Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there has been. But it's a repeating pattern, this isn't the first time it's happened.

For a multitude of perceived reasons, Tesla holds back (more or less) cars for sale. Both new and inventory.

There was about a year period in 2017/2018 where Tesla had essentially zero inventory cars listed and only used.

I don’t know if it’s been asked before or how hard it would be to implement but I think it would be nice to have a configuration tab to choose what color and/or type roof liner the car has. I’m currently in the market for a black MS with an all black interior (including headliner) but it seems like every time I find a car that fits the criteria that I’m looking for, when I look at the pictures, the headliners are usually white or tan headliner.

Ok, in moving towards complete transparency (not!), Tesla is now only reporting the core cosmetic option codes for new inventory Model S and Model X, just like they've been doing for Model 3, so now you'll only see something like this:

MDLX,MTX04,PPMR,WTSD,INBBP,PI01,APBS,CC02,SC04

They're also now combining the option codes for interior and decor into one 5-character option code (like "INBBP").

I've already started making the necessary changes to EV-CPO to support this, but I still have a few more things to do. Ironically, I have to leave now to take my car in for service for a bad charge port, so I'll finish as soon as I get back.

Until then, you might start seeing some oddities on the website. No worries, they'll all be addressed ASAP.

Thanks.

The codes stay with the car as originally sold, they are not re-aligned with the new meanings.

Basically, if a car has option codes APF1 or APPB, it's labelled as "EAP".

APF1 is the "old" EAP,
APPB is the "new" EAP.
APBS is the "new" AP.
APF2 is always FSD.

... has codes: APF1, so it's the old "EAP"

...has code APPB which is the "new" EAP

But with any used car from Tesla, one would need to confirm with them exactly what the car has enabled. It doesn't always agree with the option codes on their website.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
Question, since Tesla no longer sell's "CPO's" shouldn't the name of EV-CPO.com be revised? Might eliminate any confusion. Just a suggestion.

Good question. While it's true that Tesla doesn't sell "CPO" cars anymore, most people when looking for used car listings for Teslas, do google searches for 'tesla cpo' or similar search terms with "cpo" in it. It's just how people think car companies sell their own used cars, even though Tesla doesn't use that term anymore.

So here is a list of the top search terms people use to find my website (in alphabetical order, not highest search term first):
  • certified preowned tesla
  • cp evo
  • cpo ev
  • cpo tesla
  • cpo tesla for sale
  • CPO Tesla Model S
  • electric vehicle tesla for sale search ev
  • ev cpo
  • EV CPO
  • evcpo
  • ev-cpo
  • ev-cpo hunter
  • ev-cpo tesla
  • ev-cpo.com
  • tesla cpo
  • tesla cpo inventory
So if I changed the domain name, that would severely impact how people find and use the website through search engines, and I think a lot of people would find that more confusing than the fact that Tesla doesn't use the term "CPO" cars anymore. There's an entire industry on Search Engine Optimization ("SEO") and it would be a really bad move for me to change the domain name and loose such great rankings for these search terms that took years to build. For a long time (and even sometimes now), if you google "Tesla CPO" or "CPO Tesla" -- EV-CPO will be listed first, and Tesla's own website second. :D

Also, if you look on any of the major discussion websites (TMC, reddit, facebook, etc) whenever someone new asks about finding used Teslas for sale, everyone posts a reply: EV-CPO.com. It's short, memorable, and has been in use for over four years now. It would be really detrimental to give up that collective community knowledge and support. It would be like if Coke tried to change their name because there's no longer any cocaine in the product (it's true, there was!). Or for another example, the company "3M" used to stand for "Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing" but they are certainly do much more and different things from that, but they kept the "3M" for similar reasons.

Had I known that Tesla was going to drop the "CPO" in the future, I would have used something different. Also, when Tesla first started their CPO program, it was just CPO/used cars, no new/inventory cars were listed, nor did anyone predict they were going to start listing new cars for sale right next to the CPO cars. I also wanted to stay away from any domain name that had "Tesla" in it, so to avoid any potential trademark or cease-and-desist lawsuits down the road. So at the time, EV-CPO was the most appropriate thing to name the website. Despite the relatively minor confusion over the "CPO" part, I think people like it.

So as much as I'd like to find a better, more appropriate domain name, I think I'm sticking with EV-CPO.com for the foreseeable future.

I am interested in your take on something. Most everything I have read online states that a current 2019 Model S with FSD would have option code APF2. So here is where I am... I have a 2019 (pre-raven) Model S. Built in march, it has the new HW3 (APH4), but it also has APBS and APFB, it does not have APF2. Which to most would indicate that the car only has base autopilot. But we have all the FSD features. We have never opted in to a trial, update the software multiple times and still continue to use all of the FSD features every day.

I am interested in your take on something. Most everything I have read online states that a current 2019 Model S with FSD would have option code APF2. So here is where I am... I have a 2019 (pre-raven) Model S. Built in march, it has the new HW3 (APH4), but it also has APBS and APFB, it does not have APF2. Which to most would indicate that the car only has base autopilot. But we have all the FSD features. We have never opted in to a trial, update the software multiple times and still continue to use all of the FSD features every day.

Are you looking at your full option code list, or just the abbreviated one with 6 or 7 codes?

APFB, as far as I can tell, is "Full Self-Driving Capability (addtl cost)" and
APF2 is FSD (paid)
APBS is 'Autopilot' level (was EAP before)

Are you sure you have a FSD paid car?

Are you looking at your full option code list, or just the abbreviated one with 6 or 7 codes?

APFB, as far as I can tell, is "Full Self-Driving Capability (addtl cost)" and
APF2 is FSD (paid)
APBS is 'Autopilot' level (was EAP before)

Are you sure you have a FSD paid car?

I am looking at the full list direct from API

I did not pay for FSD, our car was an existing inventory car. Which is why I was curious as to why I have NoA, autopark, etc all functioning for me when I did not expect them as I bought the car and it was indicated that it was just plain Autopilot.

Which is why I was curious as to why I have NoA, autopark, etc all functioning for me when I did not expect them as I bought the car and it was indicated that it was just plain Autopilot.

I believe under the new definition of "Autopilot" those things are included. It used to be called EAP, now it's just AP.

Most everything I have read online states that a current 2019 Model S with FSD would have option code APF2.

This is true. A car with FSD will have APF2. You said your car doesn't have APF2 nor did you pay for FSD, so that sounds consistent to me.