TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

"EV Everything" legitimate?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Patrick W, Aug 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

This showed up in my inbox earlier today. I don't remember hearing about the company before.

Anyone here know if it is a legitimate company and if the advertised View attachment 239793 "sale" is real?

Being paranoid by nature I don't want to click on the link in the original email until I know it is for real.

legit.jpg

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

I got the same e-mail on 08/01/2017. No clue.... I think I ran across their website a couple weeks ago looking for coat hanger hooks, but almost 100% positive I would not have signed-up for anything.

3. f-stop

f-stop Member

I got the same email yesterday, and I've seen a few others from same company in past few months, though I've never visited their site or directly signed up for their emails. I assume I got on their mailing list by signing up for or buying some other Tesla-related thing in past

4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Only if the "some other Tesla-related thing" sold their mailing list, which I doubt they would do for a competitor. More likely they bought state DMV records.

5. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

That makes sense. In my case they spammed a one-off email address that I've only ever used with Tesla. So it's easy to update my Tesla info and then blacklist the compromised address ;)

6. f-stop

f-stop Member

except in my case, I'm in Canada and there are privacy laws that in theory should prevent that for gov't agencies - but regardless our local motor vehicle dept doesn't have my email address anyhow. Meanwhile I do use the particular email address for telsa.com correspondence and mytesla account, plus a couple other EV related things (Chargepoint etc)

7. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I got it also. Wouldn't be surprised if Chargepoint sold my name to them since I just recently signed up for it.

• Informative x 1
  8. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

I think I can assure you on that point. I'm using a different one-off email address with chargepoint.

• Love x 1
  9. ChargePoint

ChargePoint Vendor

Hi mbhforum, we respect the privacy of ChargePoint members and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information (name, address, email, etc.) to any third party. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team: [email protected]!

• Like x 6
    • Love x 2
  10. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have ChargePoint and I never got the referenced email so it clearly wasn't you.

11. Paes

Paes Member

I'm pretty sure I was scammed by this website. I bought floor mats for the Model X. It's been a month and I have not received anything, nor have I received any correspondence. My e-mails have gone unreturned, and there is nobody I can call. I've request a refund from Paypal and keeping my fingers crossed. I obviously suggest against ordering from this vendor.

12. Paes

Paes Member

Update: I received my Lloyd Floor mats that I purchased from EV Everything, so I can't say it is a scam. It is a legitimate operation. I'm pretty disappointed with the product, the delivery time, and the customer service from this site, so I still wouldn't recommend shopping there.