Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since that Model X is now sold, what do you mean it didn't list Autopilot? Based on those option codes, it had AP2.5 hardware and EAP enabled and FSD paid for.

Just realized that your response was on the next page after refreshing hah. Yes I placed a deposit down on it. On the deposit page it did not list autopilot in the list of options and when I look at the spec sheet on mytesla.com it does not have the line item for it. Does that mean it was simply removed or should I expect it to still be activated?

Just realized that your response was on the next page after refreshing hah. Yes I placed a deposit down on it. On the deposit page it did not list autopilot in the list of options and when I look at the spec sheet on mytesla.com it does not have the line item for it. Does that mean it was simply removed or should I expect it to still be activated?

Really tough question for me to answer. Could be either one. But the car, as originally listed on Tesla's website had the JSON code I pasted below, which clearly includes those option codes. You should contact your sales associate ASAP to confirm that it has AP2.5+EAP+FSD. If you mention EV-CPO they'll tell you "their data is wrong/inaccurate" but you can say you clipped the JSON code below directly from their website for the car you ordered. They can't really refute that. Good luck.

Code:
{"TRIM":["P100DL"],"DisplayWarranty":true,"CPORefurbishmentStatus":null,"OptionCodeList":"AD15,AF02,AH00,APF2,APH3,APPB,AU01,BC0R,BP01,BR00,BS00,BTX6,CC12,CDM0,CH04,COUS,CW02,DRLH,DSHG,DU01,DV4W,FG02,FMP6,FR01,GLFR,HC00,HP00,IDCF,INBDS,IX00,LLP1,LP01,LT6P,MDLX,ME02,MI03,PBSB,PF01,PI01,PK00,PX6D,QLBS,RCX1,RENA,RFPX,S07P,SC04,SP00,SR04,ST01,SU01,TIP0,TM00,TR01,TRA1,TW01,UM01,USSB,UTSB,WTUT,X001,X003,X007,X011,X013,X021,X024,X026,X028,X031,X037,X040,X042,X043,YFFC","WarrantyBatteryMile":null,"DRIVE":["DV2W","AWD","PERF"],"CurrencyCode":"USD","INTERIOR":["BLACK"],"CABIN_CONFIG":["SIX_WITH_CENTER_CONSOLE"],"NearByDeliveryRegion":"","DECOR":["CARBON"],"OdometerType":"MILES","OriginalInCustomerGarageDate":null,"Odometer":2089,"MetroName":"San Francisco Bay Area","Variant":"mx","Price":131900,"PAINT":["BLACK"],"VehicleRegion":"CA","WarrantyBatteryYear":8,"HEADLINER":["DARK_HEADLINER"],"LeaseAvailabilityDate":"","WarrantyYear":4,"AUTOPILOT":["AUTOPILOT_TWO"],"CalculateLease":false,"Language":"en","TrimName":"Ludicrous Performance","VehicleBadge":"P100D","OptionCodeSpecs":{"C_DESIGN":{"code":"C_DESIGN","name":"Design","options":[{"code":"PBSB","name":"Solid Black Paint"},{"code":"INBDS","name":"Black Premium"},{"code":"WTUT","name":"22\" Onyx Black Wheels"},{"code":"CC12","name":"Six Seat Interior with Center Console"},{"code":"IDCF","name":"Carbon Fiber Décor"},{"code":"YFFC","name":"Integrated Center Console"},{"code":"UTSB","name":"Dark Headliner"}]},"C_SPECS":{"code":"C_SPECS","name":"Specs","options":[{"code":"SPECS_ACCELERATION","name":"2.8 sec","description":"0-60 mph","long_name":"2.8 seconds"},{"code":"SPECS_RANGE","name":"289 mi","description":"range (EPA)","long_name":"289 miles"},{"code":"SPECS_BATTERY_DRIVE","name":"100 kWh Battery","description":"All Wheel Drive + Performance + Ludicrous upgrade"}]},"C_OPTS":{"code":"C_OPTS","name":"Options","options":[{"code":"APPB","name":"Full Self-Driving Capability"},{"code":"AU01","name":"Ultra High Fidelity Sound"},{"code":"AF02","name":"HEPA Air Filtration System"},{"code":"SU01","name":"Smart Air Suspension"},{"code":"CW02","name":"Subzero Weather Package"},{"code":"TW01","name":"Towing Package"},{"code":"X031","name":"Keyless Entry"},{"code":"X001","name":"Power Liftgate"},{"code":"BC0R","name":"Red Brake Calipers"}]}},"CountryCode":"US","BATTERY":["HUNDRED"],"FleetSalesRegions":["Bay Area","Greater LA \/ San Diego","Denver","Las Vegas","Phoenix","Portland","Salt Lake City","Seattle","Texas"],"DestinationHandlingFee":1200,"WarrantyMile":50000,"OptionCodeListWithPrice":"AD15|INCLUDED|0;AF02|INCLUDED|0;AH00|INCLUDED|0;APF2|OPTIONAL|3000;APH3|INCLUDED|0;APPB|OPTIONAL|5000;AU01|INCLUDED|0;BC0R|INCLUDED|0;BP01|OPTIONAL|20000;BR00|INCLUDED|0;BS00|INCLUDED|0;BTX6|INCLUDED|0;CC12|OPTIONAL|6000;CDM0|INCLUDED|0;CH04|INCLUDED|0;COUS|INCLUDED|0;CW02|INCLUDED|0;DRLH|INCLUDED|0;DSHG|INCLUDED|0;DU01|INCLUDED|0;DV4W|INCLUDED|0;FG02|INCLUDED|0;FMP6|INCLUDED|0;FR01|INCLUDED|0;GLFR|INCLUDED|0;HC00|INCLUDED|0;HP00|INCLUDED|0;IDCF|INCLUDED|0;INBDS|INCLUDED|0;IX00|INCLUDED|0;LLP1|INCLUDED|0;LP01|INCLUDED|0;LT6P|INCLUDED|0;MDLX|OPTIONAL|82000;ME02|INCLUDED|0;MI03|INCLUDED|0;PBSB|INCLUDED|0;PF01|INCLUDED|0;PI01|INCLUDED|0;PK00|INCLUDED|0;PX6D|OPTIONAL|35000;QLBS|INCLUDED|0;RCX1|INCLUDED|0;RENA|INCLUDED|0;RFPX|INCLUDED|0;S07P|INCLUDED|0;SC04|INCLUDED|0;SP00|INCLUDED|0;SR04|INCLUDED|0;ST01|INCLUDED|0;SU01|INCLUDED|0;TIP0|INCLUDED|0;TM00|INCLUDED|0;TR01|INCLUDED|0;TRA1|INCLUDED|0;TW01|INCLUDED|0;UM01|INCLUDED|0;USSB|INCLUDED|0;UTSB|INCLUDED|0;WTUT|OPTIONAL|5500;X001|INCLUDED|0;X003|INCLUDED|0;X007|INCLUDED|0;X011|INCLUDED|0;X013|INCLUDED|0;X021|INCLUDED|0;X024|INCLUDED|0;X026|INCLUDED|0;X028|INCLUDED|0;X031|INCLUDED|0;X037|INCLUDED|0;X040|INCLUDED|0;X042|INCLUDED|0;X043|INCLUDED|0;YFFC|INCLUDED|0","PreownedWarrantyEligibility":null,"AdjustedSalesDiscountPercentage":12,"ROOF":"","ADL_OPTS":["AUDIO","AIR_SUS","HEATED_SEAT","FILTER"],"Year":2018,"WHEELS":["TWENTY_TWO"],"RecyclingFee":0,"Model":"mx","ExternalListingId":"","TitleStatus":"NEW","TrimCode":"MT10L","VIN":"5YJXCBE45JF129514","ListingType":"","DeliveryDateDisplay":true,"TransportationFee":0}

You can also try going to the Tesla Account page, and right-clicking on the image of the Model X, and select "Copy Image URL" and then paste it here. It should have those same option codes. You can also plug that URL into the Option Lookup Tool on EV-CPO to see if it includes the AP option codes. If those codes are still on the image URL, then it's really hard for them to deny you those options.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
You can also try going to the Tesla Account page, and right-clicking on the image of the Model X, and select "Copy Image URL" and then paste it here. It should have those same option codes. You can also plug that URL into the Option Lookup Tool on EV-CPO to see if it includes the AP option codes. If those codes are still on the image URL, then it's really hard for them to deny you those options.
Hmm interesting

https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...X,WTUT,X021,X024&bkba_opt=1&context=dashboard

Yeah, that seems to be in conflict with how the car was listed, or at least the option codes that were included with the car when it was listed on Tesla's website.

That image from your PDF has these option codes:
  • APF0 No Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Base
  • APH3 AP 2.5
  • APPA Autopilot Hardware 2

While the car was originally listed with:
  • APF2 Full Self-Driving Capability
  • APH3 AP 2.5
  • APPB Enhanced Autopilot
So it looks like they stripped out EAP and FSD, but it still has the AP2.5 hardware (of course). I'm not sure what to suggest other than trying to show them then JSON from the original listing as I posted above, but that might be an uphill battle since pretty much no sales associate is going to know what JSON is or how that shows what options were originally listed for the car, which will be in conflict with what is "in their system".

In the early days of EV-CPO, I'd retrieve and save every version of the 'car detail' page (like the internet wayback machine), but that became unwieldy so I turned it off two years ago. If I had that, you could print out the page that (at least originally) said that Autopilot was included. I wish I could help more.. this is a pretty crappy thing for them to do, since we don't know exactly when they stripped out those options.

So it looks like they stripped out EAP and FSD, but it still has the AP2.5 hardware (of course). I'm not sure what to suggest other than trying to show them then JSON from the original listing as I posted above, but that might be an uphill battle since pretty much no sales associate is going to know what JSON is or how that shows what options were originally listed for the car, which will be in conflict with what is "in their system".

In the early days of EV-CPO, I'd retrieve and save every version of the 'car detail' page (like the internet wayback machine), but that became unwieldy so I turned it off two years ago. If I had that, you could print out the page that (at least originally) said that Autopilot was included. I wish I could help more.. this is a pretty crappy thing for them to do, since we don't know exactly when they stripped out those options.

I'm not sure what you find crappy... If the car as delivered matches the listing, what difference is it if it was previously listed with EAP/FSD?

I'm not sure what you find crappy... If the car as delivered matches the listing, what difference is it if it was previously listed with EAP/FSD?

Because based on the data, it was originally listed with those options and then quietly removed. So it's possible that people are buying cars that they think have AP enabled, but then it's not. If Tesla wants to strip EAP+FSD from their inventory cars, that's totally fine, but don't list them that way and then change the listings.

Because based on the data, it was originally listed with those options and then quietly removed. So it's possible that people are buying cars that they think have AP enabled, but then it's not. If Tesla wants to strip EAP+FSD from their inventory cars, that's totally fine, but don't list them that way and then change the listings.

Sure, if you were tracking a specific VIN and they dropped the price, but one didn't notice that they also dropped the content, that would be a bit confusing. In this case, it seems Tesla is not saying there are any AP features included. The confusion only comes from looking at historical data from 3rd party sites.

Question, how do I know what autopilot the car will have? For example, this inventory one (5YJXCBE45JF129514) did not list autopilot, but when I look at the option codes on ev-cpo it lists multiple options for autopilot. How should I interpret this?

It seem like you're trying to start a fight, but I'm not going to fall for it. No 'third party site' or historical data needed. If a buyer originally saw the car listed with AP features, and say was waiting for the price to drop, then ordered the car, only to find out that AP had been stripped from the car, wouldn't you think that's an underhanded thing for Tesla to do?

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
It seem like you're trying to start a fight, but I'm not going to fall for it. No 'third party site' or historical data needed. If a buyer originally saw the car listed with AP features, and say was waiting for the price to drop, then ordered the car, only to find out that AP had been stripped from the car, wouldn't you think that's an underhanded thing for Tesla to do?

I'm not trying to start anything. I specifically called out the senario you are bringing up
Sure, if you were tracking a specific VIN and they dropped the price, but one didn't notice that they also dropped the content, that would be a bit confusing.
My understanding is that @errorunknown is comparing the direct human facing Tesla listing against the internal meta data/ ev-cpo listing and asking which is more reliable and not comparing current Tesla listing to previous Tesla listing. It seems that Tesla's listing would be the most up to date/ reliable/ enforceable configuration for the vehicle in a sales contract.

(In the past, weren't there cases where the car was still listed as non-L when it was actually an L due to owner upgrade?)

So in software situations, can Tesla take in a car that has activated features as a trade in, deactivate the features, and resell it at a lower price hoping the new owner buys said features again?
Yes, they can list the car without options and the purchaser can add them back on before delivery. People have also successfully requested deactivation of FSD/ EAP on cars to lower the price.
On the software locked packs, Tesla was unlocking pack size on CPOs before listing them, I believe.

Did the price change significantly compared to the listing you were looking at with the options to the one where they were missing? The 3rd party sites get their data from Tesla, and while we have seen some mistakes like ludicrous not being listed on a P85D, both Tesla and the 3rd party sites show the same thing. If the Tesla page shows one thing at one price and once ordered the spec changes but not the price, then there is a problem. It may well be worth others taking a screenshot when you order if something odd is going on.

Yes, they can list the car without options and the purchaser can add them back on before delivery. People have also successfully requested deactivation of FSD/ EAP on cars to lower the price.

I've heard of this happening on inventory cars, but not CPO's. The software locked batteries usually are unlocked for trade-ins and re-sold as larger packs.