Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. I complain about the "Any Song" function doesn't work in Germany. But this not Tesla's fault. It's a legal issue here in Germany. They use IP-rights (pushing tech patents as a reason for having such stricks rules on music and other copyright protected media) making is virtually impossible to run a feature like this here in Germany. This whole thing is kinda stupid and getting rediculous, I want to artists to get their money, but you just can't go back in time to records and CDs, the future can't be stopped so just the hack arrange with it and the hell adapt your business modells, we all have to do this, Innovation doesn't stop at anybodyies dorrstep.

But beside that I really I enjoy the car, but this feature was just too cool, to let be taken away by stupid regulation. One should make that a topic

- - - Updated - - -

Insurance is great. Very cheap. Was very possitively surprised

No. I complain about the "Any Song" function doesn't work in Germany. But this not Tesla's fault. It's a legal issue here in Germany. They use IP-rights (pushing tech patents as a reason for having such stricks rules on music and other copyright protected media) making is virtually impossible to run a feature like this here in Germany. This whole thing is kinda stupid and getting rediculous, I want to artists to get their money, but you just can't go back in time to records and CDs, the future can't be stopped so just the hack arrange with it and the hell adapt your business modells, we all have to do this, Innovation doesn't stop at anybodyies dorrstep.

But beside that I really I enjoy the car, but this feature was just too cool, to let be taken away by stupid regulation. One should make that a topic

- - - Updated - - -

Insurance is great. Very cheap. Was very possitively surprised

Understood, and agree...

I think we can all agree that we're early adopters and that there's always a price to pay for that, having said that and at least as far as music is concerned, we're more in the mainstream domain and sucks big time. Hope things are different here in Switzerland.

I'm set up for delivery (of my Model SP) in Munich tomorrow before noon.

131010 MSP klein Kopie.jpg

Got my CoC yesterday. Had asked for it as it's a required document to get the incentive here (at least for the first Model S, so far noone else had delivered it) and now I'll try to get the type registered as well so any P85 will have it easier afterwards ;) So now I've set up everything except still working on finding the proper charging solution for home, still torn between a wallbox with Type-II permanent cable vs just using the UMC and the red connector.

Mario,

Red connector is by far good enough.
I'm charging with it (16A Tri-Phase) at a rate of 12kw per hour, charging the vehicule in full in less than 8hours.
Don't know in Estonia, but here in France, contract to have 22kw (which is 24kw) is 4 time expensive than 12kw, so for us here is much better not using a wallbox, just the red plug.

How much is electricity in Estonia? Here in France it's 10 cents (0,10 euros) on the night price and 14 cents (0,14 euros) on day price (Prices includes ALL taxes except contract fees (16 euros for 12kw and 50 euros for 24kw)

Don't worry, my first bad was can I run out of battery? Not really, it is hard to make a lot of drive in a single day! (except traveling)

Mario,

Red connector is by far good enough.
I'm charging with it (16A Tri-Phase) at a rate of 12kw per hour, charging the vehicule in full in less than 8hours.
Don't know in Estonia, but here in France, contract to have 22kw (which is 24kw) is 4 time expensive than 12kw, so for us here is much better not using a wallbox, just the red plug.

How much is electricity in Estonia? Here in France it's 10 cents (0,10 euros) on the night price and 14 cents (0,14 euros) on day price (Prices includes ALL taxes except contract fees (16 euros for 12kw and 50 euros for 24kw)

Don't worry, my first bad was can I run out of battery? Not really, it is hard to make a lot of drive in a single day! (except traveling)

The main reason I'm planning a wallbox is to have a permanent charging station at home so that I can arrive and just start charging. With the UMC I need to unpack it, charge and in the morning pack it again. Also, the government is encouraging the installations of safe wallboxes instead of just electricity outlets and they will reimburse me €1000 for the cost of the wallbox and installation. The one I found from ratio.nl is a 3x32A wallbox with permanent Type-II cable attached that costs with shipping €820 leaving me with €180 eur worth of reimbursement for the mounting :)

The electricity cost during the night is:

* electricity itself: 4.3c / kWh
* trasmission cost: 2.5c / kWh
* renewables subsidy: 0.9c / kWh

So that makes it to 7.7c / kWh. However that's averaged spot price as I don't have a fixed package. Once I start to charge my Tesla mostly at nights I'll have to do the math if an offset plan where night is real cheap and day is more expensive would benefit me because my general usage in the house is pretty much flat 400 kWh day usage, 375 kWh night usage.

The amperage cost of course is indeed high, right now I only have 3x16A as the house connector so I'm planning to charge at 3x9A. However I've already started to investigate what it would cost to upgrade to 3x32A so that I could charge at 3x21A or something similar. The wallbox allows setting it to 9/15/21/30A internally so I won't have to tune it from the car. Of course upgrading the amperage to 32A costs and it'll double my current €6.7 flat fee to €13.4 just for having the amps available. But that's a small fee to pay for a bit higher charging power and comfort.