Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 2K OEM discount is money lost for Tesla as long as they are not demand constrained in Europe. I think they should just increase the price by 2K in Germany, effectively making it a 2K subsidy. Others certainly do the same, they just hide it better.

If they did that now, after already having announced European pricing, I think a lot of reservation holders in Germany would cancel. I mean, what kind of a FU sign would that be?

If you're reading en_EU it would assume that you're UK or Ireland, which means right-hand drive.
Early 2019H2 was kind of expected for early RHD sales.
It would not be indicative for LHD EU countries who should be able to get their vehicles in 2019H1.

Nope, en_EU is for "Other Europe" - Poland in my case and other mostly Eastern European countries. And they definitely count as "continental Europe".

UK has its own site - en_GB and Ireland is en_IE.

My delivery estimator still says Early 2019. However, I'm seriously concerned that we are not counted as "continental Europe" by Tesla :) Still trying to get through....

semi-OT

FYI

News from Germany. The incentive is as of Dec 18th not approved for the 3 and the authorities clarify this is due to missing documents.

Thats not good as the holiday season starts soon and they may not work on that part if Tesla delays proving the documents.
Ah, paperwork, Tesla's nemesis. No surprise that paperwork is being used to delay Tesla approvals in Germany, known for its love of orderly paperwork. I suppose Tesla will probably get this paperwork right sooner rather than later because it's so important, but I should have expected Tesla to screw this up. I hope they learn from this; I doubt it, though.

(From the Model 3 forum, I learn that Tesla is apparently routinely failing to affix the Monroney stickers to the windows of the Model 3s... which it's supposed to, legally, although nobody really minds if they're sitting in the passenger seat instead. But it's another sign of lack of competence with paperwork.)

Seeing reports of German configurator being now open.

Can confirm. I just ordered :D!!

LR AWD (non-performance), white, 18 inch wheels, EAP. Seems like the 2000 EUR Tesla is paying out of the 4000 EUR incentive was not factored into the price I had heard before, so slightly cheaper than I thought. Called, they said I was one of the very first and should in fact expect delivery mid-end of February!! Someone else on the German forum said he was told in a Tesla show room approximately 52,000 reservations from Germany alone! So excited..

EDIT

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 13.28.11.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 13.28.11.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 13.28.11.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Can confirm. I just ordered :D!!

LR AWD (non-performance), white, 18 inch wheels, EAP. Seems like the 2000 EUR Tesla is paying out of the 4000 EUR incentive was not factored into the price I had heard before, so slightly cheaper than I thought. Called, they said I was one of the very first and should in fact expect delivery mid-end of February!! Someone else on the German forum said he was told in a Tesla show room approximately 52,000 reservations from Germany alone! So excited..

EDIT

View attachment 362741

As of 7pm, approximately 500 people have ordered in Germany. I am in the low 10s. There is an invoice number that appears to be serial. Do people from other countries have that, too? Would be interesting to compare and for estimation of total orders! It is on the top right of the PDF that comes with the confirmation email.

As of 7pm, approximately 500 people have ordered in Germany. I am in the low 10s. There is an invoice number that appears to be serial. Do people from other countries have that, too? Would be interesting to compare and for estimation of total orders! It is on the top right of the PDF that comes with the confirmation email.

My invoice is # 555. In Germany though.

Ordered in the late afternoon around 6pm. Not sure if we can call this serial or a count even.

• Informative
Reactions: replicant
  • Informative
Reactions: avoigt
Ordered.

Strange thing though: on the lower part of my invoice it looks like this:

View attachment 363117

I can't make sense of this amount. I thought it would be either 2K Euro or the full amount, but not something like this.
Any ideas?

Oh and where do I find the invoice number, like your # 555, @hobbes?

The invoice number is not in the PDF that you get via Email. In your account (PC, not sure if you can see it in the mobile version) all the way on the bottom right it says "Rechnung für Anzahlung". Click on Anzeigen to download. In that PDF, the number is at the top right. Post the whole number to make sure we got the right one (first digits identify country).

Ordered.

Strange thing though: on the lower part of my invoice it looks like this:

View attachment 363117

I can't make sense of this amount. I thought it would be either 2K Euro or the full amount, but not something like this.
Any ideas?

Oh and where do I find the invoice number, like your # 555, @hobbes?

I think the number includes the initial 1000 EUR from the reservation. Not sure why it is not a round 3000 EUR then though.

A 1000 cars ordered in the first 3 days. I'd imagine most reservation holders would order ASAP (unless Christmas season is in the way), so it might not grow too much.

Put this against the 52,000 reservations number in Germany somebody was quoting here and it's a take rate of 2%. The other reservations count was around 20k, I think? So that's 5%. Pretty low if you ask me.

Do we know if similar invoice numbering system is used in other countries?