the stores near the Tesla Gallery simply because two of the employees love the car.

The Tesla app has still not been released for the european market, but he reports that the the copy he downloaded from the US appstore works fine.

In a later post he reports that the car was delivered with software version 5.0 and that it among other things supports Wifi tethering.

In an even later post he reports that the schuko adapter can only be set to charge at 13A or lower, 16A is not supported. He's somewhat annoyed about the lack of the blue and red adapters as he finds this charging to be to slow to fully charge the car by morning. His first trip of some distance was driving to the city of Porsgrunn, a trip of 165,7 km with an average consumption of 205 wh/km. He also notes that this was in very heavy rain.

Also he's reporting the the onboard navigation only speaks english and can't pronounce norwegian street adresses. He's been having some trouble getting the car to heat the interior, but is uncertain if it's just operator error, will report back after experimenting some more. The touchscreen is praised for being very intuitive and works well.

It turns out that Athlon Car Lease already got their Model S three days ago.

In the Netherlands we have the RDW which handles all car registrations, check out these two links:
* Ovi

* Ovi

Those two license plates (5-KTV-34 and 6-KXH-18) are European models registered.

A couple of pictures:
* Twitter / keaks67: First EU delivery in Netherlands ...
* http://tesla.o.auroraobjects.eu/models-nl-aug-2013_1.jpg
* http://tesla.o.auroraobjects.eu/models-nl-aug-2013_2.jpg
* Instagram

models-nl-aug-2013_1_small.jpg

models-nl-aug-2013_2_small.jpg

Finally got my VIN today. 5YJSA2DP9DFP18968.

I own the roadster with the EU VIN 968. Is this a nice coincidence???

The other message still says: We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S.

Well, we all know since the conference that sourcing the parts may be more difficult than building the car.