Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it's now my turn to sing horray... It's now about 250km and just over 3 days away...
Production was finished on the 21st of December according to myTesla.

Here are my DS' pics he sent me today.

image012.jpg
image013.jpg
image014.jpg

Hi, I'm awaiting also a European delivery in second half of February, have seen that in the mean time the price has been reduced. Does anyone know how Tesla handles this, is the price corrected on a car not delivered as well? Wanted to ask here first before approaching Tesla/DS ...

Well, I ordered end of October, but convinced them to upgrade to new pricing since I wanted to have the leather dashboard, so I went up some 4k EUR ... and now I'd be back on my original price ...

Well if you are happy with a further delay and the car isn't in production yet, then I think the only real hope for new pricing is if you keep upgrading :D If you're on S85, then go for P85, if you're on P85, then P85+ etc ;) This is probably the only argument you could go for to get the new pricing at least in theory as that has worked in the past (which you obviously know with the dashboard).

I just ordered my MS 85 (pearl white, 19", pano, maxed out besides 3rd row seats) last wednesday. I'm from Austria and it says about 4-5 months *sigh*. Any idea why the US store delivery times are now 1-2 months compared to 2,5x the time in Europe?

CARB sales earn credits? Also the USA:
- is an impatient market
- is farther along the adoption curve
- has a shorter and better developed supply chain.
Elon Musk has refered to EU deliveries adding a month just because of transportation time (whicb may also include waiting for a batch of vehicles).

The order I placed on the 'Other Europe' site was confirmed on January 14, 2014. I played around on the website today, and I noticed that the exact same configuration I ordered costs €2,750 less now than it did a month ago (-€2,600 base price (85kWh), -€100 tech package and -€50 leather seats). This is a substantial difference, and I wonder if I can get a credit for the variance...

depend on your local laws around buying stuff over the internet, phone etc. in sweden you are not allowed to keep the orderingfee as a manufacturer if a customer cancel. Meaning Tesla is not allowed to enforce their agreement as local laws will override that. So if the price drops here before the car is delivered I could cancell and get full refund and order a new car. Tesla would probably not want to sell a car in that situation for logical reasons though... but the point is that its probably possible to get the lower price depending on the local laws around "remote" agreements. In Sweden the order could be cancelled and in court Tesla would be forced to refund the ordering fee. The customer could order a new car through someone else etc... So the point being its probably possible to get the lower price depending on local laws around remote sales... no clue if this is just the strong customer laws or if this is the same across EU? My take is that Tesla would lower the price after some discussion and remind them around the local consumer laws...

I'd like to emphasize that it wouldn't occur to me to appeal for the refund/credit if the car was in production, but it isn't. I feel if the price decreases between the order and the day production starts, the costumer should get the lower price.

Anyone has any idea how many European orders are placed in a month? I'd like to calculate how many people might be impacted (there's ~1 month between order confirmation and production start).

It's worth sending out an email or two to Tesla.... ...I could also cancel the order, loose the deposit, re-order the car and still save €750. (€750 is about double than what my very first car cost. :biggrin: )

- - - Updated - - -

depend on your local laws around buying stuff over the internet, phone etc. in sweden you are not allowed to keep the orderingfee as a manufacturer if a customer cancel. Meaning Tesla is not allowed to enforce their agreement as local laws will override that. So if the price drops here before the car is delivered I could cancell and get full refund and order a new car. Tesla would probably not want to sell a car in that situation for logical reasons though... but the point is that its probably possible to get the lower price depending on the local laws around "remote" agreements. In Sweden the order could be cancelled and in court Tesla would be forced to refund the ordering fee. The customer could order a new car through someone else etc... So the point being its probably possible to get the lower price depending on local laws around remote sales... no clue if this is just the strong customer laws or if this is the same across EU? My take is that Tesla would lower the price after some discussion and remind them around the local consumer laws...

In my case, what complicates things is that Tesla doesn't have a local presence in the country. That said, I'm pretty sure Hungarian law wouldn't even recognize the agreement as a binding contract without a physical signature.

Hi hun!

I ordered on Jan 17th, from a local car importer. I had calculated the price of the car myself, and was a bit curious when the price they quoted was a bit less than what I had calculated, but I simply thought that I had made a mistake with the price of some of the options.

Then on around Jan 24th I noticed that the prices had dropped! I was writing an email to them asking whether I could get the price reduction, and calculated the new price for my car with the options I ordered, and to my surprise the sum was exactly what the dealer quoted originally. :) So obviously they already used the new prices on Jan 17th.

Since you confirmed just a few days prior to when I ordered with the new prices, I would think that you should get the car with the new lower prices. It would be pretty unfair otherwise.

Pate